Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Anyone Here Seen Chicago the Musical
    #2297061 - 02/03/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well Sunday evening, I and a friend went tot he Paramount theater to see Chicago. It was pretty cool except for the fact they ran out of buinoculatrs so i could not see facial expressions of the peopl on the stage. They also had three numbers which were excluded form the movie version, which was a grat movie.

In the play, Tom Wopat from the Dukes of hazzard played the Billy Flynn lawyer role which Richard Gere played in the movie. The cast was rather stiff on the small paramount stage and did not move around or dnace like int he movie where space was great. The girl who played the Queen Latifa role of Matron Morton had a really strong voice but was stiff as a board while singing it.

The Roxie Hart role played by Renee Zellwiger in the movie was played by a Spanish Girl, Bianca Marroquin. Unfortunately, the play on Broadway right now stars Gretchen Moll as Roxie Hart.

Velma Kelly was played by Reva Rice.

Later that I Night i read the program to see who the cast was and found that most of the cast had already done this play on Broadway.

Razzle Dazzle had 5 minutes of contiuous cl glitter falling from the top of the stage and there were some lines in the play that were not in the movie.

The role of the female news reporter Mary Sunshine was performed by a man, R. Bean who you did not know it was a man until near the end of the court trial.

He was wearing womens dresses throoughout the play and sang two operettas and it was a surprise whent he lawyer defending Roxie Hart said, "nothing is as it seems." and with that R. Bean threw off his wig to reveal his true identity.

Of course in the movie the role was played by a female.,

Int he progream booklet it said he performed the role for four years on Broadway.

All in all it was a great experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media