Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehevvy_psi
groover

potency/tolerance
    #2293792 - 02/02/04 09:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

suppose a person with an op cultivated some psychedelic shroomy-doos, and consumed some of said fungi. suppose that since this person, as of yet, had no means by which to dry the remaining fungi, he sealed them in a container and placed them in a fridge. hypothetically, would the ones in the fridge lose potency, or deteriorate in any other way particularly quickly? or, hypothetically, if the person consumed some of the fridge-stored mushrooms a day later (at this point they would have been in the fridge for a period of 4-5 days) would his body have a short-term tolerance to the pleasurable effects of the mushrooms?

recap: please address the potency/storage issue, and tolerance question.  thanks  :sun:

--------------------
egocentrism is bangin on the door
self-destructive selflessness
seeps out from the core
alone - eyes closed - an empty room
i'm curled on the floor
choose nothing, thus deciding
all the nothing i've in store.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: potency/tolerance [Re: hevvy_psi]
    #2293821 - 02/02/04 09:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

fan dry them you dont even need a fan put them in a place that has good air circulation and let it dry that way they will rot in the fridge

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #2293822 - 02/02/04 09:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wet shrooms decompose quickly, but I have no idea how long they'd last under refrigeration... there is definitely a short term tolerance effect... if you want to trip two days in a row and get the same trip, I'm told you need to double the dose the second time, or wait a week between trips...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineKichy
Ganja Connoiseur
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2293971 - 02/02/04 10:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You can keep fresh mushrooms in the fridge but it is best to keep them in a paper bag. They will probably last up to a week maybe a little longer. I would definately suggest fan drying. It is simple and inexpensive.

--------------------
YEAH, Canada ROCKS!

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2294050 - 02/02/04 11:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

tolerance has nothing to do with the way you store your musies. but storing them in the fridge wet, is just begging for contamination. its really easy to get them fairly dry, lay them out so they arnt on top of each other, then have a fan blowing on them. the fan is optional, but definitly speeds everything up.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

InvisibleRowZeZe
Time Watcher
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Re: potency/tolerance [Re: Kichy]
    #2294470 - 02/02/04 03:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I thought that when you leave shrooms out to dry they would become all slimmy and floppy? Thats what happened when I picked shrooms from the feild and left them in my room. I thought they were Psilocybe Cubensis but they were not.

--------------------
Whats done is done and I cannot complain anymore

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale