Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
society is a trap
    #2293210 - 02/02/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

all societies are like one big trap. I find that living in a society that forces you to conform to its ways is alot like being raped, only mentally. Society makes you tired and robs you of your youth and your dreams. Its like a guantlet and most people dont make it out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: society is a trap [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293212 - 02/02/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

so what is your plan then?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Re: society is a trap [Re: Strumpling]
    #2293215 - 02/02/04 04:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I plan to work within the system and become skilled and financially independant enough so that I dont have to work for anybody, or so I can have a job I like.

you have to be really skillfull. You have to brainwash yourself basically, so you think that your skill is more important than it actually is, so you will be able to study and perfect it all day everyday.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2293216 - 02/02/04 04:38 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

society in general, or only governemnt based ones? civilization.....

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2293217 - 02/02/04 04:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you want to make your job a hobby if you can. if not, jsut at least have a perspective on the ways things are so you don't get bogged down emotionally, that's what I see happening a lot.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Re: society is a trap [Re: kaiowas]
    #2293225 - 02/02/04 04:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

all societies, all collectivizations have horrendous cultish aspects to them, forcing you to be something you arent. Thats why they give us dumb education, so we wont know who we are or what we want to do, keep us empty headed so they can fill us up really easy.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2293230 - 02/02/04 04:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah Kaiowas, you are right about the emotional thing, I am more or less seeking to own my own business because i want to be financially free with my girlfriend.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2293235 - 02/02/04 04:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

a lot of cultish aspects is in the taboo. your parents instill this in you though, and it takes a lot to break free of it. wh yis it that so many people turn into their parents??

yeah our education is ridiculous, not to mentioned hampered by what politicians have to say.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2293242 - 02/02/04 04:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

read biographies about people who pulled off the same types of goals you want to achieve

it will help re-write some of your parents' programming

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: society is a trap [Re: Droz]
    #2293243 - 02/02/04 04:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"financially free with my girlfriend."

good luck  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in all seriousness though, if people alone thought aqbout how our money system (america's) is basically fake, then there's a lot of worries about money right out the window, a lot of suffering that could end.  could it ever get to that though is the question.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2293245 - 02/02/04 04:49 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

do you listen to Coast to Coast AM?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2293247 - 02/02/04 04:49 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You could live alone in the desert wastelands of central Nevada and see if you prefer that to society. Be sure to give us a full report.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

#2293252 - 02/02/04 04:50 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, but money is needed, because the days of hunting and trapping are over, we need super complicated economic systems that most people cant understand, its like a mirage, its what keeps society going. If we didnt have money, we would be in some crazy violent war-time world....like liberia.

Edited by lostsuitcase (02/02/04 04:50 AM)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: society is a trap [Re: Strumpling]
    #2293254 - 02/02/04 04:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"do you listen to Coast to Coast AM? "

no I haven't.  what do they talk about? what's the station number, I'l give it a listen to :smile:

--------------------

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

#2293255 - 02/02/04 04:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"You could live alone in the desert wastelands of central Nevada and see if you prefer that to society. Be sure to give us a full report. "

you misunderstand. Society is not the same as humans, nor is it the same as community.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2293261 - 02/02/04 04:54 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"You could live alone in the desert wastelands of central Nevada and see if you prefer that to society. Be sure to give us a full report."

that's one choice, but not the only choice.

"yeah, but money is needed, because the days of hunting and trapping are over, we need super complicated economic systems that most people cant understand, its like a mirage, its what keeps society going. If we didnt have money, we would be in some crazy violent war-time world....like liberia."

do we really need it? but even further than that, we do have this system to work with at least. its just I see poeple get emotionally attached to money on so many levels, and it's unhealthy

--------------------

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

#2293274 - 02/02/04 05:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

its all a fucking trap. No escape. No wonder so many people kill themselves. The sad thing is that so many people think they are free.

newsflash - if you are working a job 40 hours a week doing something you dont enjoy, then you arent free.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2293279 - 02/02/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ok well I do liove in this sytem, and I can do as much as I can to get out of it, but so mnay people agree to it now. they have no other reason not to. what I always hated was that they said that people who lived before us were worse off? and I'm like how??

why can't I go out to hunt my own food? reason is that there's too many of us now, oh and I need a license.

--------------------

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

#2293297 - 02/02/04 05:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i dont know, I just feel that life is like this big ocean, this big crazy fucking ocean.

with dolphins and underwater chimpanzees, aliens, robots, cantinas, all sorts of stuff.

but society just wants to keep you in its submarine.

Invisiblejamm71
poodle faker

Loc: Newfoundland
    #2293360 - 02/02/04 06:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lostsuitcase said:
yeah, but money is needed, because the days of hunting and trapping are over, we need super complicated economic systems that most people cant understand, its like a mirage, its what keeps society going. If we didnt have money, we would be in some crazy violent war-time world....like liberia.

I hate to break it to you, but we ARE in some crazy violent war-time world...and its mostly BECAUSE of money...it's certainly NOT needed. Its how they keep us under control.

"A financial system is not a natural system. It is a creation of man?s intelligence, and while not having any physical limitations, is subject to the laws of mathematics best shown by the accounting models that it adheres to. While it is totally separate from the natural economy of production, consumption, and asset accumulation, it is designed specifically to control the natural economy, and indeed would not exist except to do so."

That was from some eye-opening info on the history of the Federal Reserve System....I defy you to read it and not be shocked/pissed.

http://www.justiceplus.org/essay_index.htm
http://www3.sympatico.ca/truegrowth/kutyn.htm#illusion

"money is the nothing you get for something before you can get anything."

enjoy the read
j

--------------------
I am another yourself

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology