Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2300243 - 02/04/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nothing happens when you die, you become non-existant, your energy and matter get broken down into the soil and become different things through time, you mind....which is all that makes "you" ceases to exist.

After many trips i came to basically that conclusion which sadened me for a while.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: baraka]
    #2300264 - 02/04/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

After many trips i came to basically that conclusion...

same here... except to me, this was liberating.

Anonymous

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: John]
    #2300331 - 02/04/04 11:08 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

for those of us that have had these experiences, know this is as simple as it gets, religion is mass confusion.  www.near-death.com and www.iands.org have a look.  :thumbup:

and for those of you that shroomed and felt like there is no purpose, you didnt let go of your egos, that is the whole point in shrooming!!(this is just my opinion...of course :wink: )

havent you taken 5g or a quarter and left your body?  read level 5 description... MERGING WITH SPACE; satori enlightenment,  :grin: too fucking cool, dont be scarrrrred  :shocked:  :tongue:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2301293 - 02/04/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

What happens when you die?

The same thing that happened before you were born....

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Spokesman]
    #2301794 - 02/04/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow that is really a great answer. I'll have to use that one next time someone asks that.

And yes i agree that there is an infinite nothingness but of course you cant experience it so its hard to describe.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2301795 - 02/04/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What's keeping you from finding out yourself? :evil:

jk. Seriously, dude put the knife down. Damnit.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineInfinity
Stranger
    #2302248 - 02/04/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In order to answer this question one has to consider what one's identity is right now, as one is alive. I'm currently under the impression that we are not the physical body, the name we give ourselves, our ego, or what we "think" we are. Instead our true identity might be that singularity in time, the infinite NOW, that is everywhere/everything/everyone. It is indestructible. I mean I very well could be wrong about this, but to me it kind of makes sense.

One also has to take into the account the possibility that "the past" is infinite. In other words, the possibility that there was no beginning to our "experience." If it is true that there was no beginning, then all of us, and every other living thing is basically "unborn"... Sure we had a birth in the conventional sense, but the series of "events" leading up to our birth can, conceivably, go all the way back... So if we are unborn, then how can we really die? If we are unborn, then we both 1)can't really exist and 2)never really die. I don't know though, I definitely could be wrong about this.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Spokesman]
    #2302253 - 02/04/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Quote:

Except backwards...

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2302284 - 02/04/04 07:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not sure what happens after you die, but hours before you die you find out that you just won the state lottery...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Swami]
    #2302287 - 02/04/04 07:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

as per murphy's law of physical incarnation

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2302363 - 02/04/04 07:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Spokesman said:
Quote:

Except backwards...

GROSS! There's no fucking way I'm going back inside my mom.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2302492 - 02/04/04 08:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No one Knows for sure...all the time...but many people do experience a momentary grace called 'Assurance.' This is a term used in Christian theology to describe an experience of certainty about one's faith. To have faith is to believe, 'just because,' or as the book BE HERE NOW says:

"You trust the fact that there are Realized Beings...And they said it & therefore you know it to be true...It's not inference any more...It's not an intellectual process...You just accept what they have said...THAT'S FAITH. See: We've gotten so super-sophisticated in our evaluative mechanisms that you question everything you hear. How do you know you're not being hustled? I mean: What was Jesus up to? What's the game man? What's he into?"

BE HERE NOW says further on:

"What you may not understand is: The whole game you have been playing is also based on faith. You have had faith in the rational mind. We are living in a society which is a temple to the rational mind & its products... We still worship our own sense data. It's only when we see the assumptions that we've already been functioning on that we can start to extricate ourselves...You don't seem to understand You Are In Prison. If you are to get out of prison the first thing you must realize is: You Are In Prison. If you think you're free you can't escape."

Now, this take on faith is Also a Gnostic take. It is the same Gnostic take that the writers of 'The Matrix' based their story on. Over the doorway in The Oracle's kitchen was a sign that read 'Temet Gnoses,' which is a Latin version of 'Know Thyself,' or 'Know Self-Control' in the sense of Knowing [Gnosis] how to control one's perception of Reality - including the Reality of one's true Self. The rational mind and the sense data is not the mode of apprehending the Truth. Faith is an 'organ of perception' but it is a Psychospiritual organ, not a physical organ. We all have the capability of employing it, but few know how to trust it so most people struggle on with same old psychophysical equipment. It is like spinning one's tires in the snow, which just digs one into being even more stuck. A completely different strategy could free one, but people are stubborn and stupid about it.

Yoda levitates the space craft from the swamp, and Luke Skywalker exclaims "I don't believe it!," to which Yoda replies without hesitation: ''That is why you fail." We've got the 'Red Pill' in common at the Shroomery, but it is not sufficient by itself.
The 'Red Pill' must be used in conjunction with faith, or one's trip will never leave the psychophysical sphere for the Psychospiritual sphere of Reality that transcends it, and which supplies answers in the form of Assurance. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2302513 - 02/04/04 08:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yoda levitates the space craft from the swamp, and Luke Skywalker exclaims "I don't believe it!," to which Yoda replies without hesitation: ''That is why you fail."

That is a cute quote, but how far do you take it? Did people die when jumping out of the 911 towers, merely because they just didn't believe in levitation or because gravity and the frailty of human flesh are inalterable facts?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2302529 - 02/04/04 08:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, faith 'can move mountains' but it can't provide a soft landing for a falling body...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: What happens when you die? [Re: Evolving]
    #2302534 - 02/04/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Taking the phrase "faith can move mountains" too literally is probably not a good thing :wink:

What it probably is intended to mean is that when you put your mind to it, you can accomplish just about anything (within reason, I'm not talking about breaking the laws of physics or anything) :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #2302646 - 02/04/04 08:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I can imagine comming into divine union with "the truth", she is bright and loving, she draws us in until we come into divine union. It is a moment of enlightenment. Then a force expells us from the expierience and we begin somewhere else. Maybe bad karma forces us out, if we were to carry it into the expierence. Perhaops we could remain forever if we were pure.

I keep remembering bits when im stoned. Or is it all imagination? Anyone else "remember"? It's like a memory from outside of time.

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2302656 - 02/04/04 08:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You miss the point. The modern myth of Star Wars uses the same style as the ancient myths - midrash - colorful, supernatural illustrations of impossible physical events to highlight living, yet invisible, inner spiritual realities. Levitation (e.g., walking on water, Ascension into [1st century concept of] Heaven) in Biblical myth is midrash - colorful stories intended to highlight the spiritual significance of Jesus. The empty-tomb narratives of the Gospels - midrash to illustrate a Spiritual Mystery - yet depicted. I do believe in a Resurrection of the "inner man'' to Eternal Life, but I do not expect a reanimation of my physical corpus. Neither did St. Paul who differentiated between the "natural man" and the "inner" or "spiritual man." I do not believe that the Resurrection will 'look like' anything. It will not be a physically observable event like the midrashic illustrations of the Bible 'describe.' To take midrash as literal, observable, physical-historical event is a heresy - it is Fundamentalism - it is "spiritual materialism" (to use the Buddhist Chogyam Trungpa's term). This is why I speak of faith and gnosis, not reason and senses when apprehending Mysteries of faith. I have no 'idea' or 'image' of what Resurrection is - but I believe in Eternal Life as a definite possibility. Sometimes I 'Know' for sure.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: What happens when you die? [Re: trendal]
    #2302698 - 02/04/04 09:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Or, how about this interpretation: by the time that one is 'given' the faith to move mountains...one has Realized GOD is the ONE who put the mountain there in the first place. There the mountain remains, but one has now ceased to think of oneself as a human ego with grandiose desires...one has Realized one's spiritual Center wherein GOD resides. One's petty desire evaporates in the Face of Reality.
It's about a radical shift in perspective - from the personal to the Transpersonal - from ego to Self - from man's to GOD's.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2302775 - 02/04/04 09:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hehe, i like that, "It's about a radical shift in perspective"

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #2302782 - 02/04/04 09:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you just came up with that one didn't ya :wink:

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale