Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: halo]
    #22970251 - 03/03/16 05:18 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

No opinion. I don't know who that is unless I look him up (but that wouldn't be kosher). :grin: When I was looking for an Orthodox icon of Pseudo-Dionysus, I called a local Romanian Orthodox Church (my grandparents were from Bucharest). I was met with all kind of antisemitic paranoia about jews defacing/destroying icons (which is largely bullshit as Jews were subjected to pogroms in eastern Europe, not crusades against "graven images." Shades of Borat. I was so turned off by the priest I spoke of, that brief inquiry put an end to any looking for a church of any sort for the rest of my life. I have my votive table at home and that's the end of seeking a congregation (it wouldn't be psychedelic anyway. Note: mushroomic Orthodox priestly cross with grain ears, rye grain in jar, mushroom to left and on top of center-piece).

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/03/16 05:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22973925 - 03/04/16 06:34 PM (8 years, 25 days ago)

the other day I went to a funeral and most of what I could think about was how the wood church could burn pretty well to the ground before someone could stop it

then the service started and the person said their thing with the songs and books. the family stood up to talk and half them say 'yeah you would have never found him here'.

dude was a top secret military contractor type, loaded ya know. probably responsible for more carnage to the human race than most people and there this person is talking about eternal life.

if there is eternal life the dude who's funeral it was was probably sitting right next to me punching me in the shoulder saying 'haha hey can you believe this crap? I'm gettin outta here'.

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Hippocampus]
    #22974436 - 03/05/16 12:04 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

Easter, like all holidays, are commemorative. No, Easter is not a big thing for me, but you're complaining about ruined Sundays because you have to be with your family. I'm fortunate to have a wife, but I have no family of my own creation, so there are no family members to rejoice with. It irked me that someone would complain about a day a year. Imagine if they all died on you. Would you complain about having to attend a their funerals too?

"'one god' nazis?" Really? AS IF Ultimate Reality isn't Unitary, seamless and singular. You'd prefer to read Thor comics maybe? Like pantheons of gods isn't WAY more primitive, culture-bound, and one step removed from paleolithic animistic religion in the history of humankind's spiritual evolution. :bored: If you want to practice astrotheology and 'worship' the position of the Earth's tilt relative to the north or south hemisphere so that the Solstice is all about Sol, go right ahead. If that is the extent of your religion ('binding' as in ligature) with regard to Transcendental Reality, then I leave you to your sugary marshmallows. It seems you grok Peeps® but can't fathom feeling grateful for what you have. It's called the prayer of thanksgiving, and ideally it becomes a continuous condition for the spiritually mature. I hope you don't have to suffer loss to appreciate what you once had.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #22974544 - 03/05/16 01:38 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

i would read your book Markos.

OfflineHippocampus
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22974657 - 03/05/16 03:17 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

I think I haven't explained my situation fully.  I was going out of town to see my mother, sister and niece.  They aren't religious, and neither am I.  For us non-religious people easter often sneaks up on us.  It's not a big deal.  So I'm planning a vacation to see my family, and instead I have to be with my in-laws at church.  So in this situation religion=keeping my family apart.  How do you feel about that now mark? 

Church to me is like a semi-crappy movie that you are sometimes manipulated into going to.  It's fine.  We all go to crappy movies.  But when I stand around joking about how much a movie sucks, and some weirdo jumps in and starts assuming weird shit and throwing accusations, the butthrt is just too obvious.  So when I explain a scenario where christianity is ruining my plans, and you get all bent out of shape, it's like it's not even about ME.  And I get why people get all offended when I'm irreverent about easter, or god or religion.  To take the movie analogy further, I like the lord of the rings movies.  I hate it when people are all like, "elves are stupid, that's all fake and stupid."  especially when it's totally not called for.  It's just dickish.  And I even know lord of the rings is fantasy.  What if I really believed it?  I'd be even more steamed when people mocked it.  But I thought this thread was in the spirit of thumbing our noses at christianity, and saying how we really feel.

And yes, one god nazis!  I was referring to Rome at the time of christ (and before and after), when the policy of the empire was to generally be really cool about gods, and locals gods.  They all sort of co-existed alongside each other.  These are the pagans I was referring to.  Which I believe is the more accepted definition than however you later defined them, btw.  So we're really not talking about the same thing.  But anyway.  Later on christianity went mainstream.  But they towed the line with that whole one god dogma that soon they were the ones doing most of the burning of people.  But idk.  Is it worse to burn someone alive for not believing in their god, or burn someone alive for not believing in your god AND not renouncing all other gods?  idk, both are pretty bad.  But the christians sort of did it a lot longer and to more people.  So that's the comparison to nazis.  I believe it's psychologically, and sociologically much more groovy to have multiple gods.  Simply because the idea of another god fitting in there doesn't necessarily ruin the whole story.  People can easily roll with it.  Life can go on.  Everyone can sit around the campfire holding hands and praising each other's gods.  Then some Hitler dickhead shows up and demands that everyone only praise his god, and anyone caught praising another god will be thrown into the campfire.  That's nazi, man.  'One god' nazis.

To me, of course, all the religions and supernatural beliefs are all wrong and fake.  I was born, raised, and continue to be an Atheist.  I believe the correct assumption is that there is no gods.  Faith is not good enough to really believe any of that.  So, I don't think we're going to see eye to eye :wink:  I even grew up in an area that is known for it's secularism.  I wasn't even exposed to christianity until I was a teenager.  But then, since my wife's family are chrsitian, I spent a lot of time doing it.  And I feel I've earned the right to say to you, or anyone, I am so sick and tired of christianity!

Besides, I feel like you didn't really want to get to know my stories, or who I am.  You were just looking for a way to spew your weird ass gnosis version of christianity.  Yes, I've looked it up before.  Just another dead end on the ol' abrahamic religion tree.  What's that?  There's still a few leaves over there on that branch?  Heh, wouldn't it be really, really weird if some early jesus cult was the one true religion?  You die, and meet god, and he's like "oh, terribly sorry for all the confusing info on me heheheheh.  Yes, the first couple thousand years I'd get pissed about eating shellfish and all the BS, and then jesus, and then a few incorrect cults.  But then the one true religion is seen on earth.  But it never really takes off, and all the subsequent christian religions just piss me off."  So god won't let me in heaven, and then mark steps out from behind god.  "oh, hey there, yep I was right.  You totally should have listened to my important shroomery messages."  And then Akira would come out too.  "oh yes Hippo, I"VE READ HIS BOOK!!!  IT WAS SO GREAT!"

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Hippocampus]
    #22975101 - 03/05/16 09:14 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

Christians often say when you remind them about their belief system's bloody history 'ohhh that wasn't us, that was the satanic/luciferian infiltration' But I dont buy that, because right from theor  beginning, the Essenes, they already were dualistic believing there was a battle between the 'sons of light' and the 'sons of darkness'. So it is clear that the christian belief system is just an outcrop of dualistic patriarchal thought, because the deniers of their bloody history will STILL hope their theory about everlasting hell is right so that all those who contradict them will end up there. Nice huh?

I do not trust people who live their lives trying to please their master for fear of everlasting hell. There is no limit to the evil such a mindset will do to avoid that fate!

So the way out of such a toxic mind fcku-er matrix? Well, embrace hell--if you cannot see through that myth. Say I dont give a damn, I am just gonna be real AND carry on freely and playfully asking questyions about this amazing Mystery which is life

Edited by zzripz (03/05/16 09:17 AM)

Offlinefivepointer
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: zzripz]
    #22975247 - 03/05/16 10:14 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

If you are going to criticize Christianity at least come to an understanding of basic Christian doctrine.  Your assertions of people trying to avoid hell by actions of merit proves it.  Salvation is despite what someone does.  Sinners have nothing to bring to the table, they come empty.  A Christian will never believe they can avoid hell by good deeds.  No deeds obtain or maintain salvation, it is all of grace.  Also no Christian wishes someone to go to hell.  Eternal damnation is what everyone deserves, some get what they don't deserve, grace and salvation.  Only the supernatural action of God can convert and place faith, repentance and the Holy Spirit into a person.  The will of man does not control any aspect of salvation.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: filthyknees]
    #22975346 - 03/05/16 10:42 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Hypocrisy abounds in life. I will be quickly cremated, and nobody will know until such time (if any) that someone calls to inquire about me. If my wife predeceased me, nobody still alive who knew me would know of my demise. Just as it should be since after a generation or two, who visits a grave unless it's a historical site, and with no grave? One is simply forgotten in time.

As to Eternal Life - that belongs to the Life of Eternity. It is NOT personal immortality, which makes no sense to me. Unification of mind-stuff resolving into a "storehouse consciousness," Christ Consciousness, Clear Light of the Void, etc. is conceivable. Individual existence perishes. No ghosts punching anyone in the shoulder. Consciousness confined to an astral body, a ghost that is attached to a location in both the Physical and Astral worlds (like the film Beetlejuice), would be a Hell-Realm, but it would be time-bound, not eternal (til the sun goes nova and earth incinerated). Of course there is that film Ghost, where an astral plane is a layover for either the higher Causal plane or a lower astral Hell. If Hell is eternal, it would have to be God as experienced by the unprepared 'soul' (God is defined as the only eternal verity). If Hells are created, they can't be eternal. But these are just my thoughts on your comment, which was no doubt just tongue-in-cheek anyway. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: fivepointer] * 1
    #22979003 - 03/06/16 11:29 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

Eternal damnation is what everyone deserves, some get what they don't deserve, grace and salvation. 

Why does everyone deserve eternal damnation?

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #22979091 - 03/06/16 12:10 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

Eternal damnation is what everyone deserves, some get what they don't deserve, grace and salvation. 

Nothing is more damning than seeing 'the light'.  Seems getting positive is the most revealing.  People just have different opinions on what is positive and the way to it.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: fivepointer]
    #22979098 - 03/06/16 12:11 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
If you are going to criticize Christianity at least come to an understanding of basic Christian doctrine.  Your assertions of people trying to avoid hell by actions of merit proves it.  Salvation is despite what someone does.  Sinners have nothing to bring to the table, they come empty.  A Christian will never believe they can avoid hell by good deeds.  No deeds obtain or maintain salvation, it is all of grace.  Also no Christian wishes someone to go to hell.  Eternal damnation is what everyone deserves, some get what they don't deserve, grace and salvation.  Only the supernatural action of God can convert and place faith, repentance and the Holy Spirit into a person.  The will of man does not control any aspect of salvation.

All that proves is that the religion was pointless to begin with.  If salvation was always there and just required a name.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: Morel Guy]
    #22979146 - 03/06/16 12:27 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Clear Light of the Void

:yesnod:

:namaste:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22979169 - 03/06/16 12:33 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

I actually have found a lot of fulfillment with having a void or mindlessness.  Not mind that has no sense.  Just having mind that isn't busy with bullshit (like religion or other 'pursuits').  I enjoy activities and having mind because mind is something that I cannot lose.  Having mind that loses parts of itself is bad at times, good at other times.

I think it's all very complicated.  I hear Osho talk about mindlessness and just being filled with bliss or fulfillment of having experience.  It's all rather simple, just simply being.

Offlineakira_akuma

#22979221 - 03/06/16 12:48 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

it's actually really simple after you empty your mind, to maintain that mindfulness/mindlessness.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #22979734 - 03/06/16 03:27 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

The race is condemned as a result of the first transgression and Fall of man, the nature of man changed in the Fall.  God hates all unrighteousness and will punish it.  All sin is punished, either on the person themselves, or through Jesus in the atonement.  Jesus was imputed with the sins of all those He came to save, paid the price for them, and gives them reconciliation with God.

Offlinefivepointer
    #22979749 - 03/06/16 03:32 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
All that proves is that the religion was pointless to begin with.  If salvation was always there and just required a name.

People are not saved outside the gospel being believed and the person being converted, The Holy Spirit being given to reside with the person.

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: fivepointer] * 1
    #22979774 - 03/06/16 03:39 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

God hates all unrighteousness and will punish it.

yeah, except his own unrighteousness doings! Just like the tyrants we know about. Rigght now war criminals are walking free, running countries, doing lectures where they earn thousands of notes, and yet someone who grows a cannabis plant gets their house raided and thrown in a cell.
Your 'God' is a tyrant, made up BY tyrants and their sycophants, and people like you push this propaganda to other slaves of this tyranny down the line. In-doctrin-ation. That is what it boils down to.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #22979838 - 03/06/16 03:59 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

The race is condemned as a result of the first transgression and Fall of man, the nature of man changed in the Fall.  God hates all unrighteousness and will punish it.  All sin is punished, either on the person themselves, or through Jesus in the atonement.  Jesus was imputed with the sins of all those He came to save, paid the price for them, and gives them reconciliation with God.

This is Old Testament dictation which was suggestive of an imperfect demiurge and not an omnipotent God, which was suggested out of mans own preoccupation of sin.

God punishes, nor hates nothing. These are earthly expressions of sin which pertain to mankind.

Mans punishment is to himself, since without repentance he is in slavery to himself and the world.

Man was made in the image of God as a creator. We create what we will.

Atonement is ascension or rebirth (back into self punishment).

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#22979841 - 03/06/16 04:00 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

People are not saved outside the gospel being believed and the person being converted, The Holy Spirit being given to reside with the person.

That is because people were murdered for not believing much like Muslims do today.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: I am so sick and tired of Christianity [Re: zzripz]
    #22979915 - 03/06/16 04:26 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

God hates all unrighteousness and will punish it.

yeah, except his own unrighteousness doings! Just like the tyrants we know about. Rigght now war criminals are walking free, running countries, doing lectures where they earn thousands of notes, and yet someone who grows a cannabis plant gets their house raided and thrown in a cell.
Your 'God' is a tyrant, made up BY tyrants and their sycophants, and people like you push this propaganda to other slaves of this tyranny down the line. In-doctrin-ation. That is what it boils down to.

God by definition in totally righteous in every action.  You can not compare fallen man with God.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag