Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Waste of a life
    #2295631 - 02/02/04 09:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was in court today and while I was waiting for my case to be called, a handcuffed woman was brought into court and sentenced to 90 days.

When the judge asked her if she was deserving of "credit" for time served, the woman said, flippantly, that it didn't matter whether she would get credit for time served because she was about to start a 16 month sentence on another conviction.

I realize that "16 months" is not a long time, compared to some of the sentences others get, such as when they murder someone.

But it was still depressing to listen to her get sentenced. She had a flip attitude, as if being in prison was no big deal. What a waste of a life, at this point.

The way I see life....

Even if we are here a second, third, or hundredth, time, it's an opportunity to learn and to do whatever it is that we were meant to be here to do.

Some of us get it, and others of us don't.

Why do some of us get bogged down into making the wrong choices, and others of us make the right choices?

Supposedly, we are composed of all the memories of past lives, but the memories of what we learned in those past lives disappear when we are born.

But even though we don't remember our lessons from past lives, and even though we don't remember or know why we are born again into the present life, we still have that memory inside of us. We are the composite of all the wisdom that we have compiled.

We have the capacity to draw on the memories and make better choices in this life, even if those choices are hard.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Waste of a life [Re: Frog]
    #2296109 - 02/03/04 12:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

heh, the majority of people are not as in tune with themselves as you may be.

their education is lacking as well.

We are all here, regardless, and we are all part of a system that has been generated over years of human suffering, achievement, death, sacrifice, and risks.

What is "right" and what is "wrong" is only up to speed as much as our system has adapted to the people that have advanced within that system.

Karma can still work here, but it doesnt mean that other people who are not in jail cant make decisions either. Their are plenty of people in high places (which i think) who do not consider other people or issues beyond their limited view.

Open mindedness isnt the biggest thing in america. Sure we have the right to be, but many people just do what they think should be done, work, have babies and consume, and enjoy their little neck of the world. Most of these people do not consider other problems, therefor they do not consider their actions.

While many people say that that is not "wrong", im going to say that that is not right either. As so much as i have learned, i feel it is my  personal  obligation to look outside of myself, to see the world as it is, and not just what it means to me.

Sure this could seem like i would be contradicting myself, given that it is from  my  point of view. But i really dont want to debate that, it would kind of defeat the purpose for me writing it.

For people in prison, it seems like they dont care, that is just their life, that is the world that they know. Maybe if they knew of things outside of them, they could spend more time changing the system which they have come into confrontation with, instead of becoming a convict, or unproductive member of society.

Many times people do things that are not always looked on in the eyes of the law as things that would become of a socially productive person.

They killed Jesus, he was trying to do the right thing, but the romans saw him as being a heretic? So they killed him. His own people turned on him.

I dont find our society to be too far from the same position, at least here in america. we cant even smoke pot! Damn, its just an herb! Being responsible replies to every area of life, not just drugs, people are going to make bad choices with or without them.

This isnt meant to be some sort of really tied together kind of thing. But i hope you can extract my view point from it.

But i see what your saying, and sometimes it is sad to see people waste away in jail.

My cousin for instance is in jail in california right now because he made a stupid mistake to make home made fireworks, and get pulled over for some reason. They thought he was trying to make a bomb, and sitting out a 6 years sentence, getting out soon hopefully.

Hes spent a large portion, almost half his life in jail, a wonderful guy, great artists, hes just had a shitty life and was mis directed.

Thats the problem with institutional systems, they only serve on a mass scale, and do not consider the invdividual. Its a real shit ass mess.
------
Hope your doin well joe  :heart:

--------------------
What?

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Waste of a life [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2296500 - 02/03/04 05:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jail doesn't have to be a waste of time or life, though. Life (to me) is about learning and enjoying the moment. There are bound to be times when prisoners can take a longer stroll through the court yard, which could lead to a great moment, given the circumstances. Incarceration can teach people a lesson. Not so much on whether the system itself functions, but on how to prevent oneself from winding up in the can again. Some people might never learn, but don't feel bad about it. You can try to help someone all they want, but until they realise they need help they can't be helped.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Anonymous

#2296530 - 02/03/04 06:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Waste of a life [Re: ]
    #2297711 - 02/03/04 02:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know, but you can use this one to abuse yourself  :nut: < --- Thats me!  :grin:

--------------------
What?

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2297963 - 02/03/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes it's not a choice. I'm more than likely going to serve time due to my inability to pay for drug testing, leading to a violation of my probation. The only things that are really going to change are my clothing, where i sleep, and the fact that i have to worry about the people around me rather than my bills.
It's up to the person who's doing the time as to wether or not its wasted.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2298003 - 02/03/04 03:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Which instant smileys can be used to abuse someone?

physically or mentally?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Anonymous

Re: Waste of a life [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2298068 - 02/03/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2298114 - 02/03/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I guess they all could be used for abuse.  People are always sticking  :syringe: into people's  :heartpump: and I'm all like  :wtf:?  They hide behind  :cool:, and as they  :lol: on the outside, on the inside they are  :sad:.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Anonymous

Re: Waste of a life [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2298152 - 02/03/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2298403 - 02/03/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think life can be "wasted" unless one is referring to overconsumption of beer.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineblackroselove
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: WYO Flag
    #2298776 - 02/03/04 08:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frog said:

Even if we are here a second, third, or hundredth, time, it's an opportunity to learn and to do whatever it is that we were meant to be here to do.

Some of us get it, and others of us don't.  .

The way I see it.The soul will keep coming back, over and over. In any way, shape or form, until we have learned what we need to know or have done what we were meant to do.

:eyemouth:BRL

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Waste of a life [Re: blackroselove]
    #2300451 - 02/04/04 11:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Zero7a1: As so much as i have learned, i feel it is my personal obligation to look outside of myself, to see the world as it is, and not just what it means to me.

The way my brain works, I cannot see outside my own little world too easily sometimes, but I figure if I do what?s right for people with whom I come into contact, then that will better the world through that person, or contact, or event, rather than if I did something bad, or evil.  Does that make sense? 

I don?t have the capacity, a lot of times, to step outside myself and see what?s going on.  My world is very small, mostly.  But I know my actions reverberate though out the Universe, so I want to be careful what I do so that I don?t fuck up.  I don?t want it all to come back at me, in the form of karma.  That?s not the only reason I try to be good, but it?s a good one.

Alan Stone:  Jail doesn't have to be a waste of time or life, though. Life (to me) is about learning and enjoying the moment. There are bound to be times when prisoners can take a longer stroll through the court yard, which could lead to a great moment, given the circumstances. Incarceration can teach people a lesson. Not so much on whether the system itself functions, but on how to prevent oneself from winding up in the can again. Some people might never learn, but don't feel bad about it. You can try to help someone all they want, but until they realise they need help they can't be helped.

I agree that sometimes jail is the Universe?s way of getting someone?s attention.  Some people learn while they are in jail, and others don?t.  And even when someone learns a lesson, they get out of jail and the memory of that lesson remains behind and they go back to doing what they were doing before. 

Mr Mushrooms:  Which instant smileys can be used to abuse someone?

Probably any of them.  I?ll bet you can write a sarcastic response and add any of those smileys and abuse someone in that matter.  Or, you can be extremely sensitive and imagine that a smiley is being used to abuse.  I suppose it can be intended or imagined, from each direction.

Randolph Carter:  It's up to the person who's doing the time as to wether or not its wasted.

I agree with this.  If I was going to jail, which could happen, since I didn?t take care of a couple of tickets and they went to warrant, and my license was suspended, and driving on a suspended license has an automatic jail term (hehe), I would find stuff to do in jail to pass the time.  I would learn a language, or find a really long, boring, philosophy book to read.  :grin:

blackroselove:  The soul will keep coming back, over and over. In any way, shape or form, until we have learned what we need to know or have done what we were meant to do.

Right.  But as Zero said, and I believe, many people are here without an understanding of why they are here, and they don?t try to understand, they just live.  Which is fine, but yes, they will be back.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom