Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Loc: Minnesota
Worst song you have listened to tripping?
    #2305034 - 02/05/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had the perfect setup on winamp, a separate playlist just for tripping.. and somehow the requiem for a dream full soundtrack snuck in there. i listened to the dark side of the moon, high as fuck, having great vibes, then when the last song is over, it goes right into that eerie violin.. kinda destroyed some of the vibes.. anyways, whats the worst song you listened to tripping?

note: i love reqiuem soundtrack, just not really for tripping to O_o

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: Time]
    #2305163 - 02/05/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ahahahaaha man, once I was high on something I think smokin weed and a shpongle song that ends scary as fuck (dont remember which I dont really listen to him) was playing and it had some crazy sounds I remember lookin at my room to see if anyone is there and shit... it was fucked up.

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2305504 - 02/05/04 02:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We were all bouncy happily along to a pretty light time.

Then someone put in "Green Hell" by Metallica.
We all were very unhappy very quickly.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineB_Henry_Hastur
fifth and mostformidable
Loc: 91571482014
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: valour]
    #2305806 - 02/05/04 03:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Tripping alone, listening to Lateralus, the very last bit of sound on the album (static rising, S.O.S. type message) after forgetting any CD was on...

Relatively frightening :lipsrsealed:

--------------------
"If all are One," the fifth Illuminatus added significantly, "all violence is masochism."
"If all are One," Brother Otto replied nastily, "all sex is masturbation..."

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2305826 - 02/05/04 03:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

this ones easy, my friend singing some rap song, and part dissing me while doing it.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2306261 - 02/05/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wasn't actually tripping for this one, I was kinda the sitter I guess. But we were all in my car, like 5-6 people all of which were tripping besides me. I decided to switch cds and put in a cool trip cd I had made, but when I put it in it's fucking Shania Twain. I started freaking out kinda, cause it looked exactly like my cd but it wasn't......I had never heard it before and I couldn't figure out how it got in my car. All the trippers started freaking out cause they hated the music, they didn't understand why I was so confused because a cd mysteriously appeared in my car that was identical to one of my cds. I changed it after a minute or two and things went back to going well.....I found out a day or two later my friend brought that cd by accident cause it looked like one of his.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2306442 - 02/05/04 07:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

centrum said:
this ones easy, my friend singing some rap song, and part dissing me while doing it.

LMAO, i would be like dude.. im tripping.. leave me the fuck alone! lol thats too funny :lol:

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
    #2306674 - 02/05/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ween - the stallion, pt.3
i had to jump across the room and turn it off as quickly as possible!!

OfflineAdrenalinX
O_o

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2307415 - 02/06/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

B_Henry_Hastur said:
Tripping alone, listening to Lateralus, the very last bit of sound on the album (static rising, S.O.S. type message) after forgetting any CD was on...

Relatively frightening :lipsrsealed:

:shocked: lol, I know what you're talking about, that could definatly be damaging while tripping.  I haven't had any bad experience from a song yet, death metal to techno.  One time I was playing Radiohead - Karma Police when me and my friend were really baked, and near the end of the song all distorted sounds come in, my friend freaked out, he said it sounded like alien insects eating his brain or something.  :crazy2: :crazy2:

Invisibleshriek

#2308404 - 02/06/04 11:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the worst music ive experienced on a trip was at a marilyn manson concert, i really dont like him and have no idea actually why i endet up there, i was there 10 minutes and left because the whole thing just gave me the wrong vibes

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2308605 - 02/06/04 12:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

One of my friends is really into Shpongle. He has spent countless hours trying to emulate them. Occasionally he'll send me over one of his latest creations to see what I think of it. For he most part, his songs don't even compare to Shpongle, but he has made some pretty interesting music in his efforts.

Anyhow, on one of our recent trips, we were just chilling out in my basement playing video games when we decided it was time to listen to some music. I couldn't find any of my CDs becasue they were still packed away from my recent move. Luckily he had his CDs with him in his car. When he came back in and put a CD in my CD player, I was assuming he was putting in Shpongle. The first song started out something like Shpongle, but I was too engrossed in my trip to notice that it wasn't. I was sitting there, kind of dazed out when an overwhelming feeling of terror came over me. I felt like I was trapped and I was extreamly uncomfortable. I didn't say anything to my friend. He was just standing next to the radio listening to the music. I was trying to work my way through my bad experience. I was searching for the root of the problem. I kept on narrowing in on it, but couldn't pin point it. It was driving me nuts. Then I focused on the song. Whatever it was it was not something I enjoyed but it sounded familar. There was a reoccuring water drum beat and some blurry background noise. Then a voice started chanting... I couldn't make out what the voice was saying. It made me feel more trapped. I started to think that I ingested too many mushrooms. I wasn't sure if I was tripping really hard or if this whole experience was mearly a dream. The song went on and on, seemed like it was endless. I was feeling extreamly cold. I was shivering badly. Then all at once I realized it was the music that was driving me insane. I came to and blurted out "What the hell is this shit! Get it off! Change it now! It's driving me nuts! I feel like I'm trapped!" My friend was quite taken back by my comment. I didn't realize it was his song he was playing. He looked at me a little puzzeled. I asked him who the song was by and he looked at me ever more confused then before. Then he tells me it his song and I instantly recognize that it was and I had listened to it a few times before. I told him I was sorry and that I didn't realize it was his song, I was just totally unprepared for it. I was hoping I didn't hurt his feelings... he told me that I didn't. He didn't really like it either... just was curious to what it sounded like while tripping. He took it out of the CD player and put in Shpongle. I instantly felt relieved. I felt like I could breathe again. I apoligize once again and told him to never play that song again while we were tripping.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #2308989 - 02/06/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

any black metal.....I'm not exactly the biggest fan of it in the first place, but I do like some. I'm not sure how, but a song by Burzum made it on a mix cd I made for tripping one time. When it came on I couldn't figure it out, but instantly recognized that it was something I didn't want to listen to when I heard the demonic screaming. I was sitting on the couch just waiting for the song to pass, but it just seemed to go on and it fucking drove me crazy. I finally got up and changed it. Black metal is just not for tripping.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: Harbinger]
    #2309171 - 02/06/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Emperor is good for tripping.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineTime
Acid Fan
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2309327 - 02/06/04 04:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The question is what's a song that you DIDNT think was good when tripping  :wink:

i agree, black metal is definitely not for tripping, but my co workers think its the greatest.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2309338 - 02/06/04 04:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't mind Black Metal while tripping, but I've pretty much gotten used to it. "The Wanderer" by Emperor was a pretty good song tripping, along with Bathory's more symphonic-like Black Metal songs, but I can see how some Burzum, notably Feeble Screams from Forests Unknown and A Lost Sad Forgotten Spirit, might be not be the best songs for a powerful trip.

I really hate shitty pop music while tripping. Even hearing Britney Spears or N Sync in the background far far away definitely takes away something from the trip. It doesn't make the trip bad, but it makes the quality seem lower and more commercialized, a reflection of the music.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: Ravus]
    #2309433 - 02/06/04 05:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

50 cent.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2309961 - 02/06/04 07:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
I wasn't actually tripping for this one, I was kinda the sitter I guess. But we were all in my car, like 5-6 people all of which were tripping besides me. I decided to switch cds and put in a cool trip cd I had made, but when I put it in it's fucking Shania Twain. I started freaking out kinda, cause it looked exactly like my cd but it wasn't......I had never heard it before and I couldn't figure out how it got in my car. All the trippers started freaking out cause they hated the music, they didn't understand why I was so confused because a cd mysteriously appeared in my car that was identical to one of my cds. I changed it after a minute or two and things went back to going well.....I found out a day or two later my friend brought that cd by accident cause it looked like one of his.

LOL!

Offlinewert
unicellular

Loc: ohio US
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: chodamunky]
    #2309999 - 02/06/04 08:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

And the gods made love- Jimi Hendrix It sounds like a brain frying. luckily its short

--------------------
Choice:? The capabilities of the human mind should not be limited.? So long as people do not directly harm others, governments should not criminally prohibit cognitive enhancement or the experience of any mental state.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: wert]
    #2310500 - 02/07/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Pop music is shit to trip to. Harsh black metal is shit to, but I don't like that kind of black metal to begin with. "Emperor plays sophisticated black metal art exclusively!" I'm listening to 'Prometheus: the discipline of fire and demise' right now in fact :smile:.

--------------------
Light & Music

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Worst song you have listened to tripping? [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2311949 - 02/07/04 02:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was listening to NIN - The Downward Spiral last night, can't imagine my self listening to this awesome album tripping though, way too sad, angry, and depressing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract