Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDexter666
journeyman
Loc: NH
Synthetic filter discs.
    #2309979 - 02/06/04 10:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've been thinking about using the synthetic filter discs from mycosupply and wanted to ask about using them for my casing container holes in order to let air exchange so I can fan less, but my casing is cased directly into the container and was wondering if I used these discs would it prevent contamination while allowing air exchange and how much should I fan per day and how should I fan as I don't want contamination. When I fan should I use a fan and if so will my casings become contaminated or are casings protected from most contamination as I don't want that so any tips on this would be helpful. Also is myco supply a good company to go through because i'm getting most of my supplies there and I want a good product but fast. Another thing is that I need some spores fast also and was wondering if the hawks eye is fast about delivery or should I go elsewhere for speed of delivery with good product and service with a garentee of no contaminates in the syringe.

--------------------
Just say NO to police searches!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Synthetic filter discs. [Re: Dexter666]
    #2310179 - 02/06/04 11:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Synthetic filter discs. [Re: fee]
    #2310635 - 02/07/04 03:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

go to ralph for the spores if you are in the states he's extremely fast. no electric fans for fanning if thats what you were talking about just use a paper plate or the lid from your rubbie. filter discs will work fine but if you fan 2 - 3 times a day you won't need them, but if they make you feel better ..... good luck !

OfflineDexter666
journeyman
Loc: NH
Re: Synthetic filter discs. [Re: fee]
    #2311448 - 02/07/04 01:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

But does the hawks eye do a good job at delivery as I hear there spores are awesome but if this ralph guy is faster with spores that are just as good then I'll go off him but I have'nt heard much about him so I was wondering if he's cool or not. How long for those who have gone off him did the hawks eye take for delivery? Also do I need holes in my casing container which i'm casing directly into, if so how big and are those discs from myco supply gonna work out good and does myco supply give good service as there on the shroomery vendor list so I assume there legit and good correct, and i'm new so i don't want contams and although the room will be clean how much of a risk does opening up the casing and fanning with a plate or something pose, and how long should I fan if fanning twice a day?

--------------------
Just say NO to police searches!

OfflineBersilak
Fly on the wall
Re: Synthetic filter discs. [Re: Dexter666]
    #2311574 - 02/07/04 02:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ralph is the guy to go to. He delivers very quickly and for $3. He is also open to special shipment (overnight) if you work that out with him in advance.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation