Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Sporeless oyster strain?
    #2299395 - 02/04/04 12:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My recent cultivation of  P. pulmonarius  was rewarding and bountiful, but I don't think I'll be growing this species again anytime soon.  Why?  Despite my attempt to harvest the mushrooms young, the sporeload in my grow chamber was simply unbearable/disgusting!  Everything needs a MAJOR cleaning now.  Yuk.

It is a well-known fact that oysters make HUGE numbers of spores.  Stamets makes note of at least one sporeless strain of oyster.  I was wondering if anyone has access to a sporeless strain of Pleurotus?  Thanks!  :eyemouth:

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: Sporeless oyster strain? [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #2299487 - 02/04/04 02:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am growing some p.pulmonaris and it seems that they do not develop any spores. ( wanted to make some prints :frown: ). I am not sure wether this is due to the fact that I do not grow them in the proper environmental conditions now in winter. But on the other hand I had some rather big ones among them. If you want a wedge to try it out PM me.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2299724 - 02/04/04 06:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The blue oyster, Pl. columbinus, is known to be a notoriously low spore producer. However it also needs higher temps to fruit properly. Sporeworks will be adding this selection to our edible and medicinal culture lineup within the next week or two.

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporeless oyster strain? [Re: psilocyber]
    #2301628 - 02/04/04 04:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocyber said:
The blue oyster, Pl. columbinus, is known to be a notoriously low spore producer. However it also needs higher temps to fruit properly. Sporeworks will be adding this selection to our edible and medicinal culture lineup within the next week or two.

From what I've been reading, P. columbinus is actually Pleurotus ostreatus var. columbinus. One site claims that it is a much slower colonizer than other oysters, and requires a more profound temperature drop in order to fruit. Any thoughts?

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

InvisibleMilletV
--intransition--

Loc: Rockies
    #2301722 - 02/04/04 04:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I am working with the sporeworks isolate Pl. columbinus now and it colonizes at about the same speed as two strains of Pl ostreatus that are running alongside.

It would not colonize as fast of warm weather Pleurotus such as Pl. djamor, Pulminarious, or citropileatus, but is very much in step with their colder fruting relatives such as Pl ostreatus (both white and tan/grey strains represented) and two unknown Pleutorus I am also testing in this run, one from england the other from Colorado.

It is too early in this test run to comment on its fruiting peculiarities, if there are any. Mycobags containing grasslands (strawbased) substrate went into my fruiting chamber today. Primordial formation has been initiated.

results to follow.

best regards,

Millet

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Re: Sporeless oyster strain? [Re: Millet]
    #2301768 - 02/04/04 04:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Millet said:
Mycobags containing grasslands (strawbased) substrate went into my fruiting chamber today. Primordial formation has been initiated.

May I ask what parameters you used for spawn incubation, and what parameters you are using for initiation (temperature, humidity, light, air exchange, etc.)

I am most interested in your results, especially spore load/production. Best of luck!

--------------------

InvisibleMilletV
--intransition--

#2303989 - 02/05/04 08:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hello Basidiocarp!

I didnt use spawn, but rather injected the mycobag with 10 ml of mycelium slurry, created on a magnetic stirplate.

My fruiting parameters are as follows: 68-72 degrees f, humidity 85-100% (this is fluctuated to promote evaporation of water from the fruitbody surface). Air exchanges discribed below.

Im fruiting in a 4 tier mini greenhouse. Im humidifiying and providing fresh air exchange with an ultrasonic humidifier which contains a small blower. The humidifier is on a timer, set at 2 hours off, one hour on. As this is a new setup these parameters and timer times are not set in stone, but rather a comfortable baseline from which to start. it appears that my initial settings wont need much adjusting, but in the end well look at the fruits and make that determination.

best regards,

Millet

Edited by Millet (02/05/04 11:56 AM)

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Sporeless oyster strain? [Re: Millet]
    #2304227 - 02/05/04 09:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

goobelly goobelly goo

Edited by YidakiMan (02/05/04 12:41 PM)

InvisibleMilletV
--intransition--

Re: Sporeless oyster strain? [Re: YidakiMan]
    #2304708 - 02/05/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The times of the humidifier running is actually 2 hours off, one hour on.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Best regards,

Millet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale