Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleuNFY
Stranger

Straw Clog
    #2294097 - 02/02/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well I really did it this time.
I was just finishing up pasteurization of a rather large batch of straw by draining the excess water into the bath tub when all of a sudden the lid on my draining container came off and well... now I have about 3" of water in my bath tub that?s not going to go away. When I stick my finger down into the drain I can feel straw everywhere, but my fingers aren?t long enough to pull it out.
I'm going to pick up some drain-o or liquid plumber or something like that tonight but I'm not sure that?s going to clear it up as straw is a real pain in the ass.
Any of you guys ever experience a problem like this? If so what did you do, short of calling a plumber?

- uNFY

--------------------
"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."

-- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
Re: Straw Clog [Re: uNFY]
    #2294123 - 02/02/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If I were in that possition I would just crawl under the house find the drain and take it apart. I would think that the clog is just beyond the drain. This should be very minor as far as labor is concerned. It might get a little messy once you take off the pipe and all that water starts pouring out.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

InvisibleuNFY
Stranger

Re: Straw Clog [Re: GreyStreet]
    #2294143 - 02/02/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The bath tub is in the basement, and as far as I can tell there is no way to access the plumbing without taking the house apart... I can't even figure out how to access the pipes below the bath tub.

--------------------
"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."

-- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)

OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
Re: Straw Clog [Re: uNFY]
    #2294239 - 02/02/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Wow that kind of changes things. Is there siding on the side of the tub. Maybe a piece of plywood or whatever. You might be able to take that off by gently prying it out. You can gain access to the drain from there. You may also want to try to unscrew the drain in the tub and suck the straw out with a shop vac or pull the straw out with some wire with a hook on the end.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation