Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Psychology teachers... *DELETED* *DELETED*
    #2278959 - 01/27/04 08:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by SpecialEd

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2279005 - 01/27/04 08:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

the type of person you are describing comes along once every so often I find, they're not just psychology teachers  :smirk: I think they just sort of act that way because they are nice people and want to start thier relationship to you being 'on your side' or something to that effect. give her a shot, maybe you'll end up really liking her teaching style.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2279130 - 01/27/04 09:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sounds to me like a community college intro psych teacher to me. had one just like that myself.

realize two things:

a. she's probably smarter than you think
b. she's patronizing the class for the benefit of all the idiots who arent as smart as you are.

I reccomending subtly letting her know you're closer to her level via what you say in class. it will be rewarding for both of you, not to mention the rest of the class.

InvisibleKeyannki
    #2279330 - 01/27/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

good lord, she's a dualist and a trickster. use the shwarz, grasshopper, she's ripe for the taking. ah I mean use mind-tricks. hehe

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: Keyannki]
    #2293264 - 02/02/04 02:57 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Your prof sounds like a total idiot. Is she even a prof (dr) or just an instructor?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293366 - 02/02/04 04:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>One thing that she did today that I enjoyed was make every male stand up and then started to make fun of the people who were walking billboards for designer clothes.

Cool I realy wish i was there for that one it would of been so funny, I think more people should make fun of people wearing designer adverts.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: EvilGir]
    #2293400 - 02/02/04 05:10 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"One thing that she did today that I enjoyed was make every male stand up and then started to make fun of the people who were walking billboards for designer clothes"

wooohooo. What a pretentious idiot, I would have asked her, in a really sarcastic tone: "Why is such an intelligent woman like you teaching at a community college??".

making fun of students for their clothing? thats so shallow and immature. Who cares if people want to spend their money on Louis Vitton, thats their bussiness, it hurts NO ONE.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2293424 - 02/02/04 05:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Barring wage slavers in the third world, that is

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2293539 - 02/02/04 07:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Someone sounds angry. Maybe you should chill out. :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2293616 - 02/02/04 08:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well thats a pretty cool teacher indeed..

I'd rather have a teacher like that as opposed to some really fast-talking uber-strict teacher spouting asininely esoteric psychological lectures with a 'feel my wrath' angry attitude that just goes right over everybody's head like a bad haircut. :smirk:

The first thing that usually tipped me off in the past as to whether I'll like the teacher or not, has been when they ask at the end of their lecture/lesson; "Any Questions?" and then they wait 2 millionths of a second and carry on and dismiss the subject, without giving a single damn person a chance to ask a question.
:nonono:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2294414 - 02/02/04 02:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Barring wage slavers in the third world, that is "

actually, most high-end designer clothing is soo expensive because it is hand made in france.

and what? you dont want people in developing countries to have jobs? should they just die of starvation? lofty ideals dont equal a meal

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
    #2295845 - 02/02/04 10:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok... I wear designer clothing because I like the look of it, so I suppose if I was in that class, I'd be made fun of by the professor for dressing the way I do? She's just as bad as any other asshole that criticizes the people who smoke marijuana, consume mushrooms, drop tabs, or take any other mind altering substances.

Quote:

One thing that she did today that I enjoyed was make every male stand up and then started to make fun of the people who were walking billboards for designer clothes.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by phEight (02/02/04 10:40 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: phEight]
    #2297336 - 02/03/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phEight said:
She's just as bad as any other asshole that criticizes the people who smoke marijuana, consume mushrooms, drop tabs, or take any other mind altering substances.

How can you assume that? You don't even know her. Maybe it was a lesson in not being so quick to get upset over being mocked for trivial shit? Some people take things way too seriously, lighten up!  :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinephEight
fate
Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2297552 - 02/03/04 01:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
How can you assume that? You don't even know her. Maybe it was a lesson in not being so quick to get upset over being mocked for trivial shit? Some people take things way too seriously, lighten up!  :grin:
Peace.

Now now, how can you be so quick to assume I took things that seriously? I was just making a statement, wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. =P

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: phEight]
    #2297616 - 02/03/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phEight said:
Now now, how can you be so quick to assume I took things that seriously? I was just making a statement, wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. =P

How can you be so quick to assume that I assumed you took things seriously?  :grin:

I tend to not make too many assumptions.. I was just taking the words as they were arranged and responding to what it said. No assumptions were made as far as yourself or any sort of intention or purpose you put into it. :wink:

Far too many times have I assumed something and it has bit me in the ass. hehe. I tend to pass along the "lighten up" message at any rate, life is too short to live in negativity.  :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinephEight
fate
Re: Psychology teachers... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2298160 - 02/03/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Heheh, yeah, it's cool. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2299515 - 02/04/04 02:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Being a psych major w/ a minor in neuro ive run into tons of psych professors.

I think alot of them are very nice and knowledgeable people, but some have major ego issues. One of my favorites ended up killing himself halfway through the class, unfortunately.

A professor i have now told us that almost all the Psychology professors he knows at my school (USC) have absolutely horrific lives outside of school. Depressed, alcoholics, divorced 3x+, etc, and that the only saving grace in their lives is teaching.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale