Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Does "god" like to pleasure himself?
    #2310443 - 02/07/04 12:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think that this is worth sharing...maybe not but I'll post it any ways! :grin:

God created the heavens first right? The whole heavenly host and it's inhabitance the angles. Now the angles are given free entry into heaven as long as they don't fuck with god. Then one angle tries to match god and is thrown out of heaven. Since that angle is not as mighty as god all the he creates is pain for others. This place of pain is hell.

Then god creates the humans. They are made to worship god or they are thrown into hell. Rememeber the bible says that even if you are a good guy you still burn after death if you aren't baptized.

Well isn't he pleasuring himself. Creating a race to run a maze and "earn" its way into heaven. How can this be why does he put us through the test and not let us directly into heaven. Why do we have to worship at all. Shouldn't he be forgiving enough to realize that if he made us fucked up we will fuck up? If he is almighty and all knowing why does he have to be on top?

Well don't take my word for it! I am but a man no better than anyone that reads this.  :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDF2K
Me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land before time
Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: ]
    #2310549 - 02/07/04 12:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

personaly, i think "god" is rather conceded(sp?)
"love me, or im sending you to hell to burn for eternity, but i *love* you"

does anyone else find this rather selfish or conceded besides me?

Anonymous

Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: DF2K]
    #2310577 - 02/07/04 12:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Its like he wants to be adored because he has a power that we arent lucky enough to have been given.

So I really dont beleive in hell.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2310941 - 02/07/04 03:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Well isn't he pleasuring himself?

What the hell do you think snow is?  If rain is god taking a leak, well then :lol:

Um, the answer is that you humans cannot understand the motivation of God. :lol:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2310954 - 02/07/04 03:43 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Does 'god' like to pleasure himself?"

Yes. I do.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2311001 - 02/07/04 04:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Take the notion of a supreme God sitting somewhere with a heaven and a hell, one who grants us shit for doing good and everything, and throw it out the window.. make sure to hit some poor fool on the street with it when you do. :smirk:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

#2311110 - 02/07/04 07:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2311232 - 02/07/04 09:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I guess human misery is god's way of pleasuring himself....

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2311285 - 02/07/04 10:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

amen, brother

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: CleverName]
    #2311406 - 02/07/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You see...this is how people INTERPRET the TRUTH that was revealed to people so long ago. The truth has been skewed to represent God as being an almighty HUMANOID person sitting on a thrown ruling over the Earth with his magic crystal ball. I belive Christianity to be true to a certain extent...hopefully you can take what is true and disregard all the false opinions that was inserted by man. Jesus knew all that is God and tried to share that with mankind through carefully selected words but many judged with their ego's instead of their minds and tainted yet another spiritual path.

I simply mean to say, open your minds (through understanding, and acceptance) but obviously keep your bullshit radars on.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2311412 - 02/07/04 11:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I sat in on a youth group a few months ago and one of the members asked "why does God require our worship?" Another member said something that made "God" sound like an insecure and egotistical jerk. I responded by saying "If your God is egotistical like that I have no interest in worshiping him. God *doesn't* require our blind worship as far as I'm concerned, we mutually require connection to cessate our alienation."

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2311438 - 02/07/04 11:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There is no alienation. Lonliness is a self imposed prison (illusion) that most of fall into when we attempt to compare the quality of our lives with others. We must go back to the source of happiness (become a child again) and accept all that is with a smile. Just dont forget about your responsibilities.

Yea...most people that say WHAT God IS generally have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Follow your true mind (heart) and you will know God.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: Anonymous]
    #2311577 - 02/07/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

a

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:14 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2311666 - 02/07/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My interpretation, and yes, I could be wrong, but this is what I believe:

God hasn't told us why He made us, but assuming He's a smart guy, He hasn't done all this for nothing. But God definitely wants to have a relationship with us. He doesn't want a bunch of butt-kissing ninnies following Him around. He wants people around who love Him because they choose to love Him. These will be people that He knows He can trust.

God gave us all the rules when we got here, in the form of the 10 Commandments. We have the right to make choices. We are stupid, and we make stupid choices. We can follow the 10 Commandments or not.

So God also sent us His son to die for our sins so that we wouldn't have to go to hell, because He doesn't really want to punish us so severely, when He knows that we're human and prone to making stupid mistakes all the time. So all we have to do, really, to get to heaven, is to accept Jesus as our savior.

God put us here to prove to Him our value, so that He can use our talents somewhere else, in the future, when we leave this place. This is a testing ground, so to speak, and a place to learn. Some of us are going to prove ourselves worthy and when we leave here, God will have jobs for us to do. (No, we're not going to just be sitting around singing "kumbaya" when we go to heaven.)

Those that prove themselves unworthy, but who are still saved, will probably be given less important jobs, or if not saved, will not make it into heaven at all.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: Frog]
    #2311843 - 02/07/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My interpretation of what the Christian/Pentecostal church has tought me is that we are born into this guessing game called life where you either worship the ruler of the universe or suffer the cosequences. This ruler and his minions supposedly controls every living thing yet at the same time gives us free will. He can't reveal himself to us yet loves us so much that if we dont belive in him we burn forever for listening to the wrong voice in your head. He is supposedly perfect yet regrets flooding the world with water and needs a rainbow to remind him of that pact. We can all form our own opinions on what Jesus ment by "my father in heaven" but fundumental Christianity can sometimes poison ones image of "god". Therefore we must be very carefull when using that word because "god" can mean something diffrent to all of us. If you said the word "god" back when Indigenous people ruled the Americas, they would ask you wich one do you speak of? The Sun God? The Rain God? wich one. Yet in Jerusalem most people would asume you speak of Yaweh, and in Pakistan Allah.

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: Spokesman]
    #2312126 - 02/07/04 03:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In my opinion, the first part of the scripture is just a Jewish mythology and history collection, inspired by a deity who has qualities similar to the environment in which they lived, the desert. The sun can be harsh and vengeful, but it can create life too. That, in short, is the kind of deity I think the Jews of old worshipped.
Along comes Jesus, and rebels politically and philosophically against a society that's based on the strictly regulated worship of this deity, and he gets pinned to a dead tree by some invaders, with the help of his countrymen. End of story.
The Bible says just as much/little as do similar works, all written down by humans, if at all divinely inspired. Because a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, those works may be inspiring, but can only deal with human issues.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisibleadrug

#2313616 - 02/08/04 02:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you read Genesis in the dumbed down version (Good News Bible) of the bible, it says many times that "God was pleased". So according to them, yes. In the King James version, it says nothing about God being pleased though, only "and it was good". The Hebrew Bible also states that "it was good". Apparently they're still on the fence.

Anonymous

Re: Does "god" like to pleasure himself? [Re: adrug]
    #2314321 - 02/08/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thats a great point. Yeah I remembe the little bibles with pictures that say that god is pleased.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom