Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Re: Curcumin and depression (and many other things) BIG HELP [Re: yabbahabba]
    #22992975 - 03/10/16 03:12 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I take 2 Turmeric + Piperine capsules (200mg curcumin and 3mg Piperine each capsule) a day. It definitely makes a difference to my mood and well being.
Amazing plant/fruit!

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: Curcumin and depression (and many other things) BIG HELP [Re: daz01]
    #22993008 - 03/10/16 03:30 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

I'm gonna pick up some cur cumin supplements next time I hit a grocery store. I'm more than impressed with how well my current supplement stack has been working for my depression, but any additions are welcome.

My current stack is SAMe (400-800mg/day), b vitamin complex, fish oil, and magnesium. Since starting this a few weeks ago I'm feeling so much better than before. No where near as many suicidal thoughts or bad depressed feelings as before. I'm hoping I can roll with this and find sustainable improvement.

Good luck to everyone reading this struggling with depression. It's a tough hand to be dealt but we can recover.

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

Re: Curcumin and depression (and many other things) BIG HELP [Re: hex_enduction]
    #22993251 - 03/10/16 04:43 PM (8 years, 19 days ago)

Glad to hear you're feeling better man.

Let me ask you, does the Sam-e cause stimulation? A lot of people complain about increased anxiety with Sam-e.

I definitely think magnesium is crucial to any supplement stack when dealing with anxiety. I've also been taking nag which is an anti inflammatory drug that seems to be helping my anxiety.

Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
Re: Curcumin and depression (and many other things) BIG HELP [Re: hex_enduction]
    #22997811 - 03/11/16 10:29 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah SAM-e is great, just costs way too much for me right now. Kinda made me a little manic in a good way. Boosts the hell out of your glutathione which is another swiss army knife. Gives your liver the army it needs to deal with too much alcohol, too.

Maybe you've got a grocery store with good supplements and get some of the real deal stuff, but here it's just spring valley brand with no black pepper extract.

For $25 or 30 you can get 2-4 months worth of the 95% and bioperine.

I wonder about combining the two (SAM-e and curcumin) though because they work with the same neurotransmitters.

Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
Re: Curcumin and depression (and many other things) BIG HELP [Re: m4dScientist]
    #22997826 - 03/11/16 10:33 PM (8 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

m4dScientist said:
Glad to hear you're feeling better man.

Let me ask you, does the Sam-e cause stimulation? A lot of people complain about increased anxiety with Sam-e.

I definitely think magnesium is crucial to any supplement stack when dealing with anxiety. I've also been taking nag which is an anti inflammatory drug that seems to be helping my anxiety.

I recommended SAM-e to someone who needed cartilage repair and they tried it twice and stopped because they liked coffee and the combo made them tweak out bad. No good for anxiety.

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

#22998815 - 03/12/16 08:45 AM (8 years, 18 days ago)

I haven't noticed much increased anxiety. Mania, yes, a bit.

I'm curious to know how SAMe and curcumin might combine as well. Is there any way they might counteract each other?

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:

Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
    #23000409 - 03/12/16 06:10 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

I tried to find something on that, and only found this

Which is gibberish to me. But I wouldn't think they would cancel eachother out. Probably potentiate. Huh... I just read that curcumin induces glutathione biosynthesis. More good news for the liver and brain.

SO! Anyway I have a report on the Divine Bounty brand of curcumin:

I still have half a bottle of Youtheory brand that you need to take 3 big pills of to get 450mg of 95% curcuminoids. Divine Bounty has 750mg of 95% in 1 capsule. I opened D.B. and POW! What an aroma! Youtheory is really mild smelling.

So I took one capsule with a Super B complex, fish oil, C, and iodine. I didn't take my wellbutrin, or anything like gabapentin or valium or valerian root. I was speeding. Not in a jittery way, just, fuckin on top of it! If I was someone else I would've asked me what the fuck I was on. Talking real fast with enthusiasm, etc.

Awesome. I think I can get off wellbutrin. That shit was making my thumbs and knees hurt. Now I have the same kind of outgoing energy without the weirds and jitters.

Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
    #23000423 - 03/12/16 06:13 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

Hey where can I find a larger image of that pic you have at the end of your posts? That's awesome. Who did that?

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

#23000760 - 03/12/16 07:41 PM (8 years, 17 days ago)

The garden of earthly delights by hieronymous Bosch, it's an old Renaissance painting and a favorite of mine.

Thanks for that info about divine bounty, will look into that brand :thumbup:

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder