Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip...
    #2308193 - 02/06/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm hoping this is the right forum for this.

First I want to see if anybody else has experienced fainting qhile on mushrooms.. I'm not sure if its actual fainting, but it goes like this:

You start to feel a little dizzy and a little nausea. Very quickly after this you try to puke but can't, and the dizzyness takes on a new meaning. Your head/mind get so heavy that vision seems to fade to black/white, and if you don't take necessary precautions now you will come to on the floor... This heavyness of the mind(as I like to call it) will roll on and off, getting less intense each cycle, probably every ten minutes...

The first time I experienced this was psilocybin free. I had dranken a six pack of Bells Pale Ale, and was playing UT, taking a lot of oney tokes(real good pot), after the last one I started feeling a bit sick so I went up stairs and tried to puke, the above symptoms started to happen, and I ended up falling onto my kitchen floor and shaking a little, I could only just barely tell what was happening because my senses seemed to only have maybe 10% input. Anyway that time kinda freaked me out since I had never had anything like that happen. The whole feeling went away in about 45 minutes and I went to bed.

The next time I saw this phenomenon occur was in the woods with my two friends with 9 grams of psilocybin between the 3 of us. It was about our peak and we decided to light a couple doobies up. We smoked one or two then were standing around talking. My friend who was on his 3rd or 4th trip altogether, didn't say anything for a few minutes. He was leaning on a fence, then just fell completely over, not collapsed, just right over stiff as a board. It kinda wigged me out a little, at the time I wasn't sure how to process something like this, my other friend I think was a bit confused to, he was telling me, don't worry about its good for him. I paced went over and looked at him, gave him a knudge or two, got up paced, then he started to lift his head up. I got him to sit up and our we told our other friend to run back to the car to get water. I sat and kept reminding my friend to breath, as he was freaking out a bit and getting very tense. He pulled the standard, "I gotta get the fuck outta here" and tried to walk home, but we convince him it was a bad idea, and finally we calmed him down, and everyone had a great trip.

Which brings me to my most recent experience with this. The other night me and Mr. Fainty from the last story were at our buddies house and we each ate about 1.1 grams. Very mild trip, good for sitting around and BSing with drunk people. Anyway everyone leaves except for me and the owner of the house. Me and him come to an accord where I will clean his house and wake him up at 6 in the morning (it was almost 4 and he was hammered), in exchange I would get to eat the rest of the mushrooms, and smoke his pot. This is about 3 hours after the first mushrooms, so I eat the rest a decent stem and cap maybe about 2 grams. I clean the house nicely, and sit down and start watching vegas vacation. Had a couple Sierra Nevada Porters, and about an hour after I ate them, when they were kicking in pretty decent I get the idea to take a couple bongloads. It should be mentioned that I have not smoked any pot for two weeks, system is clean. I pack it up(very nice pot) and take about 3, cashed to bowl.

I'm sitting there and realize I'm gonna get very high. about 5 minutes after I hear my own inner voice talking to me saying, "you are getting fucked up, is this the time you are going to freak out?" At that point I remembered realizing this is what happens when you eat mushrooms with a happy-go-lucky attitude, there is nothing you can do about it. This is when the fainting thing started to happen. I recognized it immediately. Went to the bathroom, no puking, but I knew to take deep slow, even breaths. Then I went to the door so I could get some fresh cold air. At this point I wasn't freaking out but I had lost grip a little, and found myself crawling around on the floor in the living room, then I went back to the door and just breathed. I was telling myself, "hey its just me and you, we can do this, its just a test" and basically after abut 10 minutes I was feeling great and just knelt there and thought about life in general and mushrooms and man and mushroom's evolution together. It was only that 15 minutes or so when things were not looking to good and after that it was a great trip, awesome thoughts, great body buzz...

Anyways, I was wondering if this sounds familiar, it definitely has something to do with smoking pot, as everytime it has happened pot was smoked just prior. Maybe something to do with oxygen. If anyone has any input its very welcomed. And I just want to stress that if this ever happens to anyone, just get some fresh air and remember to breath deep and slow, it will calm you down real fast.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #2308283 - 02/06/04 12:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, that's never happened to me before and i've smoked lot's of bud (good bud) with lot's of shrooms. Sorry i don't have any input, but i had to say something (i'm very confused right now)..........

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Invisiblejetnos
Mr
Loc: England
    #2308419 - 02/06/04 01:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Never happened to me but I guess some people may be more prone to it then others due to genetics and chemical, dietry factors. But I find that breathing deep and slow when lying down on the ground always sorts you out in a variety of situations.

--------------------
Smoke and fly

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #2308528 - 02/06/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

When ever I hear of people blacking out or coming close to it on mushrooms it almost always involves weed.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... [Re: Harbinger]
    #2308825 - 02/06/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

On my last trip, 2 friends and myself split what was at least a half ounce of homegrown shrooms. We couldn't find our scale, so we had to just estimate 3 even piles. I think I definitely got the biggest pile, and it was made up mostly of all the smallest shrooms at the bottom of the bag. This was my 4th trip, and it seemed like all of my other trips to date.

At some point we decided to go to the park and smoke a huge joint. After taking a bunch of large tokes, I lost all touch with reality. I don't remember doing it, but my friends said I was banging my head (lightly) against the picnic bench we were sitting at. I remember hearing a voice speaking clearly in my head, but I couldn't understand what it was saying. My heart was beating very fast, and I thought I was dying for a second. I remembered everything I had read at the shroomery, and I managed to calm myself. I was very confused for what was probably a couple of minutes. As I began to come back to reality, I remember hearing one of my friends ask if I needed help. I said "No man, I was just tripping out." I'm surprised I managed to form a coherent sentence after what just happened.

I didn't even realize what had happened for a few minutes. My other two friends were just talking as if nothing had happened. After a couple of minutes I remembered something wierd happening, and asked what happened. I got really cold and felt like I was freezing to death so we went to my friend's house for a while. During that time I had several OOBEs. After I got home I tripped out for another couple of hours in my bathroom.

This was definitely the most intense experince I've had on drugs. I wasn't at all expecting it either, the first few times I had done shrooms the experience was mellow and pretty laid back. The night turned out alright, and although it was an intense experience, I would say it was positive learning experience. There was some details omitted, but it was getting kinda long and turning into a report itself.

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... [Re: Comfortably_Numb]
    #2308918 - 02/06/04 04:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Im pretty sure Marijuana lowers your blood pressure(why you get the munchies). Plz correct me if im wrong.. but with alot of thc and low blood pressure you might get dizzy light headed.. which is probably why your blacking out like standing up to fast.. My advise is either slow down on pot or have a friend pick you off the ground :smile: :bong:

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2309546 - 02/06/04 07:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This happened to me once when I was laying on the couch for like an hour and got up very quickly..... too quickly - my head started pounding and I totally collapsed

heh it was a pretty high dose and I got my ass up and started to move too fast I think that's what caused it, as whenever I get up slowly and let my blood settle as I'm getting up there's no problem at all - I haven't run into this since.. It sure was spooky :smile:

You're OK

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2309897 - 02/06/04 09:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't have time to read your report, i'm goin out to dinner now. But I have had that exact thing happen to me on two of my trips. The latest time, i passed out and rolled down a hill into a bush, where I was lodged upside down and then awoke with hundreds of twigs poking me. Scary as it sounds, I uncharacteristically took it in stride. It was so amazing.

After dinner i'll read your report and give you a little more info. its encouraging to find someone else who passes out on the come-up.

--------------------

OfflineSYCOdelik
Trippy
Male

Loc: where am i again?
    #2310064 - 02/06/04 10:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

holy shit man thats how Im feelin right fukin now, 1/8 shroomes, 4 tequillas, and 1/4 oz weed. fuk yeah!

--------------------

~Life is one long ride, make it the best ride you can.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2311424 - 02/07/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have never blacked out on shrooms, although I often feel light-headed when I stand up too fast.

I have a friend who faints pretty often. He'll get up to fast and the next thing he knows, he is on the ground. It has never happend to him on mush tho. strange.

Fungushungry: I was under the impression that weed lowered your bloodsugar, thereby making you hungry, and not bloodpressure. Perhaps a search is needed.

p.s. you know how kids will put their head between their legs for a while and then stand up really fast while chocking themselves, to induce fainting.. Has anyone tried this while tripping?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... [Re: Harbinger]
    #2311487 - 02/07/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harbinger said:
When ever I hear of people blacking out or coming close to it on mushrooms it almost always involves weed.

Yeah , especially in the comedown...I remember this time we were smoking in a bong right after the peak of our trip finished, and my friend suddenly has a really blank look on his face. Then he just like yells and falls backward on his head (we were on a bench outside)...After he got up he was very confused , didnt know what was going on.

And this event put me in shock or something (this guy is really important for me) , because 5 minutes later I started entering a really deep state of depersonalization , which for the people affected by it can be like a ?mechanism of defense? after seeing an accident or something very shocking.

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
    #2311503 - 02/07/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i have read stuff about how weed consticts the blood vessels and makes it harder to push blood through, which makes your heart beat fast and actually increase your blood pressure. i think it's low blood sugar (could be wrong though), maybe the mixture of high blood pressure, low blood sugar and shrooms have something to do with it? it's actually something that happens more often then people think. when you start to feel fainty, try eating honey or heavy sugar foods and sittin down.

--------------------

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
    #2312725 - 02/07/04 09:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A few years ago before I had ever tried mushrooms. I bought a bag of mushrooms. One of my friends was looking at the bag pulled out a tiny cap and asked what it would do, I said "probably nothing, lets see" and ate it, it was about the size of a penny nothing much. About 3 hours later we were chilling on the deck on a hot summer day smoking some pot when I started to feel sick. I felt like I was dissasociated from my body and started twitching. I couldn't respond to anyone there and I turned very white. I decided to go inside to sit on the couch I got about two feet before i collapsed because I was so wobbly from loss of muscle controll. I dont even remember this but I looked up at my best friend of like 6 years and said "who's this guy?" After drinking some water wich I half spilled on myself due to twitching I came to and I felt completely normal after about 15 minutes. The others there almost called an ambulance for me. I cant imagine it was the mushrooms that did this to me due to the fact that it was 3 hours later. I have had mush many times since then without incident. Maybey it was the mixing of weed and mushrooms (I have not done this since). I'm not sure if this is the same as what happened to you. But i guess things like this happen to more than just me nutty eh?

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#2320584 - 02/10/04 06:43 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The very firs time I got high I remember hearing a disembodied yell as I blacked out for three or four seconds after a hot box in my bathroom.  Needless to say I was really, really high.  More high than I think I ever have been.  That was a truly great day.  Never blacked out on any other drug though.  Aside from alcohol :wink: But that wasn't blacking out, passing out maybe.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... *DELETED* [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #2320954 - 02/10/04 12:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by salazare

Edited by salazare (02/11/04 04:17 PM)

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
Re: Trip Report - Dealt with fainting/losing grip... [Re: salazare]
    #2321125 - 02/10/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Oh, I should add that in my case, alcohol was involved both times... The first time of course as I drank a sixpack of Bells, which is probably at least 6%...

The second time I really didn't realize till later, but I did drink 4 beers earlier, and maybe a beer right before it happened...

Thin blood anyone? It definitely felt like my brain was not getting the oxygen it deserved... I'm just wondering how stress factors into this..

My buddy that this happened to wasn't drinking, but it was about his 4th trip on mushrooms and he had about 3 grams, we smoked two doobies pretty close together during the peak, and I speculate that he got so fucked up he tensed up and slowed his breathing close to stand still, which I believe will aggravate the situation. He had also fainted at a Godsmack concert(smokey, hot, weed, booze.) Maybe me and him share similar genetics..?.?...

Just remember, passing out on shrooms may seem scary, but it doesn't make you dead, and can give you good visuals. Don't Panic.. Deep slow breaths, not that slow.

Take it easy.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience