Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineganked
Shrooomer
Boiling Shrooms...
    #2303117 - 02/05/04 01:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys.... i was just wondering if i can boil my shrooms, either when they are wet or dry.... Ive heard you can, and it can clean them a bit if they are really old... or does this distroy the phyc... thx so much guys! Youve been such a big help here!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: Boiling Shrooms... [Re: ganked]
    #2303124 - 02/05/04 01:19 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeh this is a bad idea.
psilocybin is water soluble and breaks down in heat.
so no don't do it.

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlineganked
Shrooomer
Re: Boiling Shrooms... [Re: muse_sick]
    #2303130 - 02/05/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So would it make psilocybin tea? or just ruin everything? would they just be less potent... or just gone to shit....? thx for quick replys

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
    #2303147 - 02/05/04 01:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

oh srry i thought you were talking about using this as a method to clean the shrooms you were going to eat...
yeh you can make tea this way if you want...although i'm sure you do lose some potency. If yr looking for a way to ingest the shrooms w/o tasting them, think about grinding them up and putting em in gel caps...
or making chocolates/cookies...
in summary--boiling=bad method to prepare shrooms for eatin', good one to prepare tea.
(from nansnook.com)
Mushroom Tea
Take the fresh mushrooms (6-7 per person depending on size of caps) and cut the caps and stems into very small pieces. Place mushroom pieces into medium sized pot 3/4 filled with water. Boil the water along with the mushrooms. Boil for ten minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 more minutes. Strain mushrooms with a coffee filter, or paper towel. At this point, if you truly desire tea, a mint flavored version works well. Otherwise, kool-aid is an option. Grape kool-aid mixed stronger than usual will definitely cover the taste. Serve with ice to chill the kool-aid to the desired temperature.
----
i haven't tried this before, but i've heard many say it works well...

--------------------

Offlineganked
Shrooomer
    #2303159 - 02/05/04 01:29 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well personaly i dont mind the taste of shroomies.... its just i have some that im not perfectly sure if they are clean... so i would rather just like make a tea out of it, enjoy it even more, and know im gonna be safe and not trip hard core and think im going to die.. lol you know?

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
    #2303174 - 02/05/04 01:33 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well, they grow from out of the ground, so they're not gonna get really clean...
and if you make a tea from water they've been boiling in, i'm sure you'd get some flakes of dirt/verm/dung/whatever
as far as dying, though, you don't have to worry...you can't overdose on our buddies to the point of death...
there's a lot of good recipes out there for these guys...but yeh make up a tea if you want...let us know what yr recipe was and how effective it was...
i hope i answered all yr ?s...
now have fun! :mushroom2: :rocket: :crazy2:

--------------------

Offlineganked
Shrooomer
    #2303212 - 02/05/04 01:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

lol not dying from shrooms... dying from tripping thinking they are contamed or something having a bad tripp... i was kinda half joking though... not worried about dirt... just bacteria and shit :-/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Gel Caps, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation