Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
From Within
    #2296577 - 02/03/04 06:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

So many people spend all their lives searching for peace, happiness and contentment...

When all they really had to do...was search within themselves....make peace within themselves.

Racist people will never be happy with the world until they find it within themselves to accept everybody's differences...

Homophobes will never truly be content with the world or with themselves..until they learn to become (sexually or otherwise) secure within themselves..and thus accepting of people who prefer to date the opposite sex...

People who are hateful towards the mentally retarded or Down Syndrome-sufferers, will never truly be happy or content with them until they find it within themselves to realize that their hate stems from a personal insecurity.

People who dislike kids will never truly be happy to the fullest extent because there will always be kids in the world today...So until they grasp that they must look within themselves to see why they really hate kids...and absolve the insecurity...they will hinder their spiritual growth.

If you dont love yourself in a certain aspect, you won't love it in others.

It's often the propensity to see ourselves in the subject that causes us to exert negative emotion and dislikes towards the person. Because we see a part of ourselves that we WISH we could be but can't be because you're afraid of disproval. So then you invert your depression towards yourself which then becomes anger.

If you're open minded and non-judgmental to yourself, then you will also be to other people at least in all the areas and aspects that you extend the same courtesy to in yourself.

People's dislikes, and negative attitudes and opinions are REFLECTIONS from within themselves.

It all essentially boils down to learning and excercising non-judgmentality and open-mindedness..
To be accepting of everybody's differences,

But you must first extend the respect within yourself, which will then allow you to be far more happier and content with yourself and thus your life and the world around you...because after that..extending the same respect to the world already comes naturally.

Ever since I've learned that erroneous judging perpetuates negativity,
I have practiced (and still do everyday to this day) being non-judgmental and open-minded, and accepting of everybody's differences and so forth....
But fortunately, in the beginning, I learned rather quickly that I must first start within myself, before I can expect to extend the same courtesy to the world around me..

And ever since then I've even surprised myself at how many negative judgments we're so quick to make that are completely unnecessary, and unfortunately most of which goes unnoticed by most people who make them...but everytime I do think a negative thought (which stems from a hangover due to the time when I was brainwashed by society into a stereotype-believing negativity-perpetuating ape) I simply become aware of it and correct it with a neutral yet positive thought. Of course, I don't expect to reach perfection or anything, mind you...But I can practice and thus program a far more beneficial and healthier habit of being non-judgmental, open-minded, and accepting within myself, and the differences in the world around me...

But, that's just me.  :nut:

That's all...

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: From Within [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2296595 - 02/03/04 06:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2296614 - 02/03/04 07:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
But, that's just me.  :nut:

And me. :wink:

Seriously though, you are starting to sound a lot like me.  :eek:

And you are right, man. It is amusing, because people will find something that is existing in the world that they do not agree with, or maybe a situation that isn't going "their way", and they argue with the fact that it is existing or that it isn't going their way in their mind.

Its like, "damn it, my tire went flat!", and then they get all emotionally upset over it, constantly dwelling on negativity... well, the tire is still flat, it has already happened, you can't go back in time and somehow prevent it from going flat, so why the negative shit?

Suffering is needless.  :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Loc: Newfoundland
    #2296644 - 02/03/04 07:34 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hear Hear!!!

Nice words, brother.
This post deserves 5 mushrooms

First love and accept yourself...then the universal flow of love will fill you up and you will find it easy to be loving and accepting of others.

respect
j

--------------------
I am another yourself

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2296826 - 02/03/04 08:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

>> But you must first extend the respect within yourself

This is the key to enabling outward patience, outward acceptance, outward empathy. Before these things can be outwardly authentic, they must be inwardly authentic. One hundred percent of the negativity we impose on others is rooted in our inability to accept and be patient with our own faults.

Without extending compassion inward, extending compassion outward becomes an enormously exhausting task.

When our mind informs us that we have encountered a fault in an individual, we should be mindful of the opportunity to examine this same fault in ourselves. The degree that we feel aversion toward someone displaying a fault is the degree to which we ourselves are aware of the same fault in ourselves.

I'd encourage us all to try an experiment. Think of somebody whom you feel a great deal of aversion toward, somebody whom you find to be intolerably annoying. It may be a co-worker, or our boss, a parent, or our best friend's significant other, whomever. Each time we encounter that individual, we can use it as an opportunity to examine the way our mind works. The moment that twinge of annoyance begins to arise, that's our cue. What do we see that's causing us to feel this inner tension? If we can't come with an answer at first, that's fine. Have patience.

We might discover a myriad of faults in that person. Look carefully. Can these same faults be applied -- to any degree -- to our own self? Can we remember a time when we might have exhibited these same faults to others? Why do these faults appear so glaring to me, while the faults of another individual might seem relatively minor? Is it possible that any of this tension could have originated on my own side? Why do other people find the faults of other individuals completely intolerable, but find it easy to overlook the faults I see in this individual?

The more we ask these questions, the more we will discover the answers. With time, our hard view of our chosen individual will soften. If they begin appearing to us like a cherished and delightful friend to whom we would offer any needed help, we have greatly purified our view of that individual. Now we can select another individual. Or two. Or ten.

The more we use uncomfortable outward appearances to examine our inner experiences, the more our happiness will increase.

Great post, Skorpvio.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2296852 - 02/03/04 09:03 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"You must be the change that you wish to see in the world"
-Ghandi

Anonymous

Re: From Within [Re: Ped]
    #2297153 - 02/03/04 11:37 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: From Within [Re: ]
    #2297176 - 02/03/04 11:45 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do you know, I've always considered this stuff? It's a very.. interesting approach- which tends to stay in particular cultures

half of those work the other way around for me- praise for example

praise- how does appreciation reflect in to this? A child living without praise toils and learns to find his own praise. Later in life, praise is truly appreciated- those who have always grown with it have had no lack of it and do not know what living without praise really means- the same works for everything

A child is a mirror of sorts, and your idea reflects this to a good extent- but even children can break out of such loops

Anonymous

#2297199 - 02/03/04 11:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2298097 - 02/03/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I like the thing about the mirrors. Does that mean that childhood is potluck, meaning some people are lucky to be exposed to postive influences as a child while others are not? Also, (especially on the topic of abuse) you talk a lot about these "gifts that keep on giving." Do you think it is possible for people to overcome these things, is that what you mean by "Our jobs as adults is to break the loops we were exposed to as a child?"?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Anonymous

Re: From Within [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2298211 - 02/03/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

User Gallery

#2299662 - 02/04/04 04:42 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

MM: If I want more peace in the world
Then I must make peace with myself
If I want more trust in the world
Then I've got to trust in myself
If I want more love in the world
I must show more love to myself

Exactly.. :thumbup:
And I find your mirror analogy interesting, and it's true..I agree.
But often people would look at the live I've lived during my childhood and then look at me today, and go "damn".
In a good way, of course. :wink:

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: From Within [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2299664 - 02/04/04 04:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Seriously though, you are starting to sound a lot like me.

Until I start saying Peace at the end of my posts...I wouldn't worry about our similitude, hehe :wink:

Peace.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: From Within [Re: Ped]
    #2299671 - 02/04/04 04:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Ped...Thank you. :heart:
You put it very magniloquent and articulately as always...
And I consider that test you speak of, an actual habit I'm always working on...to perpetuate, that is....it's amazing how much it does to the tints, tones, and shades of your life. :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2299783 - 02/04/04 07:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2299790 - 02/04/04 07:12 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Seriously though, you are starting to sound a lot like me.

Until I start saying Peace at the end of my posts...I wouldn't worry about our similitude, hehe :wink:
Peace.

*starts using red signature lines*

:grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale