Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneakdown3
Stranger
Help with miami ID
    #2299838 - 02/04/04 07:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well haven't been this site for a couple months now...Not the best weather for shroomies down here...but getting better...i have found one cubie in the past 3 months..(have seen a few other species but i don't think they were magic)...Today i thought id give it a try after reading greatones post..i found 2 shrooms..that looked like 2 small cubies when i walked up to them but when i brought them home i noticed they didnt turn blue...the stem turned brown and weak the more i would i rub it...the cap i think resembles that of a cubie same gill color yet no veil..i have a couple shitty pics..waiting on a spore print right now ill have one by tongiht..if anyone has seen this shroom before please let me know what i got here..any advice will be appreciated..thank you

again sorry for the shitty pics ;x
AnDy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Help with miami ID [Re: neakdown3]
    #2300168 - 02/04/04 10:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

those are certainly not P. cubensis. as to what they are, no one worth thier salt is going to claim to recognise them from those pictures.

brown bruising is common in a great many mushrooms, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the oxidation proccesses of the psilocybian compounds [though it may be an oxidation proccess of something].

they are not psilocybian mushrooms as far as i can tell. if you get back to us with that sporeprint, we might be able to point you in the right direction for an id.

ps. get out there and look for cubensis wenever you have nothing better to do. you will find them again :laugh:.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Help with miami ID [Re: canid]
    #2300502 - 02/04/04 12:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, if they didn't bruise blue we know they're not Copelandia. I believe they're some species of Panaeolus. Black spore print would confirm it. No clue if it's active. If they are, they're weak and probably not worth your time. Either way, don't eat them.

Offlinedamnfunkypro
Warrior of Funk
Re: Help with miami ID [Re: canid]
    #2300511 - 02/04/04 12:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yo-

they could be copes, but I can't tell from the pics. I'm not seeing any blue bruising. They look too light in color to be Pan Subbs. GGreat123 might be able to ID them.
Whatever happens....
*******DO NOT EAT THEM UNTIL YOU HAVE A POSITIVE ID!!!********
okay?

peace,
raf

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2300794 - 02/04/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh!, interesting find....

Those are definately some type of Panaeolus mushroom...
-Definately not Copelandia cyanescens though...

....i think those might be Pan subbalteatus....they might be

The spore prints should turn out black, which indicates they are from the family of Panaeolus

Were you in a cow field? any horses out there?

Those are definately sh*tty pics.

I think they might be subbs, but obviously not near enough to trip from..
They "might" be, i'm not completely sure...

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2301078 - 02/04/04 02:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say something closer to a Panaeolus foenisecii...

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Help with miami ID [Re: angryshroom]
    #2302579 - 02/04/04 08:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh! It completely didn't cross my mind angryshroom!

But still, i don't think so, he found them in a cow pasture right? near miami?
-Honestly i don't think that foenisecii is very common (if at all) in southern florida.. ive never found it there, i've found foenisecii in cooler climates but never in southern florida,

The spore print should solve that mystery!
-If the print is black, then it is probably a subb.
-If the print is brown, then it must be a foenisecii.

Offlineneakdown3
Stranger
Re: Help with miami ID [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2303813 - 02/05/04 04:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

waza peepz...ok sorry for the shitty pics and information..i forgot to let u know about where i found the shrooms...greatone prolly knows what im talking about..i found them near a horse pasture..where they mix the horse or cow shit not sure and mix it with hay and spread it across there front yards..well in the summer time it gets fuken loaded with cubies..but this time of the year i only find a few here and there...well i dont have the cam anymore(borrowed it from a friend)But the spore prints came out jet black..if it means anyhting..the gills look alot like a cubie..as in gills dark grey and cap seems thick and juicy..smells shroomery..but since i cant get a spore print fopr u guys..and most u people r saying even if there magic it wont be enough to gimme a nice trip..im a just throw them away ..If anyone have any more advice please let me know...thank you for all the replies ;]

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #2303937 - 02/05/04 07:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

its a panaeolus black print bretty much clinched it.
now, grey gills, hmmm. brown or blackish with white margin i would say pan subbs. but grey and im guessing somewhat translucent, perhaps mottled slightly. possibly active hoewever too small for a dosage, but certainly not toxic.

heres a pic of what i think you got, i cant get it ID'd either.

but they are much more watery and grey in color than pan subbs which have much more reddish brown tones.

heres the same mushrooms next to P subbs the same day

when the caps fade they pretty much look like what you got.

if it is what i think, then they are weaker than your average pan subb. and bu average i mean sorta weak. ive had some potent pan subbs, but never found these grey mottled-gilled panaeolus to be particularly potent.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Help with miami ID [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2305955 - 02/05/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, I didn't see that it was growing in dung. Well, thats definetly not a foenisecii then. Something else... Just seems so minute and the colors are so different from the subbalteatus I find over here on the West coast!

Donno what it is...except its no dout a Panaeolus of some sort! :smile:

If there was any bruising on the mycelium, it would be active, otherwise its probably inactive and in the campanulatus family or something..... ?  :crazy:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck