Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepizzeria
Stranger

choclate being poisonous to dogs..
    #22954961 - 02/28/16 12:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can a person get in trouble for giving their own dog choclate as a treat or such a similar scenario lije if they do it all the time intentionally infront of people...i know its messed up question I'mjust curious

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: pizzeria]
    #22954968 - 02/28/16 12:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Depends on the chocolate.. for instance, white chocolate has no dog poison in it.  Milk chocolate has only low amounts.  Dark chocolate is what you need to worry more about.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Offlinepizzeria
Stranger

Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: Shins]
    #22954974 - 02/28/16 12:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

if a person is feeding dark chocolate to their dog in public can they be reprimanded

OfflineOceanshore23Forest
Salviaatoorr
Female User Gallery

Loc: Oceanshore_Forest__
    #22954975 - 02/28/16 12:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i would say so.....thats abuse to the dog:feelssadman:

--------------------
Jenny, jehny, sean, taliesen, taylor
I was the Head honcho And...... i still am
Jonas is everready
matthew is a psychiatrist
Marcus is a therapist
Arthur has Appeared .....
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1Gz8gmpPZTDdbWY7sNa3D5PGER3mxvp2
The drugs i use: Day: Clozaril 400mg, Zyprexa, 15mg, Seroquel 20mg, Risperdal 6mg, Invega 9mg The all in One Curved Rounded Pillar, Klonopin 1mg, Truvada The now mushroomm, Tivicay the Daydreams mushroom, Gabapentin 600mg Night: Lithium 300mg, Ativan 3mg, 5Htp, Trazodone 100mg, Hydroxyzine 2 at sleep time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWopjG9URo&nohtml5=False

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#22954986 - 02/28/16 12:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There are lots of things dogs shouldn't be fed for different reasons.

Chocolate has theobromine in it which dogs are sensitive to, for us it's nothing.

Also caffeine isn't good for them and there is a marginal amount of caffeine in it.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #22954987 - 02/28/16 12:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yes, this can and should be considered animal abuse

at best, feeding your dog chocolate would constitut neglect: improper diet/nutrition leading to harm

but i think the case could be easily made for intentional cruelty, what with knowingly giving what amounts to poison to an animal

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: Shins] * 2
    #22954995 - 02/28/16 12:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
Depends on the chocolate.. for instance, white chocolate has no dog poison in it.  Milk chocolate has only low amounts.  Dark chocolate is what you need to worry more about.

Basically this. I had a pitbull that ate a 1/2in thich 4x3 bar of chocolate and she was fine. Worried us a bit but she was totally fine.

I wouldn't do it frequently though. There's a reason they say dogs shouldn't have people food. It's cuz people are dumb and we probably shouldn't be eating half the shit we do, much less them. Honestly think "in public" you could be reprimanded for any of it, but chocolate has a worse wrap.

Grapes, onions, garlic... alot of even the good shit we eat can be bad for dogs. You're alot better off either carrying some actual dog treats with you or maybe some jerky.

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/ss/slideshow-foods-your-dog-should-never-eat

^ obviously the list is exaggerated... but it's still not a good idea to give your dogs a lot of food they shouldn't have. My parents have 2 lab mixes that have kidney and liver problems as well as being covered in fatty tumors from a lifetime of being given too many table scraps. It's very sad.

If you really love your dog you'll feed it right. One piece of chocolate isn't gonna kill them but don't make it a daily habit.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: pizzeria] * 1
    #22954998 - 02/28/16 12:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

bakers chocolate and dark chocolate are toxic.  they have to eat quite a bit depending on the size of the dog but yes it can make them very ill and die. 
Also dont give them chewing gum.  Xylotol is toxic.

Also do not give them onions, raisins, plums, garlic.  Giving a dog too much garlic and onion will kill red blood cells.

and of course antifreeze.  no shit.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #22955007 - 02/28/16 12:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
yes, this can and should be considered animal abuse

at best, feeding your dog chocolate would constitut neglect: improper diet/nutrition leading to harm

but i think the case could be easily made for intentional cruelty, what with knowingly giving what amounts to poison to an animal

know what i think is cruel?  making them morbidly obese.  People have total control over what goes into their dogs mouths.  Its disgusting people make them so fat they cant walk or squat to go to the bathroom.  Lazy irresponsible fucks should be charged with animal abuse.  Just like parents who have fat children. 

Unless they are hypothyroid (most arent), still that can be treated with medication.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #22955015 - 02/28/16 12:25 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yea, that list has some good information--but no raw meat fish or eggs? no fat? no bones?--they do realize that dogs are carnivores right?

--------------------

OfflineBjorn_Stormcrow
The Farfarer.
Male

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Flag
    #22955035 - 02/28/16 12:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
yea, that list has some good information--but no raw meat fish or eggs? no fat? no bones?--they do realize that dogs are carnivores right?

Most domestic dogs don't have the enzymes and antibodies to properly digest raw meats unless they are raised on a raw meat diet.

It probably wouldn't kill them or anything but might make them quite sick of all they are used to is manufactured dog food.

I think the worry with bones is them breaking off slivers. We used to give my dog bones, but would keep an eye on him while he was chewing on it and remove it if he started to crack it.

--------------------
Live Mythically

OfflineDTCharlieB
yum yum fish.
Male

Loc: Yak attack Flag
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: Bjorn_Stormcrow]
    #22955056 - 02/28/16 12:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I had German shepards when I was younger and gave them chocolate quite frequently before I knew it was bad for dogs didn't seem to bother them any.  I think it would takr quite a large amount to make a bigger dog sick. No idea about smaller dogs.  I give my dog, a great pyrenees, Hershey kisses or something small ever so often when I drop it on the floor or something by accident.

--------------------
I like lasagna.

Invisibleenlightened seed
Utopia is a state of mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: amongst civilization
    #22955058 - 02/28/16 12:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my grandpas dog got into some gummie bears.  it was the first time he had been exposed to sugar.  he  was shaking, throwing up and had a soft stool.  there is probably a reason why chocolate is not recommended for dogs.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #22955069 - 02/28/16 12:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:

Raw fish such as salmon can have parasites which can kill dogs, my dog got into some fishing scraps awhile back and almost didn't make it. She couldn't get up or walk and was shitting all over herself, thanks thankfully she pulled through though :heart:

I knew two dogs that atr a whole batch of ganja food with chocolate, they could barely walk for at least a week but they made it through alright.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22955085 - 02/28/16 12:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ulfrick said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:

Most domestic dogs don't have the enzymes and antibodies to properly digest raw meats unless they are raised on a raw meat diet.

It probably wouldn't kill them or anything but might make them quite sick of all they are used to is manufactured dog food.

I think the worry with bones is them breaking off slivers. We used to give my dog bones, but would keep an eye on him while he was chewing on it and remove it if he started to crack it.

your correct in that dogs not raised on a raw meat diet can lack the proper enzymes to digest raw meat--i just thought it rediculous that they would include these on a list of foods that are legitimately toxic to dogs

as for bones, my understanding has always been that cooked bones--particularly from poultry--are the ones that pose a choking hazard--but once again, i don't see this as reason to list bones as a 'never' food--heck, pretty much every dog toy on the market is listed as a possible choking hazard and recommends supervision when being used

i find that too many people nowadays forget that dogs are animals, not human infants--i was once scolded at a dog park for letting my dog chew on a wooden stick--another time, a person was shocked that i didn't cook some chicken before giving it to my pup

i love my dog, and want her to have the best life possible--part of that comes from taking care of her health, another part comes from just letting her be a dog now and then and go roll in some dead stuff

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: musiclover420]
    #22955110 - 02/28/16 01:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:

Raw fish such as salmon can have parasites which can kill dogs, my dog got into some fishing scraps awhile back and almost didn't make it. She couldn't get up or walk and was shitting all over herself, thanks thankfully she pulled through though :heart:

i'm glad your dog pulled through--my pup got into moldy meat once (i suspect) and i'll never forget the experience of riding out her symptoms together

disease will always be a part of life--sometimes preventative measures are most effective--other times, curative measures are most appropriate--salmon poisoning disease is definitely a risk, and one should be aware of this should they decide to feed their dog raw fish--heck, a dog owner should be able to recognize signs of parasitic infection regardless of whether their dog eats raw meat or not (though especially if it does)--but i would consider the preventative measures (no raw fish) to be more limiting than the curative measure (a round of antibiotics and dewormer), especially when weighed with the risk of infection, but this is based on my lifestyle and relationship with my dog, and something i feel everyone has to weigh the positives and negatives out for themselves

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: sprinkles]
    #22955116 - 02/28/16 01:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"People have total control over what goes into their dogs mouths."

Aaahah not true at all.  I take it you're not a dog owner.

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #22955122 - 02/28/16 01:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DTCharlieB said:
I had German shepards when I was younger and gave them chocolate quite frequently before I knew it was bad for dogs didn't seem to bother them any.  I think it would takr quite a large amount to make a bigger dog sick. No idea about smaller dogs.  I give my dog, a great pyrenees, Hershey kisses or something small ever so often when I drop it on the floor or something by accident.

Milk chocolate is basically harmless. Don't get me wrong, it's not "good" but really It takes large amounts of high %cocoa to have really bad effects on a dog
  Tonnes of people blow the danger of chocolate out of proportion

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

#22955129 - 02/28/16 01:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

Ulfrick said:
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:

your correct in that dogs not raised on a raw meat diet can lack the proper enzymes to digest raw meat--i just thought it rediculous that they would include these on a list of foods that are legitimately toxic to dogs

as for bones, my understanding has always been that cooked bones--particularly from poultry--are the ones that pose a choking hazard--but once again, i don't see this as reason to list bones as a 'never' food--heck, pretty much every dog toy on the market is listed as a possible choking hazard and recommends supervision when being used

i find that too many people nowadays forget that dogs are animals, not human infants--i was once scolded at a dog park for letting my dog chew on a wooden stick--another time, a person was shocked that i didn't cook some chicken before giving it to my pup

i love my dog, and want her to have the best life possible--part of that comes from taking care of her health, another part comes from just letting her be a dog now and then and go roll in some dead stuff

Yeah I hate condescending dog owners.

There's one in my building with a corgie that he's disceplined so much it basically just follows him around like it has a completely empty soul, the dog has absolutely no personality.  He judges me because I like to let me dog be a dog.  My dog is full of energy, spunk,  and curiosity.  He seems to think that since my dog isn't a soulless ghost 100% dosile that I am a bad dog owner or something.

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: choclate being poisonous to dogs.. [Re: Shins]
    #22955147 - 02/28/16 01:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

some of my favourite times are where i am hanging out with a large group of friends out in the woods or by a lake somewhere--most of my friends have a dog, sometimes two, so we get to watch all of our dogs form a pack and just run around being dogs--when the dogs outnumber the humans, it is now officially a dog party

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom