Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | Next >
Offlineoutlier52
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Bigworm]
    #27907662 - 08/18/22 01:33 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Bag O’ APE, looking contaminated AF after 41 days. I think the blue-green is from handling it too much- my noobian fuckery. It was in a similar state of colonization 14 days ago, and I broke the bag up as sort of a “make it or break it” Hail Mary. Remarkably, it recovered and was back at it the next day.

I’d like to get something out of this if I can. My plans were for a P9 shoebox, but no way this spawn would survive his ratio of something like 1:5. I could always fruit from the bag. I’m giving it another week and it’s going somewhere, hopefully in a shoebox at 1:2 minus the P9 layer, blobs be damned.

Edited by outlier52 (08/18/22 01:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBobRotten
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: outlier52]
    #27907733 - 08/18/22 03:29 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

So I think this is overlay, what do others think, it's just oyster which Is crazy virulent mycelium, all this is after like 5 days.
Sorry for shitty pic, I don't wanna open it yet as it's so young.

Edited by BobRotten (08/18/22 03:32 PM)

OfflineB Traven
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 53 miles west of Venus
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: BobRotten]
    #27908474 - 08/19/22 01:25 AM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Quote:

BobRotten said:

So I think this is overlay, what do others think, it's just oyster which Is crazy virulent mycelium, all this is after like 5 days.
Sorry for shitty pic, I don't wanna open it yet as it's so young.

I can't tell much of anything from the picture, I also don't know much about oysters or what their growing surface shoukd look like. You should probably try the Gourmet and Medicinal forum.

That said, I'm not aware of any particular downside to opening up tubs when they're young. I crack my tubs open regularly to inspect for contamination before it gets out of hand, check to see if I should induce fruiting conditions, introduce extra FAE, etc. Some people also introduce fruiting conditions right at spawning, which amounts to the same thing. Sure, you don't want to overdo it and kill them with attention, but I've never had any issues briefly opening and checking my tubs once every day or two.

--------------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

OfflineDelicMush
Stranger

(Please Advise) Mckennaii Mushroom maybe Contam or not. [Re: B Traven]
    #27908961 - 08/19/22 08:57 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Namaste my name is Delic and I would like and I would like to say greetings to you all and hope your all tripping safely.

This is my first time growing magic mushrooms I've seen all the videos from (PhillyGoldenTeacher) and the Zamnasia website instructions for my lovely mushroom family to have the best chance of being raised in the right environment and I have taken very good care of them so far I am on the 3erd day and I've noticed white stuff forming at the top I can see that it's probably not cobweb mode but was wondering if it may be early signs of trichoderma or some other type of contamination, I burp/air the bag once a day when the lights are on as to give them the best chance not to be contaminated and not to disturb them to much in the night I've seen that u should air 1/3 times a day so maybe I should air more but I've also seen on shroomery that you shouldn't air at all or very little due to a possibility of introducing contamination I wipe everything with 70% isopropyl alcohol everytime like the bags my gloves and wear a mask I have 6000k light bulbs that are on a timer for 11 hours a day and have wondered if I'm introducing to much light that would be helpful as well if you could answer that would be grate and I'd be very grateful.

Skip this part if u don't want to know about my story 😂 XP...
I've been doing research on psychonautics for about 5 years now so I can fully understand what I am dealing with I also have a alot of spiritual work behind me and alot of the Buddhist Ganesha teachings and meditate for hours at a time and can see why in Buddhism they called one of the Buddha's the dancing Buddha, if your curious on who I learned from the the first two was (Terence McKenna) and (Alan Watts) I've listened to all of there stuff and then I found some one who I've gone of a bit now was (Leo Gura) and then (Joe Rogan) and (Dennis McKenna) (Paul Stamets) although I didn't like how he talks about Terrence in Joe Rogan and makes Terence anniversary video more about his self then Terence and a few others but they are the main ones that have taught me to understand what I'm dealing with and how to use psychedelics for spiritual development and awaken a deeper innerconnection and oneness,

thank you for reading
look after yourself
Trip safe
Hope to hear from u soon

DelicMush

OfflineRoyalKingdom
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: (Please Advise) Mckennaii Mushroom maybe Contam or not. [Re: DelicMush]
    #27909197 - 08/19/22 04:57 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Hello,
can someone help me to identify this contamination? How serious is this?

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: (Please Advise) Mckennaii Mushroom maybe Contam or not. [Re: RoyalKingdom]
    #27909201 - 08/19/22 04:59 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Get that out of your fruiting area immediately.
Orange is no good let alone the other colors.

Offlinewazmo
Learning
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW, USA
How to avoid mold in our shoeboxes? [Re: Kizzle]
    #27909988 - 08/20/22 02:12 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Thanks for this forum! It's given us courage and inspiration for starting to grow shrooms. However...

Our first grow was 5 BRF cakes in an SGFC. Towards the end of the first flush, we noticed some green mold on a couple of the cakes, so we harvested them carefully and threw away those cakes. We shredded the rest and added to coir/verm in a shoebox for a friend.

Then we decided to step up our game. We got some LC from a vendor and inoculated some more BRF cakes, a few grain jars, and some agar. We made some more LC from the agar, and then used that to inoculate some more grain jars.

We set up three shoeboxes with 2qt of coir/verm and 1qt of grain spawn in each. The coir/verm was hydrated using Bod's cooler method (preheat, add 195ºF water, leave overnight). We put the shoeboxes in the SGFC, figuring it'd keep things humid.

Things looked great until we started to see mycelia on the surface, when suddenly all three were covered with green mold. We threw away the contents of the three boxes outside and ran them through the dishwasher.

Now we've got a few more jars of grain that are colonized and would like to make some more shoeboxes, but are paranoid about the mold.

We'd like to correct whatever mistakes we made, but aren't sure what they were.

I didn't see any evidence of mold in the grain jars or agar, but have included some photos of the new jars.

One thing we will do is to avoid opening the shoeboxes to check on their growth. We probably did this too much for the first boxes.

We've treated the perlite in the SGFC with 9:1 bleach solution, but probably won't use it again.

Would the SGFC (without perlite, and cleaned up) be a good place to put the new shoeboxes? It does have a lot of holes in it.

Any other suggestions?

OfflineCamera93
My poison comes in flavors

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to avoid mold in our shoeboxes? [Re: wazmo] * 1
    #27910102 - 08/20/22 03:43 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

wazmo said:

Things looked great until we started to see mycelia on the surface, when suddenly all three were covered with green mold. We threw away the contents of the three boxes outside and ran them through the dishwasher.

the mycelia you seen was the mold before it sporulated everywhere

Quote:

Now we've got a few more jars of grain that are colonized and would like to make some more shoeboxes, but are paranoid about the mold.

We'd like to correct whatever mistakes we made, but aren't sure what they were.

I didn't see any evidence of mold in the grain jars or agar, but have included some photos of the new jars.

The 1st two pics are bacterial, you can tell from the puffy/creamy myc and wet grain pressed against the glass. How do the agar plates look? Did you test the LC

Quote:

One thing we will do is to avoid opening the shoeboxes to check on their growth. We probably did this too much for the first boxes.

We've treated the perlite in the SGFC with 9:1 bleach solution, but probably won't use it again.

Would the SGFC (without perlite, and cleaned up) be a good place to put the new shoeboxes? It does have a lot of holes in it.

Any other suggestions?

opening the shoeboxes had no effect on that outcome, check away. The shoebox is fine as is, no need for it to be in another FC. A grocery bag over top would suffice, or the lid. .

--------------------
It was realer then I imagined

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Refugee

Edited by Camera93 (08/20/22 03:45 AM)

Offlinesunnylandjane
Stranger
 User Gallery

Cobweb? Or something else? [Re: Camera93]
    #27910487 - 08/20/22 07:53 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Had an entire batch of agar colonize like this from a MSS. Penicillium or cob web?

Had another MSS colonize plates with green mold? Easier to identify but here was one in its early phase.

Edited by sunnylandjane (08/20/22 07:54 AM)

OfflineMich
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: sunnylandjane]
    #27910774 - 08/20/22 03:59 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Hi,

New to mushroom cultivation. 

I didn't find this site until after I had followed instructions from a kit and directly injected a whole syringe of spores into a quart jar of grains.  That was 8/16.  The jar is in a mostly dark, warm spot (26-29C).

Yesterday I saw spots of white fluff appearing.  This morning it's more filled in looking.  Most of the jar is looking like this, it is a bit wet (maybe extra water from full syringe of spores). Despite the risky start, perhaps I'll be lucky on my first attempt.  Or maybe I'll just have a jar of mold to toss next week..

[url=]First growth [/url]https://files.shroomery.org/files/22-33/099912328-IMG_20220820_0812104.jpg

Edited by Mich (08/20/22 04:24 PM)

OfflineCamera93

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Mich] * 2
    #27910824 - 08/20/22 04:53 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Mich said:
Hi,

I didn't find this site until after I had followed instructions from a kit and directly injected a whole syringe of spores into a quart jar of grains.  That was 8/16.  The jar is in a mostly dark, warm spot (26-29C).

Yesterday I saw spots of white fluff appearing.  This morning it's more filled in looking.  Most of the jar is looking like this, it is a bit wet (maybe extra water from full syringe of spores). Despite the risky start, perhaps I'll be lucky on my first attempt.  Or maybe I'll just have a jar of mold to toss next week..

[url=]First growth [/url]https://files.shroomery.org/files/22-33/099912328-IMG_20220820_0812104.jpg

Damn kits....
IF you were ever going MSS to grain/BRF cake, you should use a minimal amount of drops. Growth looks to me like it germinated, hard to tell yet if there is anything else going on. more moisture then you would have wanted, but give it a shake in another day or so to redistribute the myc and moisture.

Spawn doesn't need to be in the dark, and be carful how warm you are trying to incubate the jars. My jars colonize fine in the upper 60's. To warm and it becomes more hospitable to bacteria and mold. Its a race to consume the food

What variety are you running? And welcome to the Shroomery! :hi:

--------------------

Refugee

Edited by Camera93 (08/20/22 05:00 PM)

OfflineMich
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Camera93]
    #27910879 - 08/20/22 05:18 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Thank you for the welcome. I think in a few more days I'll be able to tell better if it's OK, but so far, so good.

I'll try taking pictures every 12hr or so, better than checking every few hours...

It's Z strain P.C. from a supplier in state (MI).  I ordered Monday and really wasn't expecting it to arrive Tuesday. 

There is a bag of casing mix and a larger vented bag for fruiting.  If the grain jar stays healthy, I'm going to go ahead and mix with the casing when it's done.  If it looks iffy, maybe I'll just cover with a layer of casing and hope for the best.

OfflineCamera93

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Mich]
    #27910887 - 08/20/22 05:22 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Does it say what the casing is made of?

Might be a gamble there if it was supplied as a sterile substrate. Do you have access to coco coir?

--------------------

Refugee

OfflineMich
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Camera93] * 1
    #27910904 - 08/20/22 05:34 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I checked the bag and I can't use it, period. My cat chewed on the corner, lol.

I can get coir at the local hydroponic store I'm sure. 

But I'm definitely not adding cat germs, lol 😂

OfflineCamera93

Trusted Cultivator
    #27910910 - 08/20/22 05:38 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

lol knowing exactly what you're getting is worth it anyways man. Grab some coir, super easy to prep.
Don't kill yourself to get it if its not readily available to you, but a bag of vermiculite would be a plus as well. I like how it makes the sub a bit more "airy" and its great for moisture control if you overshoot on the coir hydration.

--------------------

Refugee

OfflineMich
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Camera93] * 1
    #27910918 - 08/20/22 05:45 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

I should be able to get both at the hydro store.  I'm actually a little bummed about leaving the bag in the box where the cat could get to it. 

I'll pick up a bag/block of coir and vermiculite and plan on a week anyhow before I need to do it.

OfflineB Traven
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 53 miles west of Venus
    #27910976 - 08/20/22 06:29 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Mich said:
Hi,

You might just get lucky, but yeah, spores straight to grain is a game of Russian roulette, and a whole syringe for one jar is way too many spores/too much moisture.

That said, the growth you have right now looks relatively OK.

I recommend you give PF tek a try, see if you can get fruit off PF cakes, and then take prints from your fruits. Then you've got your own home-produced spores to launch into agar with.

Quote:

Camera93 said:
Spawn doesn't need to be in the dark, and be carful how warm you are trying to incubate the jars. My jars colonize fine in the upper 60's. To warm and it becomes more hospitable to bacteria and mold. Its a race to consume the food

For real. Incubation is generally dangerous and unnecessary, but this time of year it shouldn't even be a thought unless you live at some crazy elevation or a high latitude in the southern hemisphere.

Quote:

Mich said:
I checked the bag and I can't use it, period. My cat chewed on the corner, lol.

I can get coir at the local hydroponic store I'm sure. 

But I'm definitely not adding cat germs, lol 😂

Bruh, I don't even want to think about all the cat germs I work around. My cats are obessed with getting their hair and filth on every object in the house. Spawning is ultimately a "dirty" process, and the vast majority of contaminants that people think came from their substrate either orginated in the spawn or only got a foothold because the spawn was weak and bacterial. A truly axenic quart of grain would probably fruit in a dumpster.

Edited by B Traven (08/20/22 06:32 PM)

OfflineGuerrilla
shroomery.wiki

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Mich] * 1
    #27910978 - 08/20/22 06:31 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Mich said:
Hi,

As others have said, a spore syringe is already advised against, but the fact you've used an entire syringe - that jar is most certainly done for.

--------------------

The Shroomery Wiki - Work In Progress - https://shroomery.wiki

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE WIKI WHERE YOU CAN! YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Spores I'm looking for:
AMVP / Albino JMF / Albino Riptide / Melmak / Melmak TP / Pearly Gates / Riptide / Rusty Mak / Starry Night APE / White Rabbit

OfflineCamera93

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27910985 - 08/20/22 06:36 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Guess it would help to know what size syringe we are talking about here

--------------------

Refugee

Offlinewazmo
Learning
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW, USA
Re: How to avoid mold in our shoeboxes? [Re: Camera93]
    #27911188 - 08/20/22 08:47 PM (1 month, 4 days ago)

Thanks for the advice!

The agar plates were hard to read through the condensation (I made no-pour plates), and I think I put too much of the LC on the agar.

Do you think I can get some clean culture from the existing agar plates?

I think I'll try to grow the bacterial grain outside; what have I got to lose? I'm in zone 8b.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains