Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
! [Re: SirDabsAlot] * 1
    #22974760 - 03/05/16 05:01 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Really, thats why Monosanto so desperately tried to jail Serlani for his research linking GMO's to cancerous growths in rats.

Monsanto never tried to jail Séralini - what gave you that idea? 

Did you just make that up, or did someone lie to you?

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
How come a court sided with a researcher? His research points to GMO's being cancerous, something even the court of law couldnt deny.

That is not what happened at all.  Séralini sued two journalists that accused him of scientific fraud.  The court did not weigh in on the merit of Séralini's research - they ruled that he was pretty much incompetent and therefore it was libel to call his shoddy work scientific fraud.  This caused him to win his libel lawsuit against the journalists. 

To say that the court validated Séralini's GMO research could not be further from the truth.

Quote:

Alan has an obvious bias towards this because of his field of work

I am biased towards Monsanto because I give talks about Psilocybe and mushroom hunting for a living?  You can't be serious.

Quote:

His casual meddling with genetics isnt proof that its harmlessness.

You have no understanding of what I wrote.  I read DNA, I don't edit it.  I don't get paid to read DNA, I have to pay to do it.  It costs me $7 per mushroom because I do my own lab work, and its worth every penny.

Quote:

GMO's have been shown to cause cancer, theres no denying that.

Wait, actually the opposite is true!  What made you think that GMO's have been shown to cause cancer?  Source?

But don't take my word for it - here is what the World Health Organization says:

http://www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/food-technology/faq-genetically-modified-food/en/

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Pris can cry all he wants, the fact is the court of law decided research into the cancerous properties of GMOS was undeniable to them. Fuck whatever bullshit he's spouting. Thats a ruling of law.

You have no idea what the court said.  Look it up.

Quote:

SirDabsAlot said:
Also, prisoner and alan, you guys are aware that corruption still exists, right?
How do you guys feel about corruption hm?

Corruption exists and should be meticulously investigated and vigorously prosecuted.

What does corruption have to do with anything that has so far been mentioned in this thread?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSirDabsAlot
Stranger
Re: ! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #22974776 - 03/05/16 05:14 AM (8 years, 25 days ago)

Oh nothing. Trust Monsanto. Trust government god.

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: SirDabsAlot]
    #22974890 - 03/05/16 06:58 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

I'm ready for him to say something along the lines of "The holocaust never happened and corruption is only in the Middle East."

:guiltyascharged:

edit: he already replied :guiltyascharged:

--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Kush_Zombie (03/05/16 06:59 AM)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #22974921 - 03/05/16 07:35 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

The court of law also found that OJ was innocent, followed by the civil court of law finding him responsible. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #22975027 - 03/05/16 08:50 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

The court ruled in his favour. I know you have a pre-existing bias because you think toying with genetics is completely harmless. That court ruling only serves to drives home the harm it could do.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: ! [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #22975038 - 03/05/16 08:56 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

It can also be extremely benefical. Gene therapy in humans, for example, is extremely promising. Are there dangers, yes....but you can't live in fear if you're to progress. Boundaries need to be pushed. That's a big part of science. We can continue to move forward, or we can stagnate.

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: ! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #22975063 - 03/05/16 09:01 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Thats true but I dont think corporations can adequately meet those needs, or operate safely. All it takes is one bull shit alteration slipping out into the ecosystem and bad things start to happen. You're playing a game with extremely high costs, its not crazy to demand safety with these actions.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #22975174 - 03/05/16 09:40 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
How come a court sided with a researcher? His research points to GMO's being cancerous, something even the court of law couldnt deny. Alan has an obvious bias towards this because of his field of work. His casual meddling with genetics isnt proof that its harmlessness. GMO's have been shown to cause cancer, theres no denying that.

Winning a defamation suit Monsanto filed against him in no way validates his research.

--------------------

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #22978274 - 03/06/16 02:59 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

On 6 November 2015, after a criminal investigation lasting three years, the 17th Criminal Chamber of the High Court of Paris found Marianne magazine (which said that Seralini produced a “scientific fraud”), and its journalist guilty and they were fined for public defamation of a public official and public defamation of the researchers and of CRIIGEN, which is chaired by Dr Joel Spiroux de Vendômois.

The trial brought out that the original author of the fraud accusation, (before Marianne), was the American lobbyist Henry I. Miller in Forbes magazine.

Miller had previously lobbied to discredit research linking tobacco to cancer and heart disease on behalf of the tobacco industry. Since then he has tried to do the same in support of GMOs and pesticides, through defamation.

http://www.gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/16557-seralini-s-team-and-criigen-win-two-court-cases-about-their-research-on-toxicity-of-gmos-and-pesticides

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

#22978277 - 03/06/16 03:03 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
That is not what happened at all.  Séralini sued two journalists that accused him of scientific fraud.  The court did not weigh in on the merit of Séralini's research - they ruled that he was pretty much incompetent and therefore it was libel to call his shoddy work scientific fraud.  This caused him to win his libel lawsuit against the journalists.

Source? And I'd like to see the actual court ruling -- not a 3rd party interpretation.

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Re: ! [Re: endogenous]
    #22978294 - 03/06/16 03:16 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

On 25 November 2015, the High Court of Paris indicted Marc Fellous, former chairman of France’s Biomolecular Engineering Commission, for “forgery" and “the use of forgery”, in the original libel trial that he lost to Prof Gilles-Eric Séralini. The Biomolecular Engineering Commission has authorised many GM crops for consumption.

In the 1st article (that I quoted previously) it says that Fellous is expected to be sentenced in June 2016, so it seems that he was found guilty.

http://www.gmwatch.org/news/latest-news/16557-seralini-s-team-and-criigen-win-two-court-cases-about-their-research-on-toxicity-of-gmos-and-pesticides

--------------------

Edited by endogenous (03/06/16 03:23 AM)

InvisibleSirDabsAlot
Stranger
    #22978719 - 03/06/16 09:50 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Edited by SirDabsAlot (03/06/16 10:06 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: endogenous]
    #22978876 - 03/06/16 10:47 AM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

endogenous said:
On 6 November 2015, after a criminal investigation lasting three years, the 17th Criminal Chamber of the High Court of Paris found Marianne magazine (which said that Seralini produced a “scientific fraud”), and its journalist guilty and they were fined for public defamation of a public official and public defamation of the researchers and of CRIIGEN, which is chaired by Dr Joel Spiroux de Vendômois.

The trial brought out that the original author of the fraud accusation, (before Marianne), was the American lobbyist Henry I. Miller in Forbes magazine.

Miller had previously lobbied to discredit research linking tobacco to cancer and heart disease on behalf of the tobacco industry. Since then he has tried to do the same in support of GMOs and pesticides, through defamation.

None of that validates his research.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #22979109 - 03/06/16 12:16 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Pris can cry all he wants, the fact is the court of law decided research into the cancerous properties of GMOS was undeniable to them. Fuck whatever bullshit he's spouting. Thats a ruling of law.

so you're saying that courts now decide what causes cancer and what does not

it's a good thing that anti-science has won out once again

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: ! [Re: SirDabsAlot] * 1
    #22979118 - 03/06/16 12:19 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

SirDabsAlot said:
Why are more and more countries banning GMOs?

marijuana must be extremely harmful, it probably causes brain damage, retardation,
cancer and makes you rape the white wimmins, surely if it wasnt super dangerous
the POLITICIANS would not have banned it on virtually every country on this planet
with a large number of those countries using the death penalty for people
smuggling it.... yes, the marijuanas are that dangerous

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #22979121 - 03/06/16 12:20 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Bodhi, do you know how science works?

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Fuck monsanto, put em all in prison and make them drink roundup! [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #22979127 - 03/06/16 12:21 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Bodhi is currently incommunicado in the Pub.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract