Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Loc: Inside Your Pencil
Cultivation of Coca and processing
    #2306480 - 02/05/04 07:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So, being unable to find very many resources on this on the web, I turn to you guys.

Does anyone know anything about, or any sources of, information about cultivating any of the cocaine producing plants, and techniques used to process them? Just an idea I was looking into, I figure it's too impracticle to be done on a small scale, but I'm just curious.

Any info on this subject would be appreciated, I found tons of info on coke, but very little on the plants that produce it, mucho gracias senors!

fLubbIlynUMPKins......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: flubbilynumpkins]
    #2306500 - 02/05/04 07:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

would you believe if i told you they use gasoline as an organic solvent to extract raw coke paste?
thats where my knowledge on coke ends.

FH

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: felixhigh]
    #2306607 - 02/05/04 08:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks very much felix-high, thats all I had heard too.

after searching some more, i found this...

Quote:

The Alkaloid
Cocaine is an alkaloid extracted from the leaves of the coca plant. Alkaloid content differs within the leave in occurrence of its distribution. In genera, the lower the altitude, the lower the alkaloid contents. Studies by Emanuel Johnson indicate that alkaloid content in leaves decreased in content after bud break. Alkaloid content is not uniform throughout the leaf, but the highest content reported is in the leaf stem. (Johnson, 1995) The process of extraction is based on the fact that cocaine changes its solubility according to the degree of acidity of the solvent. For extraction, the dry leaf is moistened with carbonated water and then dried and soaked in kerosene to extract the alkaloid. Then it is precipitated with sulfuric acid, forming cocaine sulfate, which is dissolved in water. It is reprecipitated with soda, lime, or ammonia, the impure basic alkaloid then remaining as a whitish mass: is used so-called basic cocaine paste. If potassium permanganate is used to oxidize and separate impurities, the washed basic paste is obtained. This paste is dissolved in ether or acetone, treated with hydrochloric acid, and made to crystallize as cocaine. (Mac Gregor) 

Hmm, so it's slightly more complicated than I had hoped. Yet not as hard as many of the other extractions out there :evil:.

Any other info is still appreciated, espescially if anyone happens to know the approx. yield per plant maybe? Who knows, this may end up fleshing out.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #2306792 - 02/05/04 08:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondring how you planned on getting a coca bush or any other species of coca. The seeds become inviable fast and hard to obtain and not to mention expensive. And cuttings i'd say forget about it.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: neuro]
    #2306853 - 02/05/04 09:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I found seeds once and the price was $99 for 10 of them if I remember correctly. I couldn't even begin to remember what site it was at.

Even if they were legit seeds, there is no way that you could grow enough plants to produce any viable amount of coke.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineflubbilynumpkins
Governor ofCalifornia
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: neuro]
    #2307142 - 02/05/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it's just an idea. Where there's a will, there's always a way, and I'm sure I could find a source for plants if I decided to devotemore time to this.

But, as it's come up, it would probably be pretty crucial to figure out an average yield statement. Like, to produce one gram of refined product, does it take one plant? or one acre? (just making up figures here)

Plus, I'm incredibly low altitude, which I've been reading decreases alkaloid content. Would that decrease the potentcy of the end product do you think? or would I simply have to start off with more beginning product to come up with the same amount of end product?

Who knows, questions are the beginning of most things great. Maybe we can find a way to mass produce it here in America, or maybe just guerilla produce it for personal usage, it is an innocent looking plant at the moment.

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
    #2307178 - 02/05/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I dont think there is anybody on the shroomery who grows it
so I assume its pretty hard.
the seeds are only viable for seven days or so and are very expensive as has been said above  but if you can pay the price and get em sent to you go for it
dont expect to mass produce any thing youll find yourself in trouble that way
but for your own use I dont see why you cant get some rewards from your efforts.
Effort=reward :smile:
oh.. and check the search here these been a few threads on the subject

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Edited by trev (02/05/04 10:34 PM)

Invisibleshriek

#2307240 - 02/05/04 10:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive had coca seeds twice and never managed to germinate them, ,they are viable for 2 weels max. its hard to cultivate this plant indoor and the reason it grows well in south america is because of the enormous bio diversity thats there,

i edited this post after looking at this link below, wich is truly intresting. they sell pre germinated seeds ive orderet 4 allready, thanks for the link. but the page gives very little info on the growing itself

Edited by shriek (02/06/04 01:19 AM)

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: shriek]
    #2307293 - 02/05/04 11:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I found this http://www.cocamama.com/
I know I've seen another site with cheaper seeds if I find it I'll post it.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

OfflineWhiteh
Even Stranger..

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2307864 - 02/06/04 07:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Theoretically you could fool the plant into thinking it's at high altitude by manipulating the partial pressures of O2 and CO2,  but obviously this would cost you more than it's worth :smile:

--------------------
"Too low to find my way, too high to wonder why" - Thievery Corporation

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2308042 - 02/06/04 09:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

According to cocamama:

Quote:

Much is made of the altitude factor. There is a widespread myth that coca only grows at enormous altitudes and won't produce any cocaine at the altitudes found outside the Andes. This is quite far from the truth! The Chapare region of Bolivia, which is where most of the black market coca in Bolivia is grown, is a hilly plains area at about 660 to 1650 feet above sea level. Virtually all coca is grown below 6000 feet, with many of the farms being between 500 and 5000 feet. Coca isn't farmed at all up in the high Andean peaks and plateaus. For example, the only coca plants which I saw in La Paz, located at about 12,000 feet, were in the Coca Museum. In other words, coca is grown at altitudes that are easily found in many countries all over the world. It doesn't require extreme altitude to live, and people have allegedly grown quite healthy plants even at sea level.

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#2309301 - 02/06/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i would bet they run a typical acid/basic extraction to the now hardened paste (made with gasoline/kerosene + dried leaves)...
but again, it would take a few acres of bushes to extract one gram.

FH

OfflineWhiteh
Even Stranger..

#2309355 - 02/06/04 04:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

But that would be a gram of pure cocaine :smile:

--------------------
"Too low to find my way, too high to wonder why" - Thievery Corporation

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: Whiteh]
    #2309495 - 02/06/04 05:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wow.
requiem for a dream is still the best movie in my head.
yeah, if you're addicted to that, that will be your fix, 100% pure.

i find cocaine hcl a very powerful drug but it doesn't makes much for me. i find it better as a medicine (makes you brand new if you have a flu) than recreationally. not to mention the anaesthesic effects. both for mouth or hiking.
the big drawback of such molecule is that they have a very short mid life in the bloodstream, it is quickly metabolized, dumped and then addiction is easy to build.
cocaine is shit compared to amphetamines, in 'tecnology' terms and shit compared to opiates in pleasure...
although i've never done it IV. and would never, unless it was made by a medicine lab.
i know that things that might be that scarce or expensive in some places might have a certain appeal but nor cocaine nor opiates nor anything is good in excess.
i might sound like an old junkie but i'm not.
i'm a rather new one. LOLz...

pure cocaine is a gram of some refined little shit my friend. i'm sure you would be dead bored (or OD dead) before reaching half of it...

i've never done any amphetamines but i'm sure one hit makes you awake for as long as you want and perhaps also clear the senses and even make one creative... of course they're addicting too... blablablabla...

FH

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: Whiteh]
    #2309515 - 02/06/04 05:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

now if you ask me about coca chewing and telling me that there is cocaine in those leaves i would say:

yes, there is. but there also is a good thousand other compounds without known effect that sure enter into synergy with each other in order to produce a very healthy end product (coca leaf).

the text 'momma coca' of murple tells it very well how different can cocaine be of coca leaf/tea. look for it here:
www.erowid.org/coca

but it seems the focus of the thread aims for the refined product so its pretty off- topic.

FH :mushroom2:

OfflineData__Stitch
Junglist
    #2328097 - 02/12/04 06:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

this is kinda what ive been lookin for. im interested in coca chewing rather than the use of cocaine. I will probably be ordering me some seeds from the coca mama site, but not before i find some information on the cultivation of this plant.

So some cultivation info would be FUCKIN great!

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: Data__Stitch]
    #2329107 - 02/13/04 12:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

dude, if you have already grown some plants this one will be easy to figure out.
do i have to outline you how to prepare a vase and put your seedlings in?
whenever i approach a new plant always start a new pot for it and then throw in the seeds.
depending on the plant, i usually pinch the ones that are germinating and put in another vase or right in the soil.
works wonders for HBWR and some other plants...

FH

OfflineHelico
Etnobotanican

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2573274 - 04/18/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hello, i'm new, but i have grow E. novogranatense, brother from E. coca. These plants are realy easy to grow, but lower on his alkaloids then E.coca, but you can easy grow this plant, very easy from seeds! They grow in 6 - 9 months in little plants, then you can pick a few leafs from it. Let them dry for a few days and then chew them. After 4 years they get flowers and then you have your own seeds. Plants must grow indoors in s'winters. But to make cocaine (5 grams) you need more then 1000 (little) plants...... so, it is not likely that you want to grow so many plants........

If you want to try grow you own coca (E. novogranatens)plant: Seeds and info
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/dbotany/index.html

With greetings,

Helico

--------------------
The plantworld is like a candybox, you will never know how the next candy will taste

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation of Coca and processing [Re: Helico]
    #2573663 - 04/18/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't be buying anything off a user's Angelfire website, especially none posted by a new user.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2573728 - 04/18/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I would prefer to grow a few plants for chewing. If it is pure cocain you are after you got quite a project ahead of you, and you'll continuously have to tear down plants and grow new ones, like someone here said it takes an acre to make a gram... but you could chew so much more, have fun with so mcuh more (and have fun in a healthy way) if you had an acre for chewing... alot for just chewing, but you get my point, right?

In any case, good luck

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds