Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next > | Last >
Offlinemigrant mutant
Stranger
Re: Red spots on mycelium? [Re: Igloomis]
    #26860665 - 08/03/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Igloomis said:
Genetics?

I'd say no, because from the same spores in a different tube with more FAE and without this red thing they ended up more normal looking (no crooked stems, no upside down heads)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Red spots on mycelium? [Re: migrant mutant] * 1
    #26860687 - 08/03/20 12:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

migrant mutant said:
Quote:

Igloomis said:
Genetics?

I'd say no, because from the same spores in a different tube with more FAE and without this red thing they ended up more normal looking (no crooked stems, no upside down heads)

This makes about as much sense as saying that if two people had 24 kids all the kids would be identical because their from the same genetic lineage.

Offlinemigrant mutant
Stranger
Re: Red spots on mycelium? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26860823 - 08/03/20 01:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

This makes about as much sense as saying that if two people had 24 kids all the kids would be identical because their from the same genetic lineage.

Fair point, although I'd expect all the kids to have somewhat similar facial features.

About the original question, any idea what those red spots might be?

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Red spots on mycelium? [Re: migrant mutant]
    #26860856 - 08/03/20 01:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Those spots? Nothing good. Likely mold but if it’s just red metabolites it’s not much better.

Offlinemigrant mutant
Stranger
Re: Red spots on mycelium? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26860988 - 08/03/20 02:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Those spots? Nothing good. Likely mold but if it’s just red metabolites it’s not much better.

I see, thank you for the answer!

Offlinekassel88
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26861104 - 08/03/20 03:18 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

sorry bro was very busy!! i dont forget it..its in the making :smile: seems you blocked me in PM? you will get it promise. no popo bro :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineLuminous7

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: kassel88]
    #26861138 - 08/03/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Is this bacteria? Should I spawn these anyway?

--------------------

OfflineIgloomis
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: This is a new one to me [Re: CrashTest]
    #26861326 - 08/03/20 05:50 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CrashTest said:
In nature, mycelium coexists with bacteria and molds, and good bacteria will protect the colony. Everything in nature balances out

Which I probably killed by sterilizing the coir.

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

Re: This is a new one to me [Re: Igloomis]
    #26861333 - 08/03/20 05:53 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Igloomis said:
Quote:

CrashTest said:
In nature, mycelium coexists with bacteria and molds, and good bacteria will protect the colony. Everything in nature balances out

Growing indoors is not the same as grown in nature though, it’s hard to replicate the conditions inside, that’s why we sterilize our substrate

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020:mushroom2:

OfflineIgloomis
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: This is a new one to me [Re: CrashTest]
    #26861737 - 08/03/20 10:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CrashTest said:
Quote:

Igloomis said:
Quote:

CrashTest said:

Growing indoors is not the same as grown in nature though, it’s hard to replicate the conditions inside, that’s why we sterilize our substrate

In the past (using manure/coir/vermiculite) I have always pasteurized but never sterilized. This time I'm using Bod's coir-only tek. I did the bucket-and-boiling-water prep for one tub but sterilized the coir for a second tub. That's the one that developed mold, which makes me wonder if there might be useful microbes hanging out in the unsterilized coir. Or maybe it's demons or something. Yeah, definitely demons.

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: This is a new one to me [Re: Igloomis]
    #26862201 - 08/04/20 08:42 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Coir is resilient as fuck.
I have a 32L box where I put 4.5kg coir block. dunno how much water but I poured a few kettles full and a 5-7l pot of boiling water in several times mixing and crumbling it up each time more and more.
I used a bit of it next day and then after 2 weeks I made a few shoe boxes.
still good.
if its something like straw I would pasteurize/sterilize it
hpoo is rather valuable in microbes so pasteurizing it is the way I think.
it's mostly spawn is what goes wrong. atleast in my experience.

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Luminous7]
    #26862207 - 08/04/20 08:45 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Luminous7 said:
Is this bacteria? Should I spawn these anyway?

I think you could get away with something from that, but chances are it's a waste of time. if theres too much metabs I would dig it into the soil outside.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3]
    #26862344 - 08/04/20 09:59 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Might have something else in that jar. In the first pic I see some grainy looking myc. Might be ...mold!
:panic:

Only one way to know for sure!

OfflineLuminous7

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: mushboy]
    #26865404 - 08/05/20 08:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I spawned some in a smaller tub and put some in my ganja plant pots.

Its prob a waste of time to use your right. Ive been having so many contams lately.

Question, If i have plates that are like 3 plus months old and still look fine, ( hydrated and clean, maybe some pins but pretty healthy )

Is it likely they are weak, and or contaminated somehow from being around to long?

I have been trying to use up all my older plates some of which were like4 months old, and Iv been having a lot of contamed tubs. Everything looked fine, jars colonised quick and healthy looking, but then right around first flush BOOM a fuck spot of mold .

--------------------

OfflineLuminous7

#26865412 - 08/05/20 08:10 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Might have something else in that jar. In the first pic I see some grainy looking myc. Might be ...mold!
:panic:

Only one way to know for sure!

You might be seeing the adhesive from a sticker on the outside of the jar.

I spawned it, well see. Fuck it.

Quote:

F. 3 said:

I think you could get away with something from that, but chances are it's a waste of time. if theres too much metabs I would dig it into the soil outside.

Ive actually been having problems with a rat in my garden digging up spent cakes and grains. They love the grains apparently and have been relentless. Kinda sucks cause I love getting some Jumbo fruits when it rains in the garden but I have to discontinue, Ill toss some questionable jars in my ganja tree pots though once in a while. :peace:

--------------------

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
    #26865711 - 08/06/20 12:53 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I know how that feels, been having similar problems with rats and contams myself lately and I'm in a confused state of being. :lol:
I've got an ozone generator and it sort of does the job, supposedly kills mold and such, air at least smells like electrocution after a session. if you can get a hand on one, run it for 2-3h in the workplace.

Can't say if it will work with the plates, but if they colonize and are clean it should work. Make shoe boxes if you haven't already, by far the best option to spend a qt jar.
Unless you do invitro, may be a better chance to get away without contams. Not tried it, dunno.

Edited by F. 3 (08/06/20 12:57 AM)

OfflineLuminous7

#26866368 - 08/06/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

F. 3 said:
I know how that feels, been having similar problems with rats and contams myself lately and I'm in a confused state of being. :lol:
I've got an ozone generator and it sort of does the job, supposedly kills mold and such, air at least smells like electrocution after a session. if you can get a hand on one, run it for 2-3h in the workplace.

Can't say if it will work with the plates, but if they colonize and are clean it should work. Make shoe boxes if you haven't already, by far the best option to spend a qt jar.
Unless you do invitro, may be a better chance to get away without contams. Not tried it, dunno.

You run the ozone generator in the lab or in the fruiting area?

Very Cool this is new to me, and seems much cheaper than a hepa, ( which i still cant quite accomodate financially or space wise.)

Im looking at them on amazon, seems affordable and small.

Thanks for mentioning that, i might rock in in my disgusting "lab" .

I do all my work in 1 room, with a cat who lives in here full time, litter box just feet away from fruiting chambers, a grow space with lights for cactus and various plants :laugh: Im suprised I get any success! LOL :peace:

--------------------

OfflineLuminous7

#26866370 - 08/06/20 12:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I just read this .

" An ozone generator is a device designed to produce the gas ozone. Ozone is used effectively in water purification, but ozone in air must reach high levels to remove air pollutants. Health experts warn that it is important to control conditions to ensure that no person or pet becomes exposed to high levels of ozone. "

So I dont know if I want to be breathing ozone apparently?

--------------------

OfflineCosmicShaman
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#26866918 - 08/06/20 05:32 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Though I'd post some pictures of a recent contamination of what I believe is Aspergillus niger

OfflineFietchen
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: CosmicShaman]
    #26867653 - 08/07/20 05:05 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, i reconised a sour Smell coming from my Bags. I using Coco Coir and Rye together and Shooting the Spore Syringe 6 days ago in the 3 bags but i couldn't see the Mycelium Growing maybe it takes longer but i am worry that any mold will coming :frown: i growing some oyster mushrooms 3 years ago was a Awesome experience but magic mushroom seems litte diffrent but i never try Coco coir for mycelium Growing maybe that's the problem but it is so Airy that it's maybe perfect for that?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures