Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans
    #2293509 - 02/02/04 07:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

How hard is it. I have mastered cubes without a prob and I know you grow Pans about the same way. Is it that much harder and also what should I do differnt when growing pan cyans? Thank you for your help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: fee] * 1
    #2293522 - 02/02/04 07:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I?ve read that?s it?s harder cause mycellium is more sensitive to contams and the environmental conditions need to be very accurate. But you know, I?m where you are right now: reading and learning

Take a look here: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23954

And gook luck my man.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Semilanceata]
    #2293629 - 02/02/04 08:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im in the same place.....cool thread.

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: fee] * 2
    #2298663 - 02/03/04 07:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Easiest method is to sterilize a mixture of manure and vermiculite/perlite/ryegrass seed in a jar. Inoculate. Let colonize completely. Lay this out in a very small tray, 8x8 brownie tray with lid. Allow to recover for 48 hours. Case with a very thin layer of casing soil(less then 1/4 inch). The vermiculite holds water. Perlite holds alittle, but adds good fluff, and the ryegrass seed does both. You can pick only one to mix with the manure, or use them all. BRF is not neccessary to add to the manure mix, but it works with it.

Contamination is the problem with pans. If you can get clean spawn there is no problem fruiting this way. Using the jars to spawn more substrate just makes it more risky, but not impossible.

As far as actually fruiting them. A simple clear rubbermaid with a lid can house the casings. Mist daily up to the first sign of pins. Usually a single button will appear first. Stop misting at this point, and don't mist the casing again till you have harvested the fruits. As far as fanning goes. Fan up to the point you see a pin, then stop fanning until the rest of the buttons form. Then start fanning again. The easiest and best thing you can do once you have buttons all over the casing, IS TO LEAVE THE LID PARTIALLY OPEN. Turn it so you have a openning at opposite corners. This allows for a very RAPID evaporation rate, wich will devlope the mushrooms.

Keeping the lid closed will cause the mushrooms to either abort, or grow tall and spindly. Allowing a more rapid rate of evaporation keeps them shorter and thicker. DO NOT OPEN THE LID SO MUCH THAT THE CASING GOES DRY INSTANTLY. Just enough that you can mature the flush. Then Bring the moisture content of the casing back up prior to the second flush developing.

Every time you mist Pans directly a percentage of them will abort. So try and have the casing at the right moisture level before any buttons for.

This is a very low tek, but easy way to do Pans/Copelandias. I use no automated fanning, humidity, etc... Fanning with a paper plate, and leaving the lid slightly off, is all that is required.

THE MOSt IMPORTANT THING ABOUT SPAWN RUNS In THE JARS is to use less substrate within the jar. If you are using quart jars, only fill them with one to one and a half cups of substrate prior to cooking. You don't want the jars more then half full after cooking. Cook for 90 minutes at 15 psi just to be safe. Make sure your inoculum is clean wether spores or agr wedges. You can shake the jars when there is a half dololar worth of growth, and then try not to shake them any more. Don't over incubate in the jar.

Filter patches on the jars makes things happen alot faster, and healthier.

Good luck, they really aren't that hard.

Store bought composts yield less then field picked manure. UNLESS YOU CAN BUY JUST MANURE. I haven't found any in FLORIDA that is just manure.

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: fee]
    #2298684 - 02/03/04 07:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

With all that aside. If you can't maintain a temperature above 70 F in the fruiting chamber, you are going to have troubles. 80 F is where you want them.

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: ] * 1
    #2298713 - 02/03/04 07:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

is 86 good?

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: fee]
    #2301399 - 02/04/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I had no problems with heat, only cold. 86 F will make things develope real fast if the evaporation rate is right. Your finished product will dry up to very low weight at that high of temps. Temps at the low end of the range produce better quality fruits, but at a slower rate.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: ]
    #2301701 - 02/04/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

cool teonan thanks for the info! Are there any methods for cultivating this mushroom that can be done WITHOUT a pc?

SM

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: simplemachine]
    #2301716 - 02/04/04 04:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You could start some pf style jars... and spawn them to pasturized poo/straw

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Rose]
    #2301732 - 02/04/04 04:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thats what I'm thinking cervates, but I want to see if anyone else has done it first!;) My other idea is to make pf jars with poop in them. There is a reference to this in the FAQ, if anyone knows more hook me up.

SM

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: simplemachine]
    #2301741 - 02/04/04 04:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: OldSpice]
    #2301754 - 02/04/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I may be wrong, but I think they will colonize a modified pf jar... use wbs flour or millet flour instead of brf.

Although, I bet they would colonize brf too... you just need more than brf to get 'em to fruit.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Rose]
    #2301788 - 02/04/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard lots of stories about pan cyan in pf jars using BRF or millet, as teonan said the key seems to be not to give them much substrate to colonize. the nook has a buncha posts about it, but I wanted to see what the shroomerites thought.

My third idea is a jar of verm/worm castings spawned with agar grown wedges.

so whuddya think?

SM

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: simplemachine]
    #2304101 - 02/05/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have never done a PF tek jar, so I don't know first hand. I can't imagine that it wouldn't work to get spawn. Any method you can use to get contaminant free spawn will work.

I just suggest adding the final substrate(manure/compost/castings) to the original jar of substrate to avoid having to spawn bulk with it.

Anything you can do to limit contamination is best.

I have also noticed no increase in yield with bulk. Yield per cup of substrate actually wen't down, total weight.

My best yields come from the manure:ryegrass seed:perlite(4:1:1). 1 cup per quart jar. 2-4 cups per casing.

I didn't like castings. It was difficult to get the moisture content right when it was used as a primary ingredient, for ME. They are expensive in my location also.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #2304122 - 02/05/04 09:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

Anonymous

#2304281 - 02/05/04 10:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Copelandias like manure. Everyone seems to be focusing on the additives to the mixture. You want to use only a very small amount of ryegrassseed/millet/wbs/grain/popcorn,etc... The additive is mainly just to fluff up the manure in the jars. I found ryegrass seed to be the least prone to contaminants compared to ryegrain, wbs, and millet. In essence you can just throw out the grains and just increase the perlite/vermiculite.

I just add various grains and seeds to the manure, like i would vary the additives in a agar recipie. the ryegrass seed just worked the best for me, LEAST CONTAMINATION.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #2304818 - 02/05/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: ]
    #2305292 - 02/05/04 02:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So just add course verm to manure to make a good substrate for Pan Cyans?

I'm thinking of just casing the half pint jars once colonization is complete so as not to disturb the mycelia. In effect making mini casings like I have done with some p. cubensis jars. It's working great for them and colonization of the casing layer is quick.

At any rate I need to have my substrate figured out soon as I already have spores germinating on agar.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous

#2305795 - 02/05/04 03:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Any manure will do. If you have trouble with contamination, go for the cow poo.

Anonymous

Re: How hard is it to grow Pan. Cyans [Re: Ekstaza] * 1
    #2305849 - 02/05/04 03:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes just vermiculite mixed with poo. Brought up to field capacity moisture content. Loaded in jars. Pressure cooked for 90 minutes at 15 psi, and inoculated with spore or mycelium.

DON"T LOAD JARS FULL. You wan't the jar to be only half full after cooking. This makes it shake easier. Filter patches really increase your success rate with Exotic mycelium, non- cubensis. They help anyways.

Fruitng directly in jars can be problematic with copelandias. To do it, you would have to have the substrate almost to the top of the jar. This makes getting clean spawn more difficult. If you case a half full jar, it will be too humid in the jar for the shrooms to develope good.
Cubensis fruits great in the jar.

If you get clean enough spawn to fruit in the jar, you have clean enough spawn to lay out in a tray and fruit. Just don't spawn to more substrate.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck