Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Asante]
    #6430883 - 01/06/07 11:44 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

im sure that the admins have distributed backups all over the damn place to make sure that the info dosent die

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6430886 - 01/06/07 11:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Coundn't the shroomery just move the web site to the Neverlands? Lets see the usa do somethen about it there.I 'm areadly stocking up on spore prints,just in case :cool:.Spore prints keep for a very long time :smile:.How come FP Fungi.com isn't worred about this too?He has four books out on this stuff.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Asante]
    #6430900 - 01/06/07 11:57 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Sorry to say, but perhaps you have only superficially examined the possibility.

Not to any less of a degree that you have, based upon the list of your "could happens".

The truth is that mushrooms aren't really a substance that is capable of attracting the same amount of attention as other drugs. There are actually drugs out there that are inflicting harm upon individuals and the community. Time and resources aren't exactly luxuries for any government agency. Investigations are not carried out for the purpose of ideaology . Unless an individual is cultivating on a large-scale, associates themselves with criminals, or make stupid mistakes in public, then I do not find them as being likely targets of investigation. I also could not predict any sort of media and special interest campaigns to illegalize the distribution of mushroom spores anytime soon. It simply doesn't seem to be a key issue on the political front right now...

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Brainiac]
    #6430911 - 01/06/07 12:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
Coundn't the shroomery just move the web site to the Neverlands? Lets see the usa do somethen about it there.I 'm areadly stocking up on spore prints,just in case :cool:.Spore prints keep for a very long time :smile:.How come FP Fungi.com isn't worred about this too?He has four books out on this stuff.

i asked this a few times, thing is we would usually need an onsite technician to handle hardware failure.........

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6431058 - 01/06/07 12:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The beauty of open source is you have the source code.

Admittedly Freenet is written in java, but if you program in C (like me) you can get the jist of whats going on.

Theres no government backdoors in there man, trust. While your NSA or other agencies like this may possess the power to crack strong algorithms like AES/MD5 etc I doubt your humble DEA / FBI possesses this power. The worlds best codebreakers anually get together spending days upon days with more computing power than your average beowulf cluster trying to crack these algorithms.

Although one massive drawback, as you pointed out is the fact that with decentralization, this site would grind to a halt.

Just an idea man..

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleSillicybin
Loc: Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: MajorDick]
    #6431416 - 01/06/07 02:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MajorDick said:
Interesting thread, but I'm surprised no one brought up the referral Program.

Personally, I see this as less dangerous than the amount of crap we have indexed in search engines. Referring someone here because they're probably interested isn't really going to attract as much negative attention as, say, being #1 or #2 when someone searches for "shoulderless jars"....

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hicksville, CA
    #6431478 - 01/06/07 03:01 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
My solution is to offer the entire Shroomery as a download and DVD collection. That way the Shroomery is forever preserved and unstoppable.
Decentralization is the only way we can win this thing.

Does anyone here seriously believe that the government DOESN'T already know about this site?  I highly doubt some DEA worker is going to find us on a Google search and suddenly alert the agency to take us down.

I'd much rather have a free-flowing and up-to-date community than download a whole copy of the site every day because I'm scared it'll get shut down someday.  If the admins had been this paranoid 10 years ago, we wouldn't have the awesome community we have now. 

Take a risk every now & then, Wiccan.  :shiftyeyes:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: belligerent]
    #6431506 - 01/06/07 03:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think OTD is the true threat to this forum. The DEA goes in there and get infuriated when they see the scat pictures. OTD is bad! :mad:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6431547 - 01/06/07 03:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl:

OTD was what I was thinking about when I wrote that post. 

I like updated, real-time scat pictures that I don't have to download, dammit!  Ugh...I cringe at the thought of my hard drive full of OTD.  :eek:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: belligerent]
    #6431600 - 01/06/07 03:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'd much rather have a free-flowing and up-to-date community than download a whole copy of the site every day because I'm scared it'll get shut down someday.

That wasn't my proposal. My proposal was that copies of the site were made available (the exact 10th annicersary would be a good date to take the 0.1 copy) and aside from that we have the dynamic community just as it is now.

Quote:

Take a risk every now & then, Wiccan.

I think it would be wrong if all the effort of all our members would end up in a DEA evidence locker, while a snapshot of the site would be the best item the Shroomery Store ever had. I think decentralizing the Shroomery is the true risk that should be taken.

Erowid has done it, and you can bet I got my own offline Erowid archived on my shelf :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6431664 - 01/06/07 03:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
That wasn't my proposal. My proposal was that copies of the site were made available (the exact 10th annicersary would be a good date to take the 0.1 copy) and aside from that we have the dynamic community just as it is now.

OK, I'm fine with that as long as the community stays the way it is. And there's tons of software that will rip a copy of an entire site for offline browsing - it wouldn't be that hard to make your own backup if you wanted to.

InvisibleMajorDick
notbeingadick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westchestertonfieldville,... Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #6431717 - 01/06/07 04:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sillicybin said:
Quote:

MajorDick said:
Interesting thread, but I'm surprised no one brought up the referral Program.

Personally, I see this as less dangerous than the amount of crap we have indexed in search engines. Referring someone here because they're probably interested isn't really going to attract as much negative attention as, say, being #1 or #2 when someone searches for "shoulderless jars"....

Oh yeah, far less dangerous. I was thinking of people just throwing their referral links around all willy-nilly, and shit. However, I still find the referral program to be kinda point less. Case: All I needed was the idea, and a search engine. It didn't take long to find the Shroomery, and about a dozen other mush/cult sites. I really don't think we're in any real danger provided we only discuss psychoactive mushrooms. We all know the dangers, and fact is no one has caught a really bad case for this except for one infamous group. And I'm sure we've all learned from their mistakes or at least the vendors have.

I highly doubt the Shroomery is any danger of being shut down by any federal institution. In fact I would guess, if anything, the D*E*A/N*S*A would FAVOR collective communities on the Internet.. Think about it..

Offlinepizzeria
Stranger

Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Sillicybin]
    #22940048 - 02/24/16 08:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

And my how its grown ...how much does this website cost to operate

InvisibleBoomRad
HtemToohs
 User Gallery

Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: pizzeria]
    #22940066 - 02/24/16 08:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In my opinion document everything you can and save it to a T. Then if such misfortune does occur  you will still know how to make it happen. As far as that goes though most of us here have the science pretty well perfected and need not use teks anymore. Also stock up on spores or keep agar of isolates so If they ever make them illegal anywhere you are still set

--------------------
Gnome saying

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: BoomRad] * 1
    #22940104 - 02/24/16 08:47 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's been like 20 years now

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: shadyy]
    #22940533 - 02/24/16 11:28 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Good thing its not called the Methery!

It would have been shut down a looooooooooooong time ago.

Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male

Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22940558 - 02/24/16 11:36 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If the US shuts it down, someone can just re-launch the site using a server in Venezuela or some shit, right?

They couldn't take down the fucking piratebay, and they've been going after them for years, even going so far as to send numerous of the site operators to jail - and yet piratebay is still operational to this day.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: chopstick]
    #22940704 - 02/24/16 12:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't be surprised if the database is on multiple servers in different countries. The entire thing can fit on a thumb drive, I believe. I have full faith that Ythan/Thor/Link/Anno et al, have some failsafe(s) in place, but I'd rather not ask nor them tell.

All that matters really is cultivation and MH&I, anyway.

InvisibleMajorDick
notbeingadick
Male User Gallery

Loc: Westchestertonfieldville,... Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Adden]
    #22940801 - 02/24/16 12:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"Ok, google. - migrate shroomery server"

Quote:

Playing - Depeche Mode

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The Shroomery experiment - How much longer do you think it'll last? [Re: Adden]
    #22940819 - 02/24/16 01:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Zippo on page One stated it best: shroomery is not doing anything illegal.

Its freedom of Speech. 1st amendment. Cant make that illegal. Yes, people are doing illegal things with the info, but its nonviolent. Were a peaceful people :smile: If this site was based on "how to build homemade bombs", their might be some government involvement.

Shroomery isnt going no where, as long as the servers keep running and as long as Shroomery doesnt get involved in some illegal drug ring or mass murder ring or something.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies