Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: luvdemboomers]
    #23078586 - 04/03/16 10:12 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemboomers said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Nice! I was just looking at a TW online today, they are like the cheapest dual sports out there as far as price, the one i saw was only like 3.5k.
Im thinking about getting one. But what about long trips? 2 plus hours? Is that feasible for the bike?

I'm not that familiar with that particular bike but being a 200cc mild mannered 4 stroke it will be pretty gutless and I doubt it will like doing highway speeds or long periods of time. That being said I'd imagine it is a pretty bulletproof engine that will run forever if it is anything like the TTR line.

What type of riding do you intend to do? $3500 opens up a lot of options if you are buy used.

3,500 was used actually. I think they run 4,500 new.
mainly into the city, which about 20-30 mins. But also would like to take longer trips 2+ hours.

Weird that the tw 200 goes only 65 mph. People say the honda grom tops out at 70 and thats only 125cc i think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Middleman]
    #23078594 - 04/03/16 10:16 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Nice! I was just looking at a TW online today, they are like the cheapest dual sports out there as far as price, the one i saw was only like 3.5k.
Im thinking about getting one. But what about long trips? 2 plus hours? Is that feasible for the bike?

I can't take more than an hour @ 60, too much vibration. Some people switch out the sprocket and take them cross-country though. They usually go for $2-3000 used.

wow, I wish i can find one at that price. I guess around me bikes are a bit more expensive.
Ya i probably go with a bike between 250-300cc. I really would want the extra power to be able to cruise on the highway.

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Cowb0yNeal00]
    #23078779 - 04/03/16 11:20 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Quote:

luvdemboomers said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:

I'm not that familiar with that particular bike but being a 200cc mild mannered 4 stroke it will be pretty gutless and I doubt it will like doing highway speeds or long periods of time. That being said I'd imagine it is a pretty bulletproof engine that will run forever if it is anything like the TTR line.

What type of riding do you intend to do? $3500 opens up a lot of options if you are buy used.

mainly into the city, which about 20-30 mins. But also would like to take longer trips 2+ hours.

Weird that the tw 200 goes only 65 mph. People say the honda grom tops out at 70 and thats only 125cc i think.

Are you looking for a dual sport or just a decent commuter bike? BTW top speed is mostly related to gearing though it does have its limits based on power. Even with a top speed of 65 you're not going to want to cruise at that speed because you'll be revving so high. You can always regear it to be at a lower rpm when cruising but doing that you lose accelleration.

If you're not going to be doing any offroading I'd avoid a dual sport, dualsports sacrafice a lot as far as on road comfort/capabilities.

Edited by luvdemboomers (04/03/16 11:23 AM)

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

#23078822 - 04/03/16 11:31 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemboomers said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Quote:

luvdemboomers said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:

Are you looking for a dual sport or just a decent commuter bike? BTW top speed is mostly related to gearing though it does have its limits based on power. Even with a top speed of 65 you're not going to want to cruise at that speed because you'll be revving so high. You can always regear it to be at a lower rpm when cruising but doing that you lose accelleration.

If you're not going to be doing any offroading I'd avoid a dual sport, dualsports sacrafice a lot as far as on road comfort/capabilities.

I would like to a dual sport, about they are bit to expensive for me as of now. So ya probably a decent commuter bike. I like the honda cb 300 f.
Ok, I just heard such good stuff about the dual sports, but I really don't have anywhere off road in mind that I can ride.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Zombi3]
    #23078855 - 04/03/16 11:38 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Zombi3 said:
Honda is quality shit.
Yamaha is quality shit.
Suzuki makes some dope bikes.
Triumph makes some hella dope bikes.

I'm partial to Harley and Triumph for road bikes. Honda and Yamaha for off road bikes. Triumph makes a hell of a good dual sport.

Hearing "quality" and "shit" in the same sentence is so confusing! :wtfsonic:

Honda makes a mean dirt bike Kawasakis too. Never owned a road bike.

And the alternative to "rice rockets" are "crouch rockets" and the proper term "street bikes".

They are very dangerous as they go so damn fast with a lot of low end power (high acceleration).

I would go with a road bike (anything that looks like a Harley). Much easier to ride, safer and more practical.

Street bikes are more agile thou, for those tight swervy roads. But overall, roadsters are better for beginnigers.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
    #23078865 - 04/03/16 11:42 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Quote:

luvdemboomers said:
Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Quote:

luvdemboomers said:

mainly into the city, which about 20-30 mins. But also would like to take longer trips 2  hours.

I would like to a dual sport, about they are bit to expensive for me as of now. So ya probably a decent commuter bike. I like the honda cb 300 f.
Ok, I just heard such good stuff about the dual sports, but I really don't have anywhere off road in mind that I can ride.

I'd just get a road bike then. Yeah the 300 should suit your needs a lot better than a dual sport. You'll have better handling and longer lasting tires as well as gearing and suspension that will be much better suited for road use. I might be a little biased as I just don't really like dual sports. Yeah they will go off and on road but they aren't particuarlly good at either. With offroad tires you're gonna wear them out on teh street and most on/offroad tires probably suck in the dirt. Then you have the added weight when offroad that sucks. I could maybe see the appeal if you live in the desert but here on the east coast a dual sport would be shit for the type of riding there is.

Edited by luvdemboomers (04/03/16 11:46 AM)

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

Loc: Gnarnia
    #23078943 - 04/03/16 12:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've had a zx-6, and a gsxr 750, and I really miss riding.

I thought about getting a supermoto cause I'd have a lower chance of killing myself, but I think I should still wait.

jake, that cbr is sexy man. I never got a chance to ride one, but heard they were really nice.
I was a way bigger fan of my zx6 than the gsxr.

the ninja 250 is a great starter bike for anyone looking to get into it.
70mpg and they run forever. my buddy got so many miles out of his. it was crazy

--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

#23079235 - 04/03/16 01:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, your probably right! safety first! Those dual sports do look a bit sketchy on the highway. Would you say a bike like the cb 300 f, could go on long distance trips like 2  hours? People use as a "commuter bike" but I don't always want to commute. lol.

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Cowb0yNeal00] * 2
    #23079259 - 04/03/16 02:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

This is my bike

900 CC Honda Hornet

I think the 600 CC hornet would make a pretty decent first bike

The mechanical engineer of our sister company in France rides a Transalp everyday. When I visited last week the thing was about to hit a 100.000 km. He claims the only maintenance he does is oil changes and chain lubrication, I tend to belief him :thumbup:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Cowb0yNeal00] * 1
    #23079263 - 04/03/16 02:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Yeah, your probably right! safety first! Those dual sports do look a bit sketchy on the highway. Would you say a bike like the cb 300 f, could go on long distance trips like 2  hours? People use as a "commuter bike" but I don't always want to commute. lol.

I don't have any really experience riding street bikes though, so I'm not completely sure. Based off what I've read the "sport"  are more comftorable than the supersports but less comftorable than cruiser style bikes (like the honda rebel). Maybe someone else can chime in.

Edited by luvdemboomers (04/03/16 02:10 PM)

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #23081982 - 04/04/16 10:39 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think cruiser style motorcycles are beginner friendly at all. Sure they are comfy but apart from looks thats about all they have going for them.

Naked type motorcycles are way better suited for urban riding. More maneuvarable, smaller, lighter, upright sitting position so more overview, less maintenance, the list goes on

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Tripsurfer] * 1
    #23082003 - 04/04/16 10:46 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

the handling on cruisers is just complete crap too.

you don't wanna be a fag do you?

--------------------

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #23082009 - 04/04/16 10:48 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Do you guys lane split often? One of things I love about my scooter is that i lane split so much in the city.
I know it's technically only legal in california, but do they actually enforce it?

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

#23082020 - 04/04/16 10:54 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Nah it's totally legal in CA.

I used to do it every time I rode.

The law states that if there's enough space to make another lane "safely" then it's legal to do so.

If a cop really really wanted to bust your ass, he could give you a ticket for splitting the carpool lane cause you cross one of the double yellows, but that's the safest place to split since you have that gap, so I don't think they ever would.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #23082199 - 04/04/16 11:52 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I used to lane split as it's safer the trusting the car behind you to not ram into your ass from behind, killing you. I don't ride anymore but when I see a motorcyclist at a red light waiting in line with cars instead of lane splitting I'm always like WTF are you doing man that's what bikes are for.

And on the freeway in heavy traffic, fucking forget about it there is no way I'm not splitting lanes. Yeah carpool is safest, and I would never be splitting at 60+ mph in dead stop traffic. 35 or so would give me a chance to break, etc should a dead stopped car pull on front of me.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

Re: Motorcycle Question [Re: ManianFH] * 1
    #23082204 - 04/04/16 11:56 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:

And on the freeway in heavy traffic, fucking forget about it there is no way I'm not splitting lanes. Yeah carpool is safest, and I would never be splitting at 60+ mph in dead stop traffic. 35 or so would give me a chance to break, etc should a dead stopped car pull on front of me.

this is exactly why i didn't buy another bike.

towards the end of my time riding, I was getting off on splitting tight gaps way too fast.

I was splitting a stopped freeway at like 70, minutes before I got hit and totaled my bike. I ended up getting side swiped later at an interchange, but I totally should have died while splitting. it was stupid.

there's times where it's way safer than staying in traffic like you mentioned, and there's times when it's a great way to die also.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder