Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: Nifflerz]
    #23048110 - 03/26/16 01:14 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
By the way I always thought the coolest movie smoker was John McClane (Die Hard)

who's with me

Snake plissken from escape from ny and la. Hands down. Biggest badass in film of all time as well.

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #23048125 - 03/26/16 01:19 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
did you ever stop to think that the ban on smoking doesn't include vaping?

Did you read about this on reddit as well?:lol:

nope but thanks for hammering home the point that i'm not some unique snowflake over here :frown:  good morning to you too

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #23048179 - 03/26/16 01:41 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
did you ever stop to think that the ban on smoking doesn't include vaping?

Did you read about this on reddit as well?:lol:

nope but thanks for hammering home the point that i'm not some unique snowflake over here :frown:  good morning to you too

:hug: don't take it personal.:lol:

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#23048199 - 03/26/16 01:48 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

sanchothestoner said:
i don't see what the big deal is.  they're not including smoking in their movies anymore... ok.  who cares? i feel they have a valid reason :shrug:

That not putting smoking in a cartoon kids won't grow up to smoke themselves? If this is the case then where's the kids butchering dalmatians for coats if the were emulating cruella de'ville's actions.

I sure as hell know that when i first started smoking "101 Dalmatians"," Pinocchio" and the crows from dumbo were as far from my mimd as possible at that time.

There is no logic behind this line of thought whatsoever. The only reason it's so stupid is the implications it has on first amendment rights when it comes to producing kids cartoons and such.

Slaughtering dogs for their fur isn't a social activity that leads to addiction. The two are incomparable.

If you can't piece together how a child watching cartoons over and over again just might lead to a lifelong subconscious impression on certain things deemed acceptable and normal, you're delusional.

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: PatrickKn]
    #23048219 - 03/26/16 01:53 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

sanchothestoner said:
i don't see what the big deal is.  they're not including smoking in their movies anymore... ok.  who cares? i feel they have a valid reason :shrug:

That not putting smoking in a cartoon kids won't grow up to smoke themselves? If this is the case then where's the kids butchering dalmatians for coats if the were emulating cruella de'ville's actions.

I sure as hell know that when i first started smoking "101 Dalmatians"," Pinocchio" and the crows from dumbo were as far from my mimd as possible at that time.

There is no logic behind this line of thought whatsoever. The only reason it's so stupid is the implications it has on first amendment rights when it comes to producing kids cartoons and such.

Slaughtering dogs for their fur isn't a social activity that leads to addiction. The two are incomparable.

If you can't piece together how a child watching cartoons over and over again just might lead to a lifelong subconscious impression on certain things deemed acceptable and normal, you're delusional.

Idk, maybe i just wouldn't let my kids learn life lessons from cartoons? Not only that, but i have yet to hear a kid say "i smoked because the wacky cartoon guy did".

It makes no sense is illogical, and will not accomplish a fucking thing.

If you really want to discourage smoking to kids, how about not making the anti smokimg ads on tv so fucking unbearable? Seriously the "left swipe dat" campaign made non smokers look fucking retarded. Then you got this new ad showing people smoking a hookah partying it up, and having a good time followed by a card that says "hookah's are smoking too, don't do it".

:rofl: Like seriously, i know tobacco companies have to dump money into these ads, but unless they have laws that prevent them from choosing what content is shown I'm convinced anti smoking campaigns are designed as reverse psychology to turn people onto smoking.

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #23048236 - 03/26/16 01:58 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
By the way I always thought the coolest movie smoker was John McClane (Die Hard)

who's with me

Snake plissken from escape from ny and la. Hands down. Biggest badass in film of all time as well.

:notlikely:

John McClane would fuck that dude up

And then drop a dope ass one liner right before dropping his ass off a 55 story building

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #23048267 - 03/26/16 02:03 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

sanchothestoner said:

disney is mostly targeting younger audiences, so to take smoking out of their movies is their way of trying to help the smoking problem.  they went back and edited their movies and took out the racism,  even though disney may be this big ass corporation, it doesn't mean that they don't care for their demographic.

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#23048270 - 03/26/16 02:04 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

The way you prevent kids from learning life lessons from a cartoon is by removing the cartoon from their experience. Otherwise they're learning life lessons from it subconsciously regardless of your wishes for their feeble child minds.

No kid says they smoke from a cartoon, because it's pretty much the most subconscious reinforcement that went into smoking. There are bigger factors that we tend to focus on when creating the narrative for why we do things.

People smoke because there is a culture of smoking, and these cartoon makers made a decision to remove their products from that equation in a way far less polarizing than the anti-smoking ads you are saying might be counter effective.

In this case, how can anyone possibly disagree with such a move? The only other point of view opposite of this is to keep tobacco in movies targeted towards children and teens, which makes for a resoundingly stupid argument.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #23048290 - 03/26/16 02:10 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Just ban all Disney movies and close the theme parks and quit selling kids all their twisted animations and subliminal advertising.  Fucking Disney is evil, Walt was full on free mason and a real dick too.  Find someone who loved his second hand smoke and bossy ways. You won't.  He was a dick.  Current management is retarded as well and thinks ESPN is still a good investment.  They are dicks too.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #23048317 - 03/26/16 02:17 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

I get it as far as kids movies, like real kids movies adults wouldn't watch, but still

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: Ezuma]
    #23048323 - 03/26/16 02:19 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:
I get it as far as kids movies, like real kids movies adults wouldn't watch, but still

Yet, these Disney fucks have no problem animating in chemtrails to brainwash the kids to thinking they are real clouds.  No fucking problem with that one.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: Ezuma]
    #23048331 - 03/26/16 02:21 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:

Why limit it to movies only a child would watch? There no reason to have tobacco in movies that a kid and an adult would watch either.

Keep it to the movies outside this range. There is nothing a cigarette adds to a movie targeted at young audiences that can't be taken in a different direction.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
    #23048333 - 03/26/16 02:22 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Those Disney shows they air are such prolific trash.

My nieces are always watching that whack shit when I see them.

:suicide:

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #23048354 - 03/26/16 02:26 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/disney/11473326/Disney-bans-smoking-in-films.html

Posting from phone so i can't post full article. But i guess disney thinks that banning all fictional characters from smoking will prevent all the kids from smoking as well. They will allow it if say a movie stars a real historical figure with evidence that they smoke, but scenes involving fictional characters smoking will no longer be allowed.

This type of shit makes me sick personally. Don't forget disney owns idk how many other production companies that will be effected by this. So no death sticks in star wars, no smoking in marvel films etc.

Discuss cancerly.

how many disney films over the last 20 years have featured people smoking and
will they go back and edit the smoking out of al of their old films

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #23048372 - 03/26/16 02:31 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Quote:

Ezuma said:

Why limit it to movies only a child would watch? There no reason to have tobacco in movies that a kid and an adult would watch either.

Keep it to the movies outside this range. There is nothing a cigarette adds to a movie targeted at young audiences that can't be taken in a different direction.

Cigarettes are a fact of life though, and certainly history. I'm not happy about misrepresenting things through fiction in general. It makes sense perhaps for younger kids, but at a certain point people need to have a sense fo the real world, a complex place with bigotry and rape and shitty people just as much as anything positive

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #23048534 - 03/26/16 03:28 PM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

Ezuma said:

Yet, these Disney fucks have no problem animating in chemtrails to brainwash the kids to thinking they are real clouds.  No fucking problem with that one.

Thank you, please don't call them chemtrails though as that only contributes to us being called tinfoil hat people.  Geoengineering is what it's called and that term will yeild people many more credible research papers in an internet search. 

I don't see how cutting smoking from film will help anything.  Infulence in movies had no affect on me trying anything as a youngster, as well as most of the people I've ever known.  It was usually people not talking about a substnace and considering it taboo that made me want to experience it for myself at some point.

--------------------

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #23049305 - 03/26/16 07:27 PM (8 years, 3 days ago)

Tobacco built America.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

#23050248 - 03/27/16 01:39 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

who's with me

John mcclane climbs in car to drive to flagpole to meet snake for the scheduled fight planned after school. Out of nowhere he crashes, he doesn't realize he'd been tranquilized before he climbed in the car. He veers off the road and dies an anti climatic death.

Nobody fights snake. They just drop dead and never have a chance to see him.

Beats anyone, anytime.

I actually think these two would make the greatest vs. movie in cinematic history.

It would be a lot better than that bat v super trash i hear about.

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

Edited by LuSiD enthusiast (03/27/16 01:40 AM)

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Disney to ban smoking in all movies [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23050259 - 03/27/16 01:51 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/disney/11473326/Disney-bans-smoking-in-films.html

Posting from phone so i can't post full article. But i guess disney thinks that banning all fictional characters from smoking will prevent all the kids from smoking as well. They will allow it if say a movie stars a real historical figure with evidence that they smoke, but scenes involving fictional characters smoking will no longer be allowed.

This type of shit makes me sick personally. Don't forget disney owns idk how many other production companies that will be effected by this. So no death sticks in star wars, no smoking in marvel films etc.

Discuss cancerly.

how many disney films over the last 20 years have featured people smoking and
will they go back and edit the smoking out of al of their old films

See i have no problem with the lack of smoking they've had recently, if it.doesn't happen in a movie whatever. My problem is i wonder if the next blu ray special release will have it "lucas'd" out. And when they do a new Pinocchio or 101 Dalmatians movie, will they completely change the appearance of the characters?

Cruella de'villes crazed glare just stood out to me so much more when she was going batshit on her hunter pipe(hunter s thompson cig holder:lol:) and pinnochio smoking more or less highlighted that smoking is a bad life choice. He traded being human for cheap thrills like getting drunk, smoking and gambling.

I don't honestly know if any of these examples really glamorize smoking, i guess the dad in 101 smoked, but i remember how.stressed he was in my kid.mind if anything it appeared as though that was making him stressed out.

Idk, i don't have a problem with them NOT having smoking moving forward, but them.making this whole.thing out of it just seems stupid to me. Just let smoking die and the kids who will do it are gonna do it regardless of anti smoke campaigns, what mommy and daddy tell them, and what the police officer in class tells them. People do what they want and that's the end of it.

--------------------

In erowid we trust.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #23050336 - 03/27/16 03:00 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD enthusiast said:
Posting from phone so i can't post full article. But i guess disney thinks that banning all fictional characters from smoking will prevent all the kids from smoking as well.

Nah, it's probably just cause Disney is sick of hearing parent complaints, and is trying to reduce them

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds