Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
How to be a good trip sitter.
    #2304071 - 02/05/04 08:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Would anyone here like to explain to me and everyone else what kind of person would make a good trip sitter? Like what qualites should they have, and how should they act when they are trip sitting ect. For me, I think it's best that the sitter has previously used the drug, but sometimes that's not always possible, so I think it would only help to explain to your trip sitter what shrooms are all about, and what you will be like when you are on them. Can anyone else come up with more? Thanks for any input.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineB_Henry_Hastur
fifth and mostformidable
Loc: 91571482014
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: Dank420]
    #2304359 - 02/05/04 10:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

An appropriate question, if you ask me :thumbup:

I would say my ideal trip-sitter would have:

-Infinite patience :tongue: (trippers can be quite a handfull)
-a Calm demeanor (I doubt it'd be positive for the sitter to be more tense than the tripper; a jittery person can be quite a buzz kill, and the tripper might have to expend lots of energy getting rid of the "freak-out" atmosphere)
-Knowledge of where the experience might take you (and knowledge of how a tripper might want to be interacted with/or not, if the situation calls)
-a Helpful and Collaborative mood (a person who won't take the semantics of a conversation in an aggressive point of view; someone who's comfortable inside and out)

There're lots of qualities that make/break a "good" sitter, but those are my choices.

Have fun :nut:

--------------------
"If all are One," the fifth Illuminatus added significantly, "all violence is masochism."
"If all are One," Brother Otto replied nastily, "all sex is masturbation..."

OfflineDank420
Shrooms...Mmm

Loc: 'burbs of philly
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2304383 - 02/05/04 10:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks man, I've had my hand full of trips, but I just made this post for my friend who will be trip sitting for me and another friend. Good points, keep em coming guys.

--------------------
"I tried marijuana once. I did not inhale." -William Clinton.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#2305173 - 02/05/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

he should know how to eat pussy like rice :laugh: - if its girl that trips.LOL

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2305222 - 02/05/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: gnrm23]
    #2305250 - 02/05/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

& of course, suggestion abound at various websites...
and in the literature of the past 50 years ---> grof, leary et al., masters & houston, quite a few others...
~
heh, & do check out the trip scene (& discussion of psychedelics in pala society) in huxley's most excellent final novel _island_

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2305262 - 02/05/04 01:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

When I trip-sit I just bring a few books and read quietly (If lights are on).

If the tripper starts talking to me, I usually don't have too much to say because I don't want to influence the directions their mind is going in.

If lights are off and I'm getting bored, I chill anyway and maybe grab a small QUIET snack.

If the tripper is somebody who likes to be tripped-out, messing with lighting and sound is always nice - make sure they want this though lol don't just start messing with their environment if they didn't want you to....

Also, its good to bring a trippy object over that the tripper hasn't seen before, in case things get weird - if the tripper starts looking very uncomfortable or extremely confused, you can kind of re-ground them by saying "hey check out this 'thing' I brought over for you" and hand them the trip-toy (trippy art books, things with weird textures on them, just strange devices or trinkets, or strange little kiddy toys..).

DON'T FORGET SHPONGLE (I have to mention this everywhere I go). If they're getting freaked out or uncomfortable, put in the Shpongle and tell them its a special CD from this English fellow who made it JUST FOR YOU FOR THIS EXACT MOMENT.

Aside from that...... know when to leave and when not to - If it looks like they've basically come down and are just waiting to go to sleep and will be safe the rest of the evening, and are looking at you a lot and sighing or looking uncomfortable with you "STILL" being there, then ask them peacefully if they're going to be up for a while or are going to crash out soon..

If it seems like they want you to leave but you're not sure if they'll be OK, ask them peacefully if they are going to crash out soon or if they're going to be up with you for a while because you were thinking about laying down (meaning: I'm not going anywhere yet!).

Don't bother them with lame questions and comments "are you tripping man? are you tripping? does this look weird? does that look weird? does this feel weird? does that feel weird? what is that?"

I usually won't speak much unless they're talking to me or it looks like they want to talk, and if I speak near the peak its just something like "mushroom!" to see what kind of vibe I get back from them (to see how they're doing..)

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2305379 - 02/05/04 02:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tell them its a special CD from this English fellow who made it JUST FOR YOU FOR THIS EXACT MOMENT.

Hahah, I love you Strump.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: T0aD]
    #2305419 - 02/05/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

T0aD said:
he should know how to eat pussy like rice :laugh: - if its girl that trips.LOL

LMFAO  :crazy2:  :lol:

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: Requiem]
    #2305585 - 02/05/04 02:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2306184 - 02/05/04 05:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think a good trip sitter is someone who thinks just like you do. That way they understand what your words and actions mean, and how to react to them.

I like to see sitters who are quite a bit bigger and stronger than the tripper. That way they can physically control the situation if it becomes necessary. Also, the tripper has this subconcious modesty and feels like a higher power is watching over them during their trip. But like all things, this can flip, especially if their personality is strongly against predominance.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineLooksLikeRain
Hood

Loc: NE
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2306847 - 02/05/04 09:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I want to trip with you Strumpling. :-)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: LooksLikeRain]
    #2307562 - 02/06/04 02:19 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hehe well tripping WITH me is a different story :wink:

If I'm sitting, I'm sober.

If I'm tripping with somebody, I'm "Tripping Strumpling," a seemingly different creature altogether at times :smile: although not nearly as annoying as most of the trippers I know personally :laugh:

but yeah I'm down for tripping with most people as long as they're generally "calm."

I don't enjoy tripping with restless people, although I'd sit them most likely

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineamenra
Rookie!
Male

Loc: In the Clouds
Re: How to be a good trip sitter. [Re: Strumpling]
    #5092354 - 12/22/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

We always have a morman do it they pwn at sitting they are such caring ppl

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5092609 - 12/22/05 04:16 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ideally, the sitter should be very experienced with psychedelics, and someone the tripper knows very well. the simple fact that someone is very experienced with psychedelics will often mean that they have most of the other qualities you want in a sitter.

the most important thing is not getting in the way of the tripper. let the tripper dictate what happens, be it music, lighting, conversation or whatever. talk to them when they want to talk, but if they're just sitting there staring at the wall, don't interrupt them. one of the worst things you can do is keep asking them if they're ok.

basically you are there to answer questions and explain the psychedelic experience if necessary, to converse with the tripper when he/she wants to, and to help out if things go sour. and perhaps most importantly, listen. listening is way more important than anything else when sitting.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom