Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBabar
Stranger
Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner?
    #2299930 - 02/04/04 08:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm thinking about starting to grow shrooms.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/acatalog/EveryoneDoesIT_com_Magic_Mushroom_Growing_Kits_496.html

Magic Mushroom GROWING KIT - Psilocybe Cubensis

Is this a good idea or not? Will I really get shrooms in "days" and is it worth it? Good for a beginner?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBabar
Stranger
Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: Babar]
    #2299942 - 02/04/04 08:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

btw since it seems to be out of stock from this company can anyone recommend another UK company offering the same product?

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

#2300013 - 02/04/04 09:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You could always get the B+ those are on there also. Have you tried looking into geting a syringe from one of our sponors and just doing jars instead?

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

Anonymous

Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: THEBOSS]
    #2300016 - 02/04/04 09:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

or try mushmush

Anonymous

#2300110 - 02/04/04 10:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if your an absolute beginner, no knowledge, i aint gonna lie to ya.....its NOT a good idea. You cant rely on the instructions they will send you, because they are going to suck, trust me.

my advice to you, if you want to start growing shrooms is to start with the PF tek[ http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm ], and if you dont want to do that and decide fuck what we say and go with the kit....then please read the FAQ on casings, so you know how to PROPERLY maintain the kit. This way you can get the most out of the kit, and dont waste 25 bucks.

OfflineMagus
Dazed

Loc: Midwest USA
    #2300121 - 02/04/04 10:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You wont get it in days... expect 3 weeks for complete conlonization, 2 weeks for pinning, and another week or two for shrooms to be read to harvest. I started growing before christmas and just tripped my first dose last night.

--------------------
Disclaimer:

1. When I use the word "I", it means a friend of a friend wants me to ask. The word "I" simply cuts down on the amount of letters I need to type.

2. I do not engage in illegal activities. I am appaled by all of you and your apparent disregard for the law.

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
    #2300165 - 02/04/04 10:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yah dude, dont let those assholes screw you over like they did me, giving you instructions way too complicated for a first timer. just read some faqs, and start with PF or a simple casing technique, though most would tell you to start with PF due to its relative simplicity and its extensive documentation over the years

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Offlinemitemouse
Student

#2300182 - 02/04/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I belive these kits are already colonized when they get to their destination. I belive you just have to wait for pinning. But of course not days, maybe three weeks total for first flush.

Offlinemoodelev8or
Lifes what youmake it
 User Gallery

Loc: Buckingham Palace
    #2300226 - 02/04/04 10:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Babar

I have just PM'ed you with some info

--------------------
I like to be one with the universe for a while, hang with the spirits and perform psychoanalysis on myself while the Floyd cast technicolour waves of sound around my dissolving ego......

InvisibleMushroom_Zen
Stranger
Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: acidhead1279]
    #2300238 - 02/04/04 10:45 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

PF tek for newbs is a must.

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: Mushroom_Zen]
    #2300275 - 02/04/04 10:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A head shop in my area has shroom kits with already colonized substrate, what looks to be popcorn.....

After my first BRF cake grow, I was thinking of picking one up and skipping a lot steps instead...

But I realized how much fun and excitement I had with my first grow, and to skip a lot of the learning process would just suck a lot of the fun out of getting into this hobby....

Speaking as a beginner, I'd say just have fun reading the basic teks, and learn that way...

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

OfflineErinyes
Stranger
Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: mitemouse]
    #2300360 - 02/04/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

not sure about weeks there mate, im a beginner and my shrooms are about 2cm tall in approx 6 days, and everyonedoesit.com comes with sod all instructions too. There is also no mycelium colonisations at all on the kits, cant remember who said it, but there isnt.

I think i might have been the one that got them out of stock, sorry  :biggrin:

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Is this good for an absolute shroom beginner? [Re: Erinyes]
    #2300438 - 02/04/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I also suggest just doing the PF-tek instead of using a kit. Its great for begginers. Use this website as your guide http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm#materialien. Good luck, all your questions can be answered on the shroomery just post. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds