Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegarbage

Innovations: Drug testing your desk
    #2303044 - 02/05/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

The Week, Volume 4, Issue 142, February 6, 2004

A new drug test allows employers to secretly screen their employees, says The Wall Street Journal. The device-a narrow plastic tool that looks like a home pregnancy test-collects minute amounts of drugs secreted by the skin from phones, keyboards, doorknobs, and other surfaces. It can pick up traces of marijuana, opiates, amphetamines, and cocaine. Created by Securetec Contraband Detection & Identification Inc., of Williamsport, Pa., the test is already widely used by law-enforcement agencies, but now it's becoming increasingly popular at small companies. Unlike urine tests, the drug swipe isn't usually used to pinpoint a single employee, but rather to establish the general presence of drugs in an office. Still, critics have raised privacy concerns, says Ron Rutherford of Interlisource Inc., a drug-testing company in Cincinnati. "Some of them view it as being kind of sneaky."

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
Doesn't need no stinkin' badge.

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Innovations: Drug testing your desk [Re: garbage]
    #2303068 - 02/05/04 01:03 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Geeze! Just when I think the "War on Drugs' hysteria couldn't get worse....it does. :frown: :shake:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2303799 - 02/05/04 06:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

and i thought we were dropping MOABs on the taliban.. but rather we seem to be entertaining them in PA...unless..of course..were bombing the taliban because their just too damn liberal...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #2303815 - 02/05/04 06:57 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ah ha.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2306003 - 02/05/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

garbage said: The Week, Volume 4, Issue 142, February 6, 2004

A new drug test allows employers to secretly screen their employees, says The Wall Street Journal. The device-a narrow plastic tool that looks like a home pregnancy test-collects minute amounts of drugs secreted by the skin from phones, keyboards, doorknobs, and other surfaces. It can pick up traces of marijuana, opiates, amphetamines, and cocaine. Created by Securetec Contraband Detection & Identification Inc., of Williamsport, Pa., the test is already widely used by law-enforcement agencies, but now it's becoming increasingly popular at small companies. Unlike urine tests, the drug swipe isn't usually used to pinpoint a single employee, but rather to establish the general presence of drugs in an office. Still, critics have raised privacy concerns, says Ron Rutherford of Interlisource Inc., a drug-testing company in Cincinnati. "Some of them view it as being kind of sneaky."

I am against most drug testing, but if someone is stupid enough to cut out lines on their desk, they are probably not smart enough to be working for any company.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion