Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
CENSURE BUSH
    #2311484 - 02/07/04 01:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

In an attempt to escape responsibility for the misleading statements that led the nation to war, President Bush has announced plans to form an independent inquiry to look into what went wrong. An inquiry would serve the Bush administration well: it would envelop the issue in a fog of uncertainty, deflect blame onto the intelligence services, and push any political damage into 2005, after the upcoming election.

But the facts need no clarification. Despite repeated warnings from the CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency, President Bush and his administration hyped and distorted the threat that Iraq posed. And now that reality is setting in, the President seeks to pin the blame on someone else. We can't let him.

Congress has the power to censure the President -- to formally reprimand him for his betrayal of the nation's trust. If ever there was a time to use this function, it is now. Join the call for Congress to censure President Bush now at:
http://www.moveon.org/censure/?id=-3798824-__DqAQw.nNltYMELYA7Cxw

Thanks.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: CENSURE BUSH [Re: MisterKite]
    #2312187 - 02/07/04 06:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MisterKite said:
In an attempt to escape responsibility for the misleading statements that led the nation to war, President Bush has announced plans to form an independent inquiry to look into what went wrong. An inquiry would serve the Bush administration well: it would envelop the issue in a fog of uncertainty, deflect blame onto the intelligence services, and push any political damage into 2005, after the upcoming election.

But the facts need no clarification. Despite repeated warnings from the CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency, President Bush and his administration hyped and distorted the threat that Iraq posed. And now that reality is setting in, the President seeks to pin the blame on someone else. We can't let him.

Congress has the power to censure the President -- to formally reprimand him for his betrayal of the nation's trust. If ever there was a time to use this function, it is now. Join the call for Congress to censure President Bush now at:

It's sad to see partisan idiots like this post such drivel. It wasn't as if the CIA was reporting massively contradciting information saying that Saddam/IRaq didn't have WMD's, and Bush was the first president who made up soem complex lie about it, hiding true intelligence. The UN, Clinton, Bush I, most of the civilized world, even ARab governments believed that Saddam was in possession of WMD's.
I'm not going to continue with this post, if you believe that Bush made the ENTIER WMd thing up, then your head is so far up your ass it's amusing.

Offline284_27
Indocybin

Re: CENSURE BUSH [Re: MisterKite]
    #2313262 - 02/08/04 01:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Interestingly the head of the CIA was a Clinton appointee that was kept on the job . Tenet says that this is the same info that was given to Clinton and to Bush . Right before the war Clinton agreed that saddam had wmd. The attack by moveon is just very biased ( read that democratic ) and ignores the basic facts .

--------------------
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Fly high and I will meet you there .
- Timothy Leary

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion