Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecidsander
Stranger
Acid vs. Mushrooms
    #4070073 - 04/18/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have ate mushrooms over 5 times, my highest dose being an 1/8. My friend recently purchased 2 hits of acid that we are planning to split. I am curious to know the main differences between acid and shrooms? Are they a lot a like or are the trips totally different. I know on an 1/8 of shrooms I had many realizations about life, and the way humans live and what not, is acid the same kind of thing? If not, what are the main deep thoughts that one would commonly have on acid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: cidsander]
    #4070099 - 04/18/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :cool:!

Typing the title of your thread into the search engine yielded many threads on this topic,  here is one of them. Our bulletin boards are very extensive, utilizing the search engine could have yielded an answer immediately :cool:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinelilbilski4life
fear andloathing inbozeman

Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: gdman]
    #4070628 - 04/18/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

lol, yea, a million post have been started about that question. this is wat i think (wat ive haeard, i done muhsy :laugh:, not lucy yet) ok.
shrooms: the upcoming is insane and super hard to make it, u see pretty crazy shit, like wall morph, shit drips... (shrooms in a nut shell)
LSD: the upcoming is easyer then mushy, u more liky to see shit pop up, like ur dead grandma. then see a room breath, techo colors too.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: lilbilski4life]
    #4071860 - 04/19/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Acid is very electric and energetic, you tend to have more control on where you want the trip to go. Shrooms are more sit on your ass and observe what the shrooms have to show you. More calm and relaxed.

At least in my experience anyway :smile:

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #4071959 - 04/19/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

In my experience, acid lasts WAY longer than a shroom trip. The come up takes longer on acid, and the visuals are not as intense. It also makes my body feel weird, like I can not get stretched out or something.

Mushrooms, the visuals are the most insane, colorful, vibrant things. The come up is fast and hard, sometimes too hard. The trip last usually 2-4 hours, then you just feel good for a while. Acid it takes 30 minutes to 2 hours for the come up, but the whole thing lasts 7-9 hours. To me acid takes to long, near the end, you are just like waiting to fall asleep. With mushrooms, the time is perfect.

This is all just my experiences and opinions.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineSeanm83
Stranger
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: DepthToTheCore] * 1
    #22994352 - 03/10/16 10:20 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I get the opposite effect, interesting. On mushrooms, I get lots of breathing in walls, visuals are wavy and flowing. I also can't stop laughing, or control the trip much, but wouldn't want to, I usually have a good time. I notice shrooms enhance sense of smell more than auditory effect. Shrooms are spiritual and nature oriented, outdoors and earthy, airy, and breathing.

Acid is what makes things swirl visually, and drip auditory wise. I don't see anything breath or move like on mushrooms, visuals are still, but detailed and complex. I saw an image multiply itself into so many images I couldn't focus. Acid also doesn't do much to smell that I'm aware of, but auditory effects are profound visually things magnify, like through a looking glass that is broken. Acid mentally is religious and scientific rather than spiritual, and stellar/cosmic, rather than earthy and spacey in a stoned way. Connected to people rather than earth, and like a neon city, rather than the great outdoors.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Seanm83] * 2
    #22994530 - 03/10/16 11:25 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

i like the saying with mushroom youre in the passanger seat and with acid youre in the driver seat.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Offlinewuhog
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Peyote Road]
    #22995085 - 03/11/16 06:13 AM (8 years, 19 days ago)

there very different in my opinion.acid is a psychedelic and mushrooms are hallucinogenic,as in previous post i agree acid lasts way longer however acid to me is a generally consistent trip,if i take half a trip to a full one to 2 trips i would have a good trip.if i was to double dose with the mushrooms the effect would be much more significant.3 grams of mushrooms im slightly high,15 grams im doing mind flips

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: wuhog]
    #22995744 - 03/11/16 11:41 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

You'll get a lot of different opinions since everyone is different, you'll just have to take some generals and try it out for your self.

Mushrooms for me are very relaxed, calming, loving, spiritual, cleansing, vivid, morphing visuals, very emotional. Deep and introspective, connecting.

Acid is a very different story for me. Very racy, fast pace, electric, stimulanty, feels very intense in the body. Usually can't sleep for at least 12 hours from one tab, trip lasts for about 4 hours. Good time dilation, visuals are intense geometric shapes for me, colors of the rainbow and streaking lights. I don't like it because the general stimulanty feel doesn't do any good for my anxiety and generally feels like I can never relax or feel comfortable.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

InvisibleZymosis
Carbon Based Lifeform
Male User Gallery

Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #22996563 - 03/11/16 04:12 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Also don't forget set and setting.  Just having the idea that acid and shrooms have different effects can alter your set. I would go into it without convincing yourself of certain expectations and instead see where it takes you.

With that said, here are my experiences...  I did more acid as a teenager so I had less to worry about and it was all about having fun.  So acid to me was kind of a "party" thing.  Drop cid with a friend and go hiking.  Kaleidoscope visuals were very prevalent and the patterns overlaying everything made me think of a million eyes.  The trip seemed very mathematical and logical, so the visuals were predictable after enough experience.  I could easily control the trip and everything felt "electric" and fast paced.  There was hardly any mindfuck and I had a clear head, but that could have just been because I never really sat down and just tripped out on cid like I have with shrooms.  I hope to one day find cid again and see how my current state of mind experiences it.  But through my actual experience with it, it seemed to be all pretty colors and laughs.

The only bad trips with acid involved extreme paranoia involving the true motives of my friends rather than an intense psychedelic bad trip, while a bad shroom trip for me would involve having reality shattered beyond anything I could be prepared for.

I couldn't imagine going out into the world in broad daylight on shrooms like I did on cid.  Shrooms take control and damn my attempts at taking any sort of control over the trip. But that lack of a control feeling could have to do with the fact that I'm not as carefree as I was as a teenager and I have to take more precautions. The visuals take on a very free form and can be completely random.  For example, one trip will have my cat changing colors, the next can have his stripes melting into the carpet, while the third may have his whole body transforming into some multi-limbed alien cat.  I've also found shroom mindfuck to be way more intense, cuddling with my girlfriend and feeling my actual body being extended to include hers as if we were Siamese twins, or feeling like I'm merging with the universe, or experiencing time anomalies,  even feeling like I'm having memories of other people's lives.  Mindfuck just gets weird on shrooms, I've heard music and convinced myself that it was me who created the music and I have had feelings of being on some sort of cosmic stage beyond my comprehension, while still being able to close my eyes and see turning gears that I imagined as the fabric of the universe. Again, I've actually sat down and let myself trip out with shrooms so set and setting :cool:

I find shrooms to be more spiritual, but not in the sense of "I'm in the presence of God", more in the sense of realizing life is an illusion and experiencing my ego being stripped away to the universal reality that "I" am just a function of the universe so I am God in a sense (which tends to make the comedown more confusing since I have to piece reality back together).  In the right set and setting I can imagine acid having the same ability, but the difference being there doesn't seem to be a choice with shrooms.

Edit:  by not having a choice, I don't mean it happens every time.  I just mean that when it happens it can't be stopped.  Acid, on the other hand, I feel like it can be more easily brushed off if the feelings become uncomfortable.

--------------------

Edited by Zymosis (03/11/16 04:18 PM)

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Warrior
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: wuhog]
    #22996767 - 03/11/16 05:02 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

wuhog said:
there very different in my opinion.acid is a psychedelic and mushrooms are hallucinogenic

I'm glad you added that disclaimer of opinion before you decided to rebrand psychs again :wink:

OfflineTrypto-Fan
Warrior
Male

#22996796 - 03/11/16 05:14 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
Acid is a very different story for me. Very racy, fast pace, electric, stimulanty, feels very intense in the body. Usually can't sleep for at least 12 hours from one tab, trip lasts for about 4 hours. Good time dilation, visuals are intense geometric shapes for me, colors of the rainbow and streaking lights. I don't like it because the general stimulanty feel doesn't do any good for my anxiety and generally feels like I can never relax or feel comfortable.

I can agree with you about everything, but what throws me is your 4 hour duration, that's not right..
I've noticed you say in quite a few other threads you can't enjoy acid.
I personally can't stand weed, it makes me anxious as hell, puts me into a constant 'panic attack' state, and for a long time I've wondered how so many people I know enjoy this substance enough to indulge in it daily.
So if you're sure the acid you're getting really is acid,  the way we all react to different chemicals is clearly highly subjective :laugh:

Offlinebrandonshmandon
Caucasian!
 User Gallery

#22996877 - 03/11/16 05:50 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

That totally sounds like nbome bud.

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Trypto-Fan]
    #22997057 - 03/11/16 06:58 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Trypto-Fan said:
Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:

I can agree with you about everything, but what throws me is your 4 hour duration, that's not right..
I've noticed you say in quite a few other threads you can't enjoy acid.
I personally can't stand weed, it makes me anxious as hell, puts me into a constant 'panic attack' state, and for a long time I've wondered how so many people I know enjoy this substance enough to indulge in it daily.
So if you're sure the acid you're getting really is acid,  the way we all react to different chemicals is clearly highly subjective :laugh:

Quote:

brandonshmandon said:
That totally sounds like nbome bud.

I can relate to you with what you're saying about weed I feel the exact same way but with Acid. I spent a good year researching and searching for it, finally arrived in my hands I was so confused why I didn't enjoy it, I've done it a total of 4 times all bad experiences its just not for me, doesn't work with my body chemistry at all. It doesn't feel normal or natural to me so I think partly my body tries to reject it. All that hype and hope to turn out LSD just isn't for me :lol: I've not once had a hint of euphoria or anything just general uneasiness, inability to relax, feels like someone shot me up with some meth, and in general the experience is just too damn intense feeling. Even in lower doses(70-100 mics) I decided to try 150ug because maybe I needed a little more push to get over the uneasiness but it was the same experience just amplified A LOT worse which has been my last trial with it since. I still do believe it has potential and I want to try it again someday soon but with some use of Anti anxieties and vaso relaxants like Cannabidiol.

Well 150ug had me awake for 17 hours. It took 1 hour 30 to 2 hours to fully be in the peak. And it peaked for 4 hours(come out of time dilation and headspace) This is what I call the "trip" is the peak of the experience, the only time your reality is truly altered. So here's a timeline..
00:00 drop 150ug
+45 notice some first alerts
+1:30 start entering the peak
+2 fully peaking
2-6 peak(4 hours)
+felt residuals for 17 hours after dropping.
definitely real LSD, as I have tried 1P-LSD as well with the same effects. Definitely not nbomb would never touch that stuff :lol:

I have anxiety usually suffered from overthinking in general, but with LSD it does nothing to dampen that in fact just make it worse by speeding up my thoughts and making it feel like my mind is a lot louder upping the anxiety, paired with intense heart rate and intense body high and a tight blood vessel feeling, I don't see how people find it enjoyable but I'm a different type of being, very sensitive, to my surroundings especially intuitive and empathic by nature. :peace: there is no "good feelings" associated for me with LSD like there is with mushrooms, I never get intense love or good emotions, no peace or bliss to fill my veins just intense energy which feels like meth(I have never tried) I'm not hating on LSD as I know a lot of people love it! Including me, I got some good insights behind the majority of the anxiety, but yea the main feels out of my 4 trials is Anxiety as the accompanying feeling.

Luckily I have found Allyl LSD and Ethyl LSD replacing that methyl group which gave me all the problems I can enjoy LSD for what it is, partially :wink:

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Edited by Eclipse3130 (03/11/16 07:19 PM)

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Seanm83]
    #23286118 - 05/29/16 09:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry but I just can't stand it when people say shrooms feels "earthy" because they feel SO unearthly and alien that it's ridiculous.

For me shrooms were much more galactic and alien and more transforming and modular. More glow in the dark visuals, more blending of the senses, more of an atavistic/reverting 'wild' kind of feeling.

Mushrooms are more enlightening and beautiful and LSD is more ascetically pleasing; more of a feeling of oneness.
I find acid to be more cartoony and surreal. More clean and floral. Both substances are very mystical though, I'm not sure which one I can consider more mystical.

Shrooms feel more hypnotic and LSD feels more trancelike
Shrooms are more scenic and mythical Acid is more rustic and folkloric

I like mushrooms more because on mushrooms you feel like your conscious mind is being invaded by the essence of these emotionally striking, luminous, swimmy and humorous extraterrestrial tykes and elves

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23286429 - 05/29/16 11:28 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Something that I haven't seen brought up in this thread is the difference between taking these substances alone and with other people. Alone mushrooms still give me the warm colourful breathing visuals that I get whilst with other people, but LSD can be other worldly. I have seen towers and orbs and other fantastical things appear out of the kaleidoscope. Such breathtaking visuals that leave me reeling for weeks after I see them. I don't get that when tripping with others. The trance never gets deep enough for this to happen. The effect of these substances seems to polarize when I trip solo and enhances everything %50 or more. The freedom to get lost in my own thoughts without anyone around me being a grounding element.

And the synesthesia too... it's never happened to me on shrooms, but the most the most breathtaking cross-sensory stimulation on LSD.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineTrill321og
Stranger
I need some expert advice [Re: Northerner]
    #23286501 - 05/29/16 11:50 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

There's some PE that I recently put into the fruiting chamber, about a week ago. But I read on here that they take a while to start pinning and I was wondering if I should dunk the cakes while simultaneously cold shocking them by putting them in the refrigerator to kick start fruiting and get a larger yield from my batch or should I just let them be and just be patient. I didn't dunk and roll my cakes right after birthing them, I just put them in my fruiting chamber. That's why im wondering if doing so might help them start pinning faster than usual?

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: I need some expert advice [Re: Trill321og]
    #23287604 - 05/30/16 09:39 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

To me, a trip is a trip for the most part.

LSD lasts too long and you can't sleep until you come down completely. A real bummer for me because I hate that post-trip feeling and I hate insomnia and I hate feeling sleep deprived the next day.

Mushrooms fade faster and if you're tired enough, you can dose off before you fully come down. I'd much rather skip that post-trip feeling and I like waking up the next day feeling refreshed.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: Northerner]
    #23287673 - 05/30/16 10:03 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmm well Ive never taken LSD by myself. I mean I've been by myself for significant amounts of time on LSD but and even took it hours before I met with other people but I never took a whole LSD trip by myself many times with mushrooms though. Even when I'm with other people though I still get the orbs and even the mantoid entities. I feel an LSD trip entirely by myself would just be really introspective since I already find it to be more introspective than mushrooms.

Also I get synesthesia pretty easily on normal doses of LSD (I was born with it anyways) but I have gotten strong synesthesia on STUPIDLY low doses of mushrooms so I'm gonna have to say they win in that category.

Edited by AuroraBorealis88 (05/30/16 10:05 AM)

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Re: Acid vs. Mushrooms [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23287885 - 05/30/16 11:16 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms: rough come-up with unpleasant bodyload, shorter trip, hard to think in a logical way on a high dose,
difficult to oparate in a civilised place, strong emotional realizations, very introspective, comedown involves an unique feeling of well-being,
long-term anti depressant effect, higher risk of HPPD, risk of delusional thinking and coming up with irrational theories during a trip, feels crap at some low doses (body load but no actual trip, then come down, I've had it many times - better go full-on trip so that the body load is worth going through)

LSD: longer trip, different comedown with an afterglow like with no other drug, some insomnia after the trip (but nothing like speed or pills), feels good at any dose high or small,
virtually no body load (at least with the fantastic acid that I get), you retain sanity and logical thinking easily even at higher doses,
smaller risk of delusional thinking, more suitable for recreational use, smaller chance of HPPD, more auditory hallucinations and distortions, easier to consume and transport, dosing can be tricky due to it being active at microscopic doses

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Edited by Dr. Delban (05/30/16 11:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies