Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
The Gnome Phenomenon
    #2293735 - 02/02/04 09:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've noticed with tripping that there seems to be a general trend towards mentioning gnomes.  Such as in Shpongle there are references to gnomes, and more then a few times on the Shroomery I've heard someone say, "Watch out for the gnomes!" 

How did this get started?  I mean, I think its awesome.  And I have to admit that more then once I've seen very gnomish-looking faces peering out at me from my ceiling or furniture while tripping. 

I even bought a large garden gnome standing in a crop of honey-colored mushrooms and holding a large mushroom in his arms like an umbrella.  He's sitting on my bookshelf now and looks like he belongs there.  :grin:  I think I want to start collecting gnomes now.  They're just so magical.  :smile: 

Maybe that's what makes them relate to tripping to well.  Thoughts?  :biggrin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: MOTH]
    #2293804 - 02/02/04 09:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, gnomes kick ass. i saw some once when i was tripping on some mushrooms out in the woods. i tried to catch them, but they kept hiding behind trees.....that would be pretty sweet to be a gnome and wear those little pointy hats

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2294488 - 02/02/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

The first cultural connection between psychedelics and gnomes that i'm aware of is Syd Barret's song "the Gnome" on Pink Floyd's first album.

Terence Mckenna talked about the DMT elves/gnomes quite frequently in his day.

I know what you mean, when I'm tripping hard, sometimes the world gets this sort of fairy tale/fantasy vibe going, which, like a fairy tale, is simultaneously fanciful yet subtly menacing.

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2294705 - 02/02/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I was short. I would dress up like a gnome all of the time. I used to carry around my friends garden gnome sometimes while I was tripping.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2294787 - 02/02/04 04:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've seen gnomes in my lamp while coming down from DMT but that's because my subconscious was looking for them because of all this "gnome talk."

At first I saw what looked like something shifting, then noticed a face, then noticed it wink, then noticed it outline itself as a totally blatant GNOME, locking arms with another gnome and dancing away into my lamp.

Unfortunately a lot of gnome talk has been replaced with ALIENS, but I'd say they're the same thing, only modernized.

What the fuck are these things? I think they're figments of our imagination, and when we collectively discuss things like this a lot, they're going to show up even more because we're highlighting it in our minds as we talk about it.

if you look for gnomes you can find them, if you look for aliens you can find them too.. if you look for your dead dog Sparky you can find him too

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (02/02/04 04:39 PM)

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2294794 - 02/02/04 04:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

DAVID THE GNOME ! ! !

Check out Robert Anton Wilson's "COSMIC TRIGGER" It's an awesome read. He talks about elves/gnomes and how they have always been apart of the collective human conciousness since the begining of the begining. We have made new names for them over time and they have taken on different forms in our mythology. Peter Pan, Leprecauns (sp?), Spock, Link, Mescalito, ect.

Long live the Gnostic Gnome in all of Us!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2294833 - 02/02/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yes David the Gnome!!!!

holy shit you just sparked a whole stream of Gnomish memories

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: Strumpling]
    #2294858 - 02/02/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Your giving away all of our secrets. :lipsrsealed:

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
    #2294984 - 02/02/04 06:05 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

What if they really are real, spirit beings we cannot normally see? They are the ones responsible for turning off the light when you close the fridge, and taking your left sock from the dryer. Seriously though, what if certain drugs actually increase your spiritual perception, allowing you to view these beings in action.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: Funguy]
    #2295107 - 02/02/04 07:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:
What if they really are real, spirit beings we cannot normally see?  They are the ones responsible for turning off the light when you close the fridge, and taking your left sock from the dryer.  Seriously though, what if certain drugs actually increase your spiritual perception, allowing you to view these beings in action.

^^Its nice to think that, actually. :smile:  I love believing that there's just a little bit of magic left in the world, even if we have to take mushrooms to catch a glimpse of it.  :heart:

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2295130 - 02/02/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes - while this isn't me proclaiming "Gospel truth" - on one hand, they're probably figments of the imagination, and on the other hand, as real as you.
Nobody gnomes.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineGatesOfDawn06
its been a longstrange trip..
 User Gallery

Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: valour]
    #5922850 - 08/01/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

When i was tripping on shrooms, a very hardcore emotional understanding came over me about gnomes, i felt like i was going through a memory of the gnome people who once lived long long ago and thrived. Mushrooms were there lives and there religion, the mushrooms had been given to them by god and had a very deep spiritual connection with god, until one day a new advanced creature (possible humans) took advantage of the simpile minded, child like gnomes and destroyed there whole race out of jeleousy of there happiness. and the gnomes live on threw the magic of mushrooms!

strange? that really went through my mind it was freaked out!
ever since ive had a big passion for gnomes, and a collection!

--------------------

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: GatesOfDawn06]
    #5922861 - 08/01/06 07:10 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GatesOfDawn06 said:
When i was tripping on shrooms, a very hardcore emotional understanding came over me about gnomes, i felt like i was going through a memory of the gnome people who once lived long long ago and thrived. Mushrooms were there lives and there religion, the mushrooms had been given to them by god and had a very deep spiritual connection with god, until one day a new advanced creature (possible humans) took advantage of the simpile minded, child like gnomes and destroyed there whole race out of jeleousy of there happiness. and the gnomes live on threw the magic of mushrooms!

strange? that really went through my mind it was freaked out!
ever since ive had a big passion for gnomes, and a collection!

Sounds like a children's book.  :cool:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

Offlinesome1whoisntme
Stranger

Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: Noviseer]
    #5923176 - 08/01/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:

I know what you mean, when I'm tripping hard, sometimes the world gets this sort of fairy tale/fantasy vibe going, which, like a fairy tale, is simultaneously fanciful yet subtly menacing.

I absolutely LOVE this effect. Brings back fond memories...

--------------------
"Ignore the distortion you're forced to percieve and believe that what supercedes is love, but who agrees?"

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5923244 - 08/01/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Before hearing others mention gnomes, I experienced them on shrooms. I never really saw them but on numerous occasions while on shrooms I felt I was in their presence. When on shrooms it feels like a sort of fairy tale lands, a lot of my visuals seem playful in nature. I also sometimes get audible hallucinations and often times I can hear what sounds like playful laughter, which I just assume is that of the gnomes (or possibly children). It's a weird phenomenon, actually looking back at this it is really hard to describe and I have never really given it much thought. I also sometimes get the same feeling when on Saliva, that I am in the presence of the gnomes

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #5923286 - 08/01/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I want to tell you a story about a little man, if I can.

A gnome named Grimble Gromble...

Offlinemellowrubberduck
NDE on 7/8/06
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
    #5923405 - 08/01/06 10:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
we have to take mushrooms to catch a glimpse of it.  :heart:

I don't mind taking mushrooms to see these little fellows :p

The only time I see gnomes (before I heard anyone else mention them as well) is on mushrooms, usually playing a weird song with bells. Salvia there's little guys I see as well, but they have a different agenda (being pieces of furniture or poking at my skin to take me somewhere) than to be joyous and fun-loving beings. I love gnomes. If I start a garden someday, I will recruit gnomes to protect the crops.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: mellowrubberduck]
    #5924261 - 08/02/06 02:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

My closest friends and I have a term we often use for when we feel the gnome presence on tryptamines. We call it "Elf Music". This describes that type of gibberish and wierd shit we often hear in our heads.

Elvish-type hallucinations are quite frequent with me anyways. But even if they arent seen, its always nice to hear their strange anthem rolling through your head. Any time someone has a rough time, we attribute it to them having bad vibes with "the elves."

The best way it could be described is when you can hear/feel the synapses firing all over the place. Its almost like hearing some alien language. ( I sure hope someone else knows what im talking about).

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Offlinemotrips
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Gnome Phenomenon [Re: Crestfallen]
    #5924267 - 08/02/06 02:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Chased one through my house to the fridge and he grabbed my chicken and ran outside.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag