Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
High carbers, diet, opinions, yum
    #22933001 - 02/22/16 09:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I have seen several youtubers with significant popularity pushing this lifestyle. It usually goes along with being vegan, because it is difficult to not be a high carber as a vegan.

You get less fat anyway, and the fat you get tends to be omega6, and the omega3's you get are usually ALA, which some people can't convert.Protein I'm still unsure if it's an issue.

Does anyone here have a high carb lifestyle?

(Vegan Gains, durrianrider, happy healthy vegan, freelee the bananna girl, high carb hanah, etc)

Didn't we learn as kids that suger was bad? They say it's bound up in fruit,but that barely mitigates the intense load of fructose

As I said, I'm familiar with suger and the dangers. What these people with hundreds of thousands of viewers are doing seems criminal to me, or, close.

moonshoe seems to know his stuff
But he is one of our more together members. I quite like his diet change thread. His ideas are a great basis for health.

I would also like more public info on gene polymorphisms. Has anyone done the 23 and Me genetic test?

I'm not vegan, but I do listen to them alot.

I demand knowledge and at least one response(from Prisoner saying how great carbs are and how we need them for America)

I don't know if Russle Brand is vegan. Sorry I forced how face into my beautiful thread

--------------------

Edited by specialpeopleclub (02/22/16 10:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #22933047 - 02/22/16 10:12 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

different people work on different diets. Moonshoe said in one of his posts that quality meats make him euphoric. On the other hand, if I eat a steak I feel dull and constipated. For me a high carb diet works wonders and makes me feel like a king. high carb along with intermittent fasting made me reach pretty high levels of vitality. When you see all these people proclaiming that high carb diets made them lean and strong, what you don't see is all the people who have tried that approach and become sick

Try a high carb vegan. and then a low carb paleo. maybe try a chicken and rice styel bodybuilding diet too

I try a sort of comprimise. Mostly high carb vegan, and a little sardines, salmon, eggs, and kefir. Some organ meats. but 80% vegan. My shits are clean, easy and fantastic. Thats prolly my biggest tip. Pay attention to the size and shape of your shits. The quality and pleasantness of your shits is a large determiner of how your body absorbs food. And even up until 50 years ago, many doctors would ask you about the frquency, size, shape of your shits to gauge your health. Its a little bit of a personal subject at the moment so people don't do that. But my point is that experiment and see what works for YOU

Also, these high carb people fail to realize thier logic. Instead of seeing what ethical agenda they have, THEN trying to make a diet fit that; figure out what makes you feel good, then try and go for ethical sources of that.
I just so happen to feel good on a vegatarian diet. So I eat mostly vegatarain and less meat

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

#22933071 - 02/22/16 10:21 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yum. Ive been vegan (despite some honey sometimes) for almost 3 months. I started a 7 day water only fast around Christmas last year and then started the diet.  For me my digestive system runs a lot smoother, i dont have to worry about dairy or mucus build up. And honestly when i first started I wasnt that opposed to eating animals, i just wanted to do it for the health reasons, but now I can see it is pretty absurd in way.  I dont know what exactly a high card vegan lifestyle is, I just eat vegan foods and i find myself avoiding  fatty foods like pizza and so forth, feels good. I like those youtubers also!

:cheers:

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: Cowb0yNeal00] * 2
    #22933082 - 02/22/16 10:25 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

7 days only water? What the fuck? Is that safe at all?  :whatthetrek:

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: topdog82]
    #22933101 - 02/22/16 10:33 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ya of course its safe, just ask Jesus or the Buddha. :lol: People can live on water up to 40 days sometimes more depending on there body fat, before they enter the starvation process.  It helped clear out my digestive system and helped my cardio vascular system. Thats what I found, but there are many other benefits. I dont get why everyone is so against, but probably is cause doctors wont recommend it cause they or big pharma cant back any $ from it.
But it really is a safe and natural way of healing the body both physically and mentally.

:cheers:

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

#22933111 - 02/22/16 10:38 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That is safe.

I was on PB and bananna for a while(natural, whole foods, thought it was a win)
Stopped shitting

Made brocolli, Portobello, and peas in butter(low, low temp), then eggs, then melted grass fed cheese on the veggies.
Holy fuck, one day and I could tell my previous mistake.
Meaning I shit myself some

I like seeing other diets work. If only one worked we could infer little about the others from it
Fiber is huge and real Vegans get a ton

I don't like any of those youtubers. If Inhad to pick vegan youtubers I seem to like

Andrew Perlot, Unnatural Vegan, and I enjoy Vegan Gains more then I should, even though I have seen nothing convincing me that saturated fat is unhealthy

--------------------

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
    #22933270 - 02/22/16 11:26 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:

It's totally not safe if you're serious about having a healthy body. Meat is needed for a healthy body.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: Webster10]
    #22933278 - 02/22/16 11:29 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

\
Quote:

Webster10 said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:

It's totally not safe if you're serious about having a healthy body. Meat is needed for a healthy body.

I mean I disagree. This idea that some particular thing is needed for a healthy body is silly. I have met vegans who are much healthier than meat eaters and vice versa. Different bodies different needs dude

These blanket statements and black and white thinking are so silly. If you supplement with b12 and omega 3's, maybe some b vitamins I am sure you would be fine. I know a vegan who is healthy and can bench like 300. He is making solid gains and only started lifting recently. Another one is skinny and sickly

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

#22933324 - 02/22/16 11:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There are some things that must carry over. We are not all different species. Saying that we all need 'different things' is rediculius. Noine needs candy. It isn't healthy for one single person

Not all non Vegans eat similar, though the vegan diet does lend itself to some uniformity when done right.

I eat grass fed and don't go for anything processed and challenge any vegan to be healthier
People who pick vegan or vegetarian tend to be more conscious then the average normal American anyway

Anyone here listen to Rhonda Patrick?

--------------------

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
    #22933465 - 02/22/16 12:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Going without water for seven days is indeed terrible for any human body.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: Webster10]
    #22933496 - 02/22/16 12:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Webster10 said:
Going without water for seven days is indeed terrible for any human body.

well that I may agree with but I can't say cause I haven't tried. I have done lots of IF

I did a 8 hour, 16 hour, 20 hour fast, 24 hour, and 48 hour

I have not done more than that though. Seems sketchy after the 48 hour mark

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

#22933498 - 02/22/16 12:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if there are any health benefits to not drinking water. I'm pretty sure that kills you in a few days. I've went one day, and it was not a good feeling
A week off food? That sounds doable
I've only been four days, but I also ate two onions. That's barely food though

--------------------

OfflineMetteyya
Life's Consort

#22933520 - 02/22/16 12:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, from what I've read, if you make it seven days without water, that's a long time. Often people die by the third or forth day. I've always been interested in fasting, but I like feeling healthy and Buddha said it wasn't worth it lol.

And OP, sure, try eating high carbs, maybe do the vegan thing too. I was vegan for a few weeks when I was fifteen and I felt really clean and healthy. I'm vegetarian currently, but am going to try veganism again probably in a month or two.

--------------------
I ain't got nobody,
Ain't nobody got me
I'm just like a little apple
Hangin' on a tree

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: Metteyya]
    #22933561 - 02/22/16 01:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The health benefits of fasting are enormous. Not fasting from water

Well I understand the health benefits of vegetables, I don't see animal products as unhealthy. There is no way I would go vegan again.

I was eating fruit and PB, mostly bananas, and I got sick. I had a throat infection literally for months.I couldn't shake it off. I blame tons of suger. Suger also binds to collogen and removes it from your skin, apparently. Need more research. I was also not eating oils and not cooking much of anything. I was subscribing to 'suger is delicious, it must be good'

I should note that I have no problem with animals dieing for my food. If I do get convinced that animal products are unhealthy, quitting would happen fast.

I think the big thing is how prepared your body is to use fat. Most people have no preperation, like me when I started. I was eating guacamole like mad, and I turned blue after a couple weeks, then got better.
Looked like I was dieing. Was not eating meat though

I also recently went to PB and bananas, as it's pretty sweet like a dessert, and just stopped shitting. I made a cheesy veggie mix(brocolli, peas, mushrooms) and liver, and the effects were within hours
By effects, I mean shitting myself
Felt amazing though

--------------------

OfflineMetteyya
Life's Consort

#22933618 - 02/22/16 01:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:

Well I understand the health benefits of vegetables, I don't see animal products as unhealthy. There is no way I would go vegan again.

I was eating fruit and PB, mostly bananas, and I got sick. I had a throat infection literally for months.I couldn't shake it off. I blame tons of suger. Suger also binds to collogen and removes it from your skin, apparently. Need more research. I was also not eating oils and not cooking much of anything. I was subscribing to 'suger is delicious, it must be good'

I should note that I have no problem with animals dieing for my food. If I do get convinced that animal products are unhealthy, quitting would happen fast.

I think the big thing is how prepared your body is to use fat. Most people have no preperation, like me when I started. I was eating guacamole like mad, and I turned blue after a couple weeks, then got better.

I also recently went to PB and bananas, as it's pretty sweet like a dessert, and just stopped shitting. I made a cheesy veggie mix(brocolli, peas, mushrooms) and liver, and the effects were within hours
Felt amazing though

Your vegan diet was pretty sparse, man. Just peanut butter and bananas... no fibre, not enough protein, no B vitamins or vitamin C, etc. You could probably do it again if you ate a wider variety of foods.

--------------------
I ain't got nobody,
Ain't nobody got me
I'm just like a little apple
Hangin' on a tree

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
    #22933758 - 02/22/16 02:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I believe in a nutritious diet. People buy into diet and lifestyles fads way too easily without doing any solid research, and purely on the basis that it worked for someone else. Everyone is different and moderation is key.
You'll get people that swear by plant-based food only, and people that "cannot" live without meat.
Plenty of research has been done on the so called negative health effects of consuming meat but I don't believe it. Some people are actually shocked processed, overcooked meat has health risks?  :yeahokaywaitwhat:

I just don't see how animal products can have such severe health consequences when we humans thrived and evolved from eating such food. The difference is, these animals were local and not mass produced where the animals are pumped with antibiotics, steroids and hormones, along with being treated like dirt.

Cowboy said he had water only for 7 days, not that he did not have water for 7 days. Try and read posts properly?
Fasting is a safe and effective way for losing weight.
You do realise humans store fat and glycogen for a reason? Because long, long ago we humans did not always have food available and so, fat storage can be used as a fuel and energy source temporarily and once we run out of fat (then muscle), that is called starvation.

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:

Felt amazing though

:dealwithwhat:

Any nutrition plan, never mind a Vegan one, should contain a wide variety of food, not just peanut butter and bananas  :facepalm:  Like vegetables, fruit, seeds, nuts, beans, legumes, etc.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: daz01]
    #22933825 - 02/22/16 02:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well, that was a big part. I know variety is important. I think k the PB overdid the Protein. Too much protein is increadably dangerous and makes you constipated and sick. If you can find something more delicious, fuck you, you lie
I did eat other things, that was more the center. A go to for when you just need taste

I know about fat. Glycogen storage seems like a mistake, since once you start really storing it, once you run out instead of just 'switching g', you get extreamly sick

There is alot of fiber in PB and bananas, I don't know how it fucked me up so bad.I got to lazy to cook. I think eatinb any paste may not be the best way to go

I know endurance athletes and power lifters are sometimes vegan, but when it comes to real sports it doesn't seem common.

When I was eating all fruit two years ago, I could run pretty well. It was almost like I had to retrain. Not getting g all that super quick energy I suppose

--------------------

OfflineMetteyya
Life's Consort

Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: daz01]
    #22934032 - 02/22/16 03:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"Cowboy said he had water only for 7 days, not that he did not have water for 7 days. Try and read posts properly?."

Why don't you fucking read posts properly? The other guy was talking about how he went without water for a day and felt like hell, so I expanded on that.

Edited by Metteyya (02/22/16 03:49 PM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: Metteyya]
    #22934071 - 02/22/16 03:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's pretty simple. Follow your gut. If it's getting bigger, avoiding eating whatever it is that made it get bigger. Ta-Da.

When I decided to change my lifestyle my roommate asked me what kind of diet I was on. I said I wasn't on a diet. He said well it seems like you are. I said, Fine, I am on the the no bullshit diet. See that candy over there? That's bullshit. So I don't eat it. That coca cola? That's also bullshit. So I don't drink it. This box of captain crunch? Bullshit. See this banana? Not bullshit. This whole grain bread? Not bullshit. These cucumbers? Not bullshit. This wild salmon? Not Bullshit.

Ta-Da. Lost 50lbs, feel much better.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: High carbers, diet, opinions, yum [Re: specialpeopleclub] * 1
    #22934075 - 02/22/16 03:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Humans are hardcore motherfucking omnivores and different people will thrive on completely different diets depending on tens of thousands of potential variables.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract