Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
irritable bowel syndrome
    #2282562 - 01/29/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

hello i suffer from irritable bowel syndrome i was wondering if anyone else has got it and if they could help me...im always sick and its starting to bother me more and more. i just started college and its already given me trouble and im starting my old habit of not wanting to go to school because of it. its a fear i have and while i tripped ive tried to get over without success . see the more nervous i get the more pain i have with my stomach and the fear of other people noticing my discomfort drives me into a panic state which excalates my stomach problem into a epsiode of southpark with exploding shitss.  :confused:  but it doesnt do that all the time somtime it just makes me feel sick ." help me obi won conobi your my only hope  :crying:"

any remedies for stomach problems and anxiety would be greatly appreaciated. or any other advice...

James

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2282699 - 01/29/04 01:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

When I was in law school, everyone had their different problems with regard to nerves.  Some people fainted, some had irritable bowel syndrome, some broke out in hives, some had panic attacks.  I had hives and panic attacks.  :grin:

Everything usually calmed down as people got settled in.  I don't know how far into college you are, but it will settle down.

At my law school, they had an "on-site" counselor to help people with the stress.  Most colleges have a counseling center where you can talk to someone who is using the experience as his externship.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2285284 - 01/29/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I suffer from the same thing.  Its all about control.  For me it was a series of dietary changes to control it and now I feel great.  I mostly stopped drinking and smoking(eating shit food) for a few weeks to let my stomach recooperate.  After its back on track you can do those two things but you just cant go crazy or it will come back.  As for the shrooms... it will always be a bit weird because you are anxious on top of having this syndrome so just mentally prepare yourself and try to eat very healthy for a week in advance and you will be fine.  Above all you have to stop worrying about it so much and try to place it in the back of your mind because the worrying generally makes it worse.  Just my opinion tho.  Feel free to pm me about it if you have some more questions. :laugh:

Bacha

OfflinespasticSofa
I don't need noinstruction toknow how toROCK!

Loc: eh?
    #2285459 - 01/29/04 09:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

James, I had the exact same deal. I can't really offer too much advice...it got so bad that I ended up having to drop out of high school. The IBS started winding up soon after and I was fine by the time I was enrolled in a community college a couple months later. Seemed like it was really just high school that did it for me, but I'm not going to tell you to drop out of college to 'fix' the problem....that would be stupid. So I don't know what to tell you other than that it might dissapear one day.

--------------------

Edited by spasticSofa (01/29/04 09:23 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2285462 - 01/29/04 09:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There are certain things it is best to avoid such as alcohol, coffee, jalapeno peppers, etc. It may help to get more fiber in your diet. Metamucil (or another form of psyllium husks) can be very helpful. Also, try eating yogurt or kaffir as these contain friendly bacteria, which can aid digestion. Irregular sleep patterns or lack of sleep may also be a factor affecting your nerves.

Do you think there is a possibility you may have an ulcer? Ulcers are sometimes caused by a bacterial infection, and have been successfully treated with VERY powerful antibiotics... But there is something to be aware of about these super antibiotics; they may also lead to diarrhea because they wipe out your friendly gut bacteria, allowing bad bacteria to flourish. I had this problem after being treated for an intractable illness. I stumbled upon a cure, French Onion Soup and lots of it, as well as lots of Garlic. Both onions and garlic have wonderful anti-bacterial properties and worked for me by killing off the bad bacteria, which had flourished in my intestines. I also supplemented my diet with capsules of friendly bacteria that I purchased at the health food store as well as yogurt and kaffir. The diarrhea, which had plagued me for several months, ceased.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: Evolving]
    #2285477 - 01/29/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My mom had this for a while. The docs said that it was induced by stress, so they gave her some anti depressants to try and relieve the stress that was put on her stomach. It helped a lot i guess she said.

Watching your diet is of prime importance, remember to drink water. It helps your stomach digest all the food that you drink, it also helps you filter out toxins which may be building up in your body. Try excersizing some, and im going to second the fiber like evolving said.

--------------------
What?

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2285511 - 01/29/04 09:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

diet and exercise.  most health food stores carry Colon Cleanser, frienldy bacteria.  If you're not a diabetic, you may want to look into juice fasting.  Try some raw veggies too. :crazy2:
i've gotten over mine, but when i become extremely stressed it returns for a day or so.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Anonymous #1

#2292422 - 02/01/04 07:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've had this problem since I started my education at an EXTREMELY conservative private university. The noise is the only thing that bothers me since I have had digestive problems my entire life. I've been working on it to no avail for almost a year.

My first change in diet was going vegetarian. It helped a lot at first, but I still drank milk and ate cheese, which aggravated my problems horribly.

I stopped smoking cigs and drinking alcohol, avoiding broccoli/cauliflower/hot peppers/others. Still didn't help. Started self-medicating with opiates to control the uncomfortable spasms, which needless to say caused more problems than it stopped.

I've been clean from hydrocodone for almost three weeks now and my stomach is FINALLY returning to normal. Within the past week, I have cut out all dairy products (including things like MILK chocolate, etc) and began taking Citrucel as a fiber supplement. Citrucel is a lot better IMO because it does not cause the excess gas that metamucil can. Also, following Evolving's advice, I started taking homemade gelcaps of diced garlic. I went and got some "Kwai Garlic Supplements" (200mg garlic powder) and started on them today. Will not eat French Onion soup because it contains beef fat.

GARLIC=KEY. About 30min after taking the garlic, my stomach gets a little upset but then gradually calms down and amazingly stops making noise! Taking this 3-4 times daily (~400mg garlic per dose) combined with citrucel at the first sign of problems has helped amazingly. It hasn't cured my problem completely, but it has remarkably improved.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know as this is a work in progress!

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: Organic]
    #2292563 - 02/01/04 08:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive been taking metamucil it helps but not that much .... the garlic sounds good maybe il try that...the diet aspect i cant stop drinking milk its my baby and ive been eating better i guess lately i dunno im bad with diet i dunno wut to eat...thanks everyone for your input . if theres anyone esle with someideas share please

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2293142 - 02/02/04 02:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Try some ginger, thats what my mom always gives me for upset stomachs and nausea and it seems to help. I have a very sensitive gag reflex so I pretty much feel intensely nauseated several times each day but the ginger seemed to help. Umm, I have a pretty sensitive stomach too, after I cut milk out of my diet symptoms definitely cleared up. If anxiety is triggering these episodes then maybe meditation will help.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
    #2295201 - 02/02/04 07:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Check out the following link :
Top 20 Diagnoses Before a Diagnosis of Celiac Disease

A lot of information that may help you at Celiac.com. Hope this may
be of some use. IBS is a pain in the ass (pun intended) :lol:

Namaste,

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#2295527 - 02/02/04 08:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried any organic teas?, preferably mint, licorice, yerba mate.  organic apple cider viniger or aloe vera juice.  multivitamens? Epsom salt as a laxative will reduce dairy buildup, there's a thread in General right now i think. Tums?
    Garlic is a miracle herb :heartpump:, a member of the Lily family, it destroys the not so good bacteria, without losing the good stuff.  and there's a laundry list of other benefits,  supposedley roasting it releases more enzymes but i like to eat freash cloves.  ginger is also a wonderful stomach aid and can be grown easily in the shade. :tongue2: it's best to find it in bulk, rather than supplements.  take a good pinch and wash it down with pure water. 
    Hang it there, it's gets easier, i'd suggest that you go to health food store and get to the bottom of this. :pill2:
    Guided imagery may also be another option  Personal Reflections & Meditations  by Bernie S. Siegel, M.D. music by Daniel Kolbialka, check Amazon.com or a book store.  I wish you well.

--------------------

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: schmutzen]
    #2303770 - 02/05/04 03:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think meditation is a good idea . ive tried it in the past but i didnt get very far and now i have trouble focusing. marjiuna helps but i wanna be able to do it on my own....anyone got any links to meditation guides?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#2311004 - 02/07/04 04:38 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i too thought i had i.b.s. but it wasn't really the phsyical aspects of it. but the mental! which obviously affected the phsyical. like diarrea, constipation, uncomfort all the time.

ive had this problem for over a year now. and it was all mental. and after a year of doin nothing but runnin away i tried/did/failed at so many attempts i gave to cure it.

it seemed almost impossible to stop thinking this way and it still is to this very day because it was so horrible that it was normal to be this mental about it. i dont reallly know how the problem arose. but i could guess. because i started feelin uncomfortable,etc. after i started to get social anxiety. which was weird because i was a pretty social person. then one year it hits me. i was so afraid to stand up on my desk if somene was behind me, etc. i focused too much about something that didn't exist.

i tried drugs,metamucil,askin for help, ettttc. none worked. it made me forget about my problems and id feel REGULAR again for a while but i knew that none of this would be permenant.

so for over a year i was always depressed and had mad mood swings and didnt have much of a social life. because i was a teen that cared too much about what others think, and tried to be cool and popular and all that stupid non important shit. and i was never happy with myself and never understood myself.

i honestly never thought that things like this could cause problems like that. full of insecurities, etc.

i took time to get to really know who i am. and my social anxiety was cured. when iwas just being myself and tried really hard not to care what others thought of me.
i then gained some self confidence! and boy does it feel good to be content with yourself. that u dont even have to look in the mirror and think if you are wearing cool stuff. or you dont feel that looks+clothing is what you are and are gonna be judged by. but that you are just yourself and you have no thoughts of what you think others are gonna think of you. and u dont even have to care and always stress about what to wear. dont get me wrong. its ok if one likes to accesorize. only if he/she does so because thats who they are. feeling fake goes out the window.

and it almost magically made my constip. discomfort, diaarhea,etc. go away~! i finally made things better. altho i admit i am not fully recovered. but i just wanted to share you my quick story of how my recoperatings went. OH boy was it pure hell when i first started to pick up such a horrible mental problem! never thought things were gonna get better at all. and then here i am. almost 1 yr+ and that problem is slowly fading away.

it was a hard battle but i didn't want to give up. no matter what. i just kept trying and experimented. and i only started to really solve this problem when i took the time to understand myself. which is funny because i never thought that this would be the answer and id never thought id end up being a better happier person. its so unfanthomable! i am so proud of myself.

so i hope you can read thru this mess and kno that its possible. just never give up on hope. you will get thru if u truly want to.

peace~

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

#2312532 - 02/07/04 06:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know of any links, only that  [url=http://www.erowid.org ]erowid[/url]  has a few sites if you search.  never underestimate the power of food.  bananas do wonders for me.  have you tried eating rice, beans, cereals, granola bars for a few days?  do you walk daily and drink enough water?  any good bookstore or library should have some meditation books or be able to order them.  i think books are better than websites because you can bring them with you until you no longer need them. :gd_icon:

--------------------

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: schmutzen]
    #2316155 - 02/08/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

dude you need to go on a fast. If you dont eat you wont have those problems, and Im being serious.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#2316402 - 02/08/04 11:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i have the more serious form of IBD which is called Crohn's Disease ...

i go to a gastroenterologist specifically for my crohn's to take medicine to induce remission, or at least as much relief as possible ...

things you should know about IBD and Crohn's is that they are both HIGHLY affected by stress, which i know personally ... the mental anxiety coincides with the actual physical discomfort in your intestines (not stomach, stomach cures will NOT help ... IBD is an inflammation of the intestines caused by many things ... i know that for my crohn's, i have to avoid caffeine, which can precipitate strong crohn's pains and mental anxiety leaning towards panic ... i can't eat fiber (yet), so no fruits or vegetables, because those can cause a crohn's attack which consists of your body becoming physically paralyzed and you being in severe mental discomfort ... i have had 4 such attacks since i first found out i had crohn's (a year ago or so) ...

since seeing the doctor, all of my ailments are fading away heavily, and crohn's isn't even nearly as treatable as simple IBD (because crohn's is not curable ... IBD is)

i would HIGHLY suggest going to the doctor and spending the amount of money to live normally

if not for getting on my current medicine, i would currently be a wreck in life, and i'd never get anywhere ...

best of luck, if you want to talk PM me ...

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: irritable bowel syndrome [Re: HB]
    #2316807 - 02/09/04 04:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im nervous to go to one of these doctors. my friend told me he had problems and they shuved a thingy up is ass. do i gotta look foward to this if i go to one of those doctors? :oogle:

scolecite why do u think this would help? ive recently have been eating about 50-60 percent less in order to loose some i sat on my ass too much weight. so i dont really think i could do this without making my self sick from lack of food.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2317629 - 02/09/04 11:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah they will do a prelim exam on you which usually involves some sort of anus examination. No one likes it but you gotta do what you gotta do to get better right?

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#2331519 - 02/13/04 03:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i had a colonoscopy yesterday ... there's nothing wrong with it, because you're completely anaestheticized from the beginning till end, and the same day you feel nothing different ...

eating different amounts or different things etc. is not enough to help you out if you have IBD or Crohn's ...

these are intestinal diseases, not stomach diseases ... as i said before, general day to day things do not work for these diseases ...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag