Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Got in a car wreck
    #2298312 - 02/03/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Saturday I went to the tire store to get the rear tires on my moms car replaces because they were getting bare. She was planning on selling the car, and I wanted her to have nice new tires to help sell it. I got to the tire shop and the rims needed a special key in order to get the wheel off. I didnt have this key, so I left.

That night it was raining, and my girlfriend and I decided to go to dinner at the olive garden. I knew better, but I didnt think shit would happen.

I ended up losing traction on the interstate, spinning out, crashing into the barrier wall on both sides of the road, across 3 lanes, then smacking into a van. My girlfriend was with me durring this, luckily neither of us, and no one from the van were hurt.

I was so upset, thinking I put my girlfriends life at risk like that. I dunno.

Now the car is not totalled. If it were totalled, my mom would get a check for the amount the car is worth ($1,000 more than she was selling for) but instead they want to repair it wich is going to kill its value. $8,000 in damage.

I have to pay a $500 deductible, and need to buy a new car. I found a beater for $1200 and checked my insurance...$850 a month.

I guess its not that bad, I am alive, girlfriend is alive.

I just hate being broke, this is gonna be tough to work through. I had to rollerblade 10 miles last night to see my girlfriend, wake up at 4.30am to leave and be home by 5.30. Started work at 6, got off at 6pm. I dunno. I wish I could say I had it bad, but I even with all my problems i have the easy life.

It just gets fucking insane sometimes, and no one gives a shit.

My girlfriend doesnt drive, and i am now stuck. I am not going to be able to see her for 5 days, wich is insane considering ive been living at her house for the last 3 months

im so pathetic ;[ kill me now.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: tak]
    #2298329 - 02/03/04 05:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My mom is a surveyor. She told me that since my accident was in a detour on the freeway in a construction zone, that it may not be my fault. They often do not finish the road to grade for temporary detours, and they know that. This happening can cause flat spots on the road, allowing water to stand there, causing someone to hydroplane in extreme weather.

She also said that people sue her company all the time for shit like that, and they settle pretty quick with a decent sized check. Cheaper than court.

While this sounds pretty nice and tastey, it kinda goes against my style. I generally hate sue happy people. But getting a check from a corporate giant for something that may be thier fault doesnt seem too bad to me right now, being in debt and all. I am not sure where i stand with the morality of this.

--------------------

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #2298503 - 02/03/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea, i would sue becuse it actually IS thier fault, and you and your girl could have died...

OfflineGolem
Dirt Monster
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: domite]
    #2299229 - 02/03/04 11:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"insurance...$850 a month. "
That's alot !!!

--------------------
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: Golem]
    #2299588 - 02/04/04 03:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hell yeah it is. alot more than i got.

--------------------

Invisiblepops
Stranger

#2301885 - 02/04/04 05:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

let me tell you something...in my life, car problemes have been a #1 source of aggro and pain ever since I've been old enough to have a license. when I am driving usually my life is bad and when I'm not, I ride my bicycle and usually during that time my life is good.
if you are not driving you are going to save yourself lots of money from insurance (and gas and oil changes and all the other expenses that add up).
if you are not driving you are not adding poison to the planet's atmosphere, that's something worth being proud of even if it's not your choice.
if you are not driving and you rollerblade or bike or whatever to get around you are going to become leaner and healthier.
if you are not driving you also don't have to worry about being pulled over by some pig who needs to meet his ticket quota.
just want you to consider the plus side of the whole not driving thing.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2301940 - 02/04/04 05:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you can rape the corporation, even a little bit.... do it!

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: Shroomism]
    #2301956 - 02/04/04 05:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Raping the corporations has inflated the cost of most everything by about 30 percent. In the end you rape yourself for short term benefit. Something to think about.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: pops]
    #2301999 - 02/04/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

pops I understand where you are coming from but I have had the exact opposite experience. In my life not having a car were the absolute worst pit of despair times and the licensed and driving ones are the better. In this society you are a dependent without a car, and bumming rides all the time sucks a lot. Not all of us are able to walk or bike to work and everywhere we need to go to get things done. I even live in the dc area which has buses everywhere and a metro and the times without a car still put a MAJOR damper on my life. Granted, I learned a lot during those times, and it probably happened for a reason, but it still sucked a lot of ass.

yeah, it's a pain in the ass when the car breaks down and keeping it maintained, cars are expensive, insurance and taxes and gas and all that shit drains your pocket, but the pros far outweigh the cons, depending on your situation. When you work in different places within 50 miles from your house, and your girlfriend of four years lives across the river 25 miles away in another state, and your band practices three times a week in the next town, not having a car becomes a REAL pain in the ass. Some people completely rely on a car to function in society, and without it, we are literally stranded and completely dependent to others for transportation. Some side effects may be losing your job, having major relationship problems, barely being able to scrape by, hungy a lot, etc, etc.

Sure it's a double-edged sword, and I agree that cars pollute and we need to create a better technology that is free clean energy. But tranportation in modern western civilization is essential if you want to "be a member of society", if I walked or rode a bike wherever I needed to go, there would be no time to do anything but walk or ride a bike.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2302038 - 02/04/04 06:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd said:
Quote:

Raping the corporations has inflated the cost of most everything by about 30 percent. In the end you rape yourself for short term benefit. Something to think about.

I fail to see how raping the corporations singlehandedly accounts for all of inflation in the economy. What about wars, imports, exports, and government wasting? Or how about global political domination.. that doesn't have anything to do with it? Think of it in terms of karma. The corporation stands for greed, power and abundant wealth in many cases. (not all corporations mind you, but a good chunk of them) If the little guy can get some retribution from years of rape from an evil empire, then he should.

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Got in a car wreck [Re: Shroomism]
    #2303592 - 02/05/04 01:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Insurance

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

#2306579 - 02/05/04 07:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

glad you're ok, car wrecks are scary!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order