Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: my old life is over.... [Re: ]
    #2301728 - 02/04/04 04:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah you can definitely expect pretty intense cravings for a while, since you have had cravings and haven't satisfied them so they kind or build up, but after a while you will forget about it. Also I guarantee you, after 3 or 4 weeks of not smoking, you'll feel great, you'll dream more, and you will be able to think easier. I know from experience. I dont have time to smoke while im in school so I do it over the summer, and its rough for a while when school starts, but once I get back to normal Im glad I stopped. So at least you have something to look forward to. Trust me, you will feel great in a matter of time.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2301798 - 02/04/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wish the best of luck to you man. I had been smoking daily for about two years and i finally took a break (only a week) and I must say i feel so much better. Ive smoked since then, but with more respect for the substance than before. I feel like MJ taught me things about myself and taking a break allowed me to internalize that information and think through it with a clear mind...don't know if its the same for you. Insomnia was horrible for me but I had so much extra engery i didn't even notice. I was also sweating like a mofo but by day 4 that cleared up, nice and purged i guess.

Ive also thought about taking anti-depressants but something about a magical pill that provides a quick-fix to all my problems rubs me the wrong way. Ive always been told "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is": Im pretty sure that applies to those meds as well. Besides, figuring out myself is half the fun in living, right?

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Anonymous #2

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: TheDude]
    #2301829 - 02/04/04 05:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think the impression of being a quick fix is misinterpreted, its not, it may not make you more positive, but it can make you less negative.

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #2304677 - 02/05/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1st- I will consume the acid, that is no longer a problem. :thumbup:

jk but on a serious note, you should really REALLY moderate your alcohol intake. It's quite common for people to switch from one addiction to the next. Pretty soon your alcohol tolerance will be up and you'll have to consume more than 1 or 2 to catch a buzz. The next thing you know you're putting down a six pack every night while your roomie is burnin on a pipe.

Quitting pot is a bitch man. Like you've said, you will be extremely moody and irritated. For me, small things that normally wouldn't piss me off- DO. Also, I tend to over react while im withdrawing from pot.

You may or may not agree with this method, but say a prayer everynight before you go to bed asking that God will help you with your craving tomorrow and thank him for helping today. Sounds cheap but it's worked for me.

I am not a believer in meds all the time and I think that you've come quite a long way in so short of time with your use and knowlege with drugs. All this effort put into drug knowledge that you may not want in your life anymore makes it hard to turn your back on it. However, this is when you need to seriously sit down and think about what drugs have done for you in a positive way and use it to fuel yourself back to sobriety.

As for alcoholism not being apart of your family. In my opinion it doesnt matter. Every human is vulnerable to addiction. It is the individuals personality that determines that, not only their genetics but I'm sure you understand.

You've got much to live for my friend, hope all goes well with your therapy.

Anonymous #1

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: Twista]
    #2305119 - 02/05/04 01:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I will gladly give you the acid. :thumbup: :ooo: :tongue:

your right about being irriatable.. I have been the biggest dick yesterday and I couldn't control my emotion at all... I am not scared about alcohol addiction because I really don't like aclohol... I didn't drink to get drunk those times.. I usually will have one for a social thing..

you know me good twista, I am not one to take prescription meds..in fact I don't even like taking asprin, but this is something I need to do and finally try to help my problems I had before I did any drugs..

oh and don't get me wrong, I love drugs and I will always think of them in a positive way.  I don't think drugs hurt me mentally at all.  In fact without the drugs I have taken, I would have never figured out what my passion in life is.  I am still going to grow.. that is something that has helped me get through depression in my life.  I just wont take them anymore...I think my friends are going to love me now. :wink:

I have been thinking that if the lexapro doesn't work.. I might try using low doses of mescaline to help out... since that is used to help with addiction(alcohol) and to increase happieness with one's self.  and by reading the way it works in the brain it looks like it would work in a similar way to anti depressants.

I will pray, I think I have left God out of my life for sometime now, I think it might be time to find myself again.

peace

zerohero

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2305971 - 02/05/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hey zerohero!

I hope you are feeling better. Good luck on your decision to stop doing drugs. Perhaps one day you will find a perfect balance.  :rocket:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: my old life is over.... [Re: daba]
    #2306362 - 02/05/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What's your therapist like? do you feel they are actually helping or just quoting out of their textbooks?

do a happy dance zero

Anonymous #1

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: Oook]
    #2306868 - 02/05/04 09:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I need a happy fuckin joint! :ooo: but I am not going too... :frown:

My anger level are rising...I can't think straight...I seem to be forgeting more now, then when I smoked pot..

my therapist is nice... we didn't talk much but she seems to be good.  the first session we made wrote down my family tree and discussed my goals that I want to accomplish there.... 

[internal thought]I just want to get on meds, I want my life to be "normal" like everyone that I talk to in person. I really dont' care anymore...I feel like shit ever day and for what...I almost think its not worth anything.  These meds have to work...[/internal thought]

I am sorry for the rant... i need to write down my internal thoughts sometimes so I can reflect on them later.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2306971 - 02/05/04 09:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've never personally had a problem becoming irritated from not smoking, but I've seen it happen to many of my friends when they stop smoking. They seem really pissed off for a few days. I would recommend just heavy, heavy excersize so that you exhaust yourself and that may make you have a lesser tendency to become angry. You are probably angry since you are stressed out since you may not be used to dealing with stress without the reefer. Also try things like going out in nature. Im not sure where you live, but if its nice out this could help. Also maybe write down your thoughts. Its hard not to be angry sometimes, and another thing that may cause anger is frustration, you just need to find ways to vent these feelings that dont involve drugs or other people. I still think the best thing to do is tire yourself out. You'll have endorphins going through you which will make you feel good, and you will just be more mellow. Hopefully you will find something that works, just stick with it and after a while you won't be so irratable.

--------------------

InvisibleLeViTY
I missed theark.

Loc: CA
    #2307256 - 02/05/04 11:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm so glad you took my advice.

And I can't wait till you move out here! It's gonna be a partay!

Anonymous #1

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: LeViTY]
    #2307437 - 02/06/04 12:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol :grin: yeah a partay... you make my day. :tongue:

Anonymous #1

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #2307490 - 02/06/04 12:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks so much.. you word have helped me out so much. :laugh: :sun:

I feel better, but I am drunk now... I smoked some cigs to calm me down.... so I feel beter now.. I know its not the answer but its the only think I can do to deal with this.. I am goign to havea  serious talk with my therapist abou getting me on lexapro soon.  I don't want to be addicted to legal drugs either.  I have drank that last 9 out of 10 days.. which is so unlike me.... I have only been drunk 2 of those days and have only felt a buzz 2 of those days...the other five I just had a beer or so.  I think I am in order but like I said.. I am a little drunk ATM....

peace

zerohero

OfflineOook
Oook!

#2308119 - 02/06/04 09:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

gah being pissed on your own really sucks, i nearly walked 7 miles home today just to clear my head. Well in the end I walked half the way cos i couldnt figure out where the path along the river continued(probly just aswell)

Zero you heard people say things will get better before? Well let me tell you it really is true, if you feel suicidal things really cannot get that much worse(unless you do it) Get some of that lexapro shit tho man, when it started working it was almost like waves of euphoria hitting me bcos it was such a contrast to how I'd felt for so long.

Anonymous #1

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: Oook]
    #2309312 - 02/06/04 04:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the lexapro sounds like something i am looking for...do you take lexapro for life or its a temp thing? I don't know much about them but from what I have read most ppl only take it for 6 months to a year and then they should be better suited to handle life on thee own. I always think of it as training wheels, once you are ready they let you go to live without the drugs to constantly make you happy.

the thing about me is that, i want to be naturally happy I dont' want to have extreme moods of happieness to sadness...I am afraid to even meet ppl until I get "normal" or "regular". I am just to much of a burden on the people with my crazy mood swings. I don't like it either that they have to deal with my mood swings or that they have to be around them...

so how long has everyone been taking lexapro? From what I read it takes about a month to fully work. I will be doing some research on it.

thanks guys!

I appreciate you guys and gals responding to the thread.. I want to keep it alive and when I come home from work, its nice to see that post are they to back me up or give me advice. Its something I don't know how I would live without it.

Anonymous #2

#2310397 - 02/06/04 11:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

when i first started taking paxil for the 2nd time, it worked pretty fast, wich i'm sure was placebo, but i was soo happy to finally be on paxil again, its kinda the fact i was having paxil to help me that made me happy and excited.

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #2312214 - 02/07/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflineOook
Oook!

Re: my old life is over.... [Re: Alien]
    #2312428 - 02/07/04 05:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Zero the lexapro will take about a month to kick in, the full affects are seen after at least four months of use. You will feel fine after a month but after about four they are meant to have more effect on things like anxiety(which is still with me)

I have been taking it for about 3 months now, it's just annoying that in the last couple of weeks stuff has been happening to ruin my mood.

Exercising will help a lot as most doctors will tell you, I went for a workout at the gym earlier and it made me feel really good.

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: ]
    #2312842 - 02/07/04 08:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anonymous #1

#2317731 - 02/09/04 12:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks guys.. I am going to look into the naturopaths and see if they are reconized by my insurance company..

I am doing better.. I dont' have the cravings for pot as much and each day is getting easier...I have been smoking cigs on the weekend and drinking then too. it seems to help curve my cravings but I am afraid I will start a new one... I don't crave for cigs at all though... so maybe I am just a weekend partier instead of partying every day.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2317841 - 02/09/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

quit the cigs now before you regret smoking any, and now that i've said this, your gonna smoke anyway. :stoned:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies