Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
missing the point
    #2309432 - 02/06/04 07:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

it seems humans quite often aim to create a desired effect, but the total opposite ends up occuring.

example: gandhi's peaceful revolution of non-violence......leads to the Indian holocaust, millions killed.

future example: middle-eastern nations basically have one industry and one resource: oil. The developed world is evolving and wants to use new types of renewable energy resources that cause less pollution = hydrogen fuel cells. The developed world also consumes the most oil. So, in an attempt to make the world a better place (hydrogen fuel cells = better world) the developed world takes away the only way for the middle east to survive. Consequently, middle eastern economies tank, producing even worse poverty, which causes a huge increase in Islamic fundamentalism, which mobilizes middle eastern nation states to become more militaristic, which causes world war 3.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: missing the point [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2309440 - 02/06/04 07:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

#2309510 - 02/06/04 07:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

just goes to show us, let's live it up while we can, cuz the end is a comin.  and don't have kids, cuz this is what you're gonna leave em.  p.s. by living it up, I don't mean be as destructive and irresponsible as you want to be--I simply mean enjoy and bask in the wonder of nature  :wink:)

Anonymous

Re: missing the point [Re: MrGrib]
    #2309564 - 02/06/04 07:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2309731 - 02/06/04 08:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I would try to do more, but I am already holding the world on my back. If I were to stop what I am doing and help, the world would fall out of the sky!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: missing the point [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2309746 - 02/06/04 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know anything that is going on. You would think I'd led a sheltered life as a princess in a palace. Someone tell me what finger to stick in the dyke and I will help shore it up.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: missing the point [Re: Frog]
    #2309756 - 02/06/04 08:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, it's like, if you lift up a rock sometimes there's a bunch of bugs swarming around, some people are like that.

jo to da kizzle

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2310133 - 02/06/04 11:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"just goes to show us, let's live it up while we can, cuz the end is a comin. and don't have kids, cuz this is what you're gonna leave em. p.s. by living it up, I don't mean be as destructive and irresponsible as you want to be--I simply mean enjoy and bask in the wonder of nature )"

then end is always a comin, no need to put anymore emphasis on it than what we know. we could end today or in 5 billion years, it's all speculation. so like you said, why not go out and look at shit, it's there to be looked at and admired after all!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineMrGrib
Stranger

Re: missing the point [Re: kaiowas]
    #2310144 - 02/06/04 11:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Tao is everywhere to be found, even in the dirt under our feet, even on your ass hairs... :eek:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2310175 - 02/06/04 11:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

not to get hella off topic, but I'm hella iffy about the tao, maybe I should post about it :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: missing the point [Re: kaiowas]
    #2310373 - 02/07/04 01:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Please do :smile: we'd love to hear it

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: missing the point [Re: NariusFractal]
    #2310491 - 02/07/04 02:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"It seems like a vicious cycle. Do you think there is anyway out of it?'

the elimination of idealism I guess, but probably not. Life is chaotic, so it produces chaotic responses.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2310960 - 02/07/04 05:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

POPPIES

aggriculture

by the way these modern western people aren't going to let go of oil either until its basically gone, because they're making a shitload of money from it too..... You're forgetting the all-too-important "homeland" aspect of this - WE are an oil-based economy here in the united states where I live. There are people with MORE power here who are putting more pressure agains the progression of practical energy sources than anybody in the middle east in my opinion

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology