Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue
    #2294721 - 02/02/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hi,
  Im not going to accuse anyone at all in this thread because ive been very guilty of it myself but its a problem i feel should be put to a stop and theres no specific admin or aop or anything like that, that can stop it. ONLY YOU! (in the voice of smokey the bear)
    Ive come to notice that when alot of newbies come into shroomery asking what we feel are stupid questions to advanced or not even advanced growers that we are rather rude to them....(tho this is the nature or irc they may honestly be looking for answers rather than sarcasim and flames)

I was always told the only stupid question is one that is not asked. Sure the same questions are asked time and again and those who have been at this a long time answer them time and again. I thought  that we as a community were here to help the beginners along their path help them find direction on cultivating fugus or questions about drugs, not whine about them because they are not as "advanced" as you are..... don't forget we were ALL beginners once and had to start somewhere you don't just wake up one day and FUCKING HELL! are all knowing and I am glad I didn't run into any whiny self important people on my way. So even tho Im not an experienced cultivator myself I will answer the questions over and over or try and find someone that can answer them in hopes that I help someone. #Shroomery is open to anyone and everyone, no matter what level they may be at are welcome here.... "experienced"  whatever that is or not.

Now i realize that we have #cultivation and the advanced cultivation chat however when the person come onto the chat, (most likely through java they are directed directly to #shroomery) so lets cut the newbs a little slack eh and not be so damned sarcastic because you never know you may jokingly tell them something thats not safe or sage advice and are about to tell them the real answer but sometimes shit happens like they get disconnected and dont bother to reconnect or something like that. Just a little something to think about eh? :smile:

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeavyD
ninja from space
Loc: ><> <-- FISHY D:
Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: Calbha]
    #2294778 - 02/02/04 04:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Totally in agreement with you here.  I try to take all the questions I can field seriously, but a lot of times other people chime in with incorrect or propagandist information that people are more likely to believe... ie. someone asks if LSD really sticks in your spine... some will say no, most will usually say YSE and start acting all retarded, leaving the person with more misinformation than the government would give them.  It's a "fun" channel and we can usually keep it that way when we don't have a lot of outside traffic coming in and gumming up the works, but sometimes we could use a brief moment of seriousness :smile:

--------------------
so don't call me cool cutta call me mista bitch, and that's the only thing you call me now, k?... mista, bitch.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: HeavyD]
    #2294873 - 02/02/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, we should ALL try to be nice to newbies, and we should ALWAYS try to respectfully correct misinformation about mushrooms, psychedelics, and entheogens -- that is part of The Shroomery's mission statement! :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: Papaver]
    #2294875 - 02/02/04 05:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Why are we even having the java client auto-join #shroomery? Why not #cultivation? This is a mushroom site afterall...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: TinMan]
    #2294952 - 02/02/04 05:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TinMan said:
Why are we even having the java client auto-join #shroomery? Why not #cultivation? This is a mushroom site afterall...

I modified the entry message for #shroomery as follows:
This server is provided for users 18 years of age or older. #shroomery is a general discussion channel. Please /join #cultivation for on-topic mushroom discussion. To view a list of all public chat channels, please type /list

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinetaco
IRC Whore
 User Gallery
Loc: Arizona
Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: TinMan]
    #2294995 - 02/02/04 06:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know, maybe something to do with the name of the site. Who knows. Also there's usually nobody active in #cultivation save in the early evenings.

Also, re: papaver, to give a bit of an accurate analogy for the chat, imagine OTD going about 10 times as fast as it does on the boards, with less cohesive topics, and no separate threads. That's IRC, and sometimes it's hard to focus on helping people with the general socialization going on.

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: toatlly diffrent non flamming irc issue [Re: taco]
    #2295257 - 02/02/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

taco, i am usually around #cult from 8pm EST on through till morning. just send tham my way.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies