Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMeetMeInEleusis
employee,ministry oftruth

Loc: atop an isolated mountain...
Re: Alice in Wonderland *DELETED* [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2275738 - 01/26/04 07:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by MeetMeInEleusis

Reason for deletion: /.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Alice in Wonderland [Re: MeetMeInEleusis]
    #2282177 - 01/28/04 10:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

A lot of varying opinions have been presented about Alice in Wonderland but I would have to agree that the most comment is a satire on the politics of the time. I have also heard that all it was was a story for his niece or family friend.

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Alice in Wonderland [Re: EnlightenedFreak]
    #2286646 - 01/30/04 09:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

PErsonally I think the original story was in referance to drugs, coded in some way. I'm not to sure, but in the disney version she wakes up realizing the whole adventure was a dream. The writer of the original version was an opium smoker... probably did other drugs to.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Anonymous

Re: Alice in Wonderland [Re: filthysock]
    #2286663 - 01/30/04 09:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the original book, political statement with not TOO many drug referces probably, the disney movie YES, DEFINATLY without a question there are many. you see them a lot better if your really baked too..

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Alice in Wonderland [Re: ]
    #2286707 - 01/30/04 09:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have the movie, just met a dude who has some hash and will smoke with me.  I'm going to bake and watch the movie.  The thing is, what would Walt Disney have to do with drugs, why would he make a movie reffering to drugs, if he did that there would be alot more movies of his reffering to drugs, dont you think? :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #2286830 - 01/30/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

A really good version of that movie to watch is Alice Through the Looking Glass, kate beckinsale plays a grown-up alice and revisits wonderland, if you can get a hold of this rent it, it is an extremely TRIPPED OUT version, believe me! :eek:

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineNortherNathan
wanderer
Loc: bottom of the lake
Re: Alice in Wonderland [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #2295705 - 02/02/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Alice is an interesting movie. She falls asleep, i.e. starts tripping (chases a white rabbit down a "rabbit hole"). Once there she drinks a potion which makes her first smaller, then larger, then smaller again (ego-inflation/deflation), in order to pass through a door. Apart from this, the movie is chock full of drug references: tabs saying "eat me" on them that make her larger or smaller, hookah smoking caterpillar chanting "om", eating mushrooms, etc. She also goes to a teaparty where time has ceased to exist. A lot of it simply relates to being lost in a trip, where plants and animals come to life, for better or worse. The flowers turn on her, thinking she is a "weed", for example. Buy the new DVD release, if you have the funds. I am not too fond of the music, though. Personally, i think Disney does a better job in Cinderella, and the humor is a little more uplifting. But it is, above all, a trip movie nonetheless. let me know what you all think.

--------------------
MYSTICISM: the belief that direct knowledge of God or ultimate reality is attainable through immediate intuition or insight

OfflineAnansi
------------

#2295735 - 02/02/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
I have the movie, just met a dude who has some hash and will smoke with me.  I'm going to bake and watch the movie.  The thing is, what would Walt Disney have to do with drugs, why would he make a movie reffering to drugs, if he did that there would be alot more movies of his reffering to drugs, dont you think? :shiftyeyes:

In Dumbo when he learns to fly he totally trips.  Dumbo is the reason the question "if i eat shrooomz will i halicinate pink elophonts?" gets asked all the time hehe. Dumbo was seeing pink elephants!!  Although it was alcohol(still a drug) that he drank, the effects were closer to lsd I suppose.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds