Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
No Canadian teams are making the NHL playoffs this year...
    #23068595 - 03/31/16 07:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I gotta say, I've never heard such little chatter about hockey lately. None at work, none from my friends, none from the sports channels either...

A year to forget in terms of hockey. The NHL will bleed money this year. It's getting "soccer" attention...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: No Canadian teams are making the NHL playoffs this year... [Re: Patlal]
    #23068985 - 03/31/16 08:51 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

As the NHL moves to go mainstream by discouraging fighting and abolishing enforcers I don't think they're going to appeal to a new fan base. They're just going to alienate old school fans.

What they really REALLY really really need to do is make the ice bigger like the international game. The NHL is too fucking cramped. It's annoying. It's a blast live but doesn't translate for shit to TV.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: No Canadian teams are making the NHL playoffs this year... [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #23070128 - 04/01/16 06:15 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Rumor is that while the expansion team is going to Vegas, Carolina is having talks with the people in Quebec City. Carolina has trouble filling half their seats.

I have always thought that Montreal or Toronto could easily support 2 teams. The original genesis of the NHL had 3 teams in Montreal. The barrier would be the opposition of the established teams.

It's another issue entirely why Canadian teams don't win. It's either bad management/owner ship, or the weakness of the Canadian dollar, and I lean toward the former. Bad teams in either country keep getting the draft picks and they haven't been getting better. IDK for sure though; the 3 or 4 teams in Canada that were competitive have all got worse.

FakeSunRa, I'm not sure if you would like the bigger ice. It does make for more skating and scoring. But you seem to like the rough stuff in contact sports. Small ice makes for more hitting.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: No Canadian teams are making the NHL playoffs this year... [Re: Patlal]
    #23070671 - 04/01/16 10:10 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

My buddies and I are chirping each other everytime they person's team wins a game. Van was a good streak of losing, but if you wanna draft high, you gotta dump hard.

I started watching the NBA. Raps are having a pretty good year and will drive into the playoffs at least.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
Re: No Canadian teams are making the NHL playoffs this year... [Re: Brian Jones]
    #23072122 - 04/01/16 04:38 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FakeSunRa, I'm not sure if you would like the bigger ice. It does make for more skating and scoring. But you seem to like the rough stuff in contact sports. Small ice makes for more hitting.

A smaller space is going to cause more collisions so that's a good point but it doesn't translate to TV because it's hard to keep track of what's going on.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1