Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDaleth
Stranger
Loc: Seattle
Trip Report: Acid overnight fun
    #2293472 - 02/02/04 06:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So, tonight I took about two hits of some acid that made a rare trip into the Seattle area (if you live around there, I suggest getting your ass in gear and asking your contacts for some before it's gone. acid is rare here). I believe I took them at about 11pm, although the exact time is hazy and could have been up to two hours before that.
Some notes:
I did this alone in my apartment. A lot of people don't recommend doing psychadelics by yourself, but I've had my share of shroom trips before (this was my first time with acid), and I felt confident I wasn't going to freak out. I had no problems at all. I say, as long as you're confident in your ability to deal with it, tripping alone can be quite fun.
Acid was quite different from shrooms. With a nice healthy dose of shrooms (I generally go anywhere from an eighth to a quarter), I generally feel like doing nothing but laying on the floor trying not to drool on myself while I hallucinate. With acid, I was much more interested in moving around and doing stuff. In retrospect, it would have been better to have more people around just to do stuff with.
Seeing as it was superbowl sunday, I had a good amount alcohol during the day at a party previously, and some of it was probably still in my system when I started. I have no idea how that affected the trip.
I have a pretty fast metabolism, so if it's your first time doing acid, I'd recommend doing just one hit. Give it about an hour and a half to kick in, and if you've only got a body high, go with another hit. If the acid's anywhere near decent, that should be enough to give you some visuals.

The trip:
Roughly 45 minutes after I took the acid, it started kicking in. It was all blurry from there. I started out by watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Excellent movie to start a nice hallucinatory trip on. My favorite line? "We can't stop here! This is bat country!" Unfortunately, I think I only managed to sit through about half an hour of the movie. I started feeling jittery, and proceeded to bounce around my apartment for about the next two hours (no, not literally). I listened to plenty of Pink Floyd. I felt it was appropriate. After this, it's difficult to keep track of what I did. I watched Adult Swim (Sunday could not have been a better night for me to get ahold of acid), I spent a lot of time staring at Winamp visualizations. I was seeing lots of tracers, with the occasional hallucination. Reflective surfaces were not good to me. I avoided the bathroom as much as possible, even deciding to shut the door and not go in there for the rest of the night. I kept seeing stuff move in mirrors out of the corner of my eye. About 2-3 hours into the trip, I passed the peak. Now, at 5am, I've only got the residual effects. During the trip, I alternated between feeling either too hot or too cold. When I felt too cold, I could probably have touched a burner without feeling it except as a bit of nifty warmth. Be careful if you get the same feeling...Don't cuddle up too close to your heater for too long.

The tips:
Colors are much brighter on acid. And entrancing. Now I know why hippies like bright colors. Have brightly colored stuff around, and you're set.
Glowsticks. I spent $120 or so for 2300 on ebay about a year ago. I have about 500 left. Best investment of my life. These can be equally fun on just about any drug. On acid, the glow seemed really bright. I could have played with just a few of these through the whole trip and probably been satisfied. Buy some. They make your own trips more enjoyable, and make you popular with friends who do drugs. I hate to admit how fun these are after making fun of ravers so much, but I have to. Ravers have the right idea with all their colorful, if a bit silly looking, gear.
Winamp and visualizations. A must have for any trip. My personal favorite is the Milkdrop plugin, which has some of the best beat detection and transitioning I've seen. Visualizations can fascinate you while you're hallucinating endlessly, as many of you know. The ones in your head are good, but some on a computer screen to help don't hurt.
A nice selection of animated movies or just good old fashioned cartoons is great. One of my personal favorites is The Maxx, which was a very trippy animated series on MTV way back when. I downloaded it off the internet some time ago, and have found it endlessly fascinating. It has a lot of depth compared to anything on MTV nowadays. But then, that's not saying much. If you can possibly find it, download it. Difficult to locate, but well worth the effort. Just don't watch it if you're the suggestible type, because it could easily lead to a bad trip.
Which leads to bad trips...Don't think about them. At all. If you find your mind turning in a dark direction, go find something interesting to play with. Just remember - you control whether you have a bad trip or not. It's difficult to maintain self control while you're tripping like crazy, but I usually manage a decent job of it. But always do have a friend you know you can call while you're tripping if it goes bad, somebody that can talk you down. Basically just somebody to keep reminding you if it's all in your head. I've never had what I could classify as a "bad trip", although I've had trips with their darker moments.

I figured most of you know this stuff, since it's pretty straightforward knowledge for anybody that's playing with hallucinogens, but if somebody new to the wonderful world of psychadelics comes along, have a fun and safe flight :P

And, on a parting note, an excerpt from an online conversation I had about an hour after passing the peak:

haha, I was outside smoking, and I told my penguin "Stop staring at me bitch"
Which would be even funnier if you didn't know I actually have a penguin on my porch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDaleth
Stranger
Loc: Seattle
Re: Trip Report: Acid overnight fun [Re: Daleth]
    #2293484 - 02/02/04 06:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

One last note: White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. Very 70s, very good for any trip with psychadelics. If you haven't heard it, listen to it, and you'll understand, or you haven't properly hallucinated. Excellent music to listen to while tripping.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Trip Report: Acid overnight fun [Re: Daleth]
    #2294376 - 02/02/04 02:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lsd is good. iron butterfly is some good classic trip music. that will melt my mind everytime i listen to it.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals