Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #357477 - 07/19/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone have PICTURES of this mold anywhere? If so, I think everyone would want to see that...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineuniboner
Loc: TO
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: Azure]
    #357743 - 07/19/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, if anyone has any pictures of this contam, please please post it. While we are freaking out over this, I could use a better description of this contam..
Is this contam both pink and purple? pinkish purple, purpley pinkish? Are they dull, bright, or what? Does it appear as it's own growth area, or does mycelium simply take on that color? Im concerned, because one of my cakes has some blues that could be purple, but the mycelium is simply that color in a few spots which leads me to think i may have just bruised the cake, or maybe my H2O2 solution was too strong. Any thoughts?
If someone has seen this contam, can you please make a color-sample image in photoshop or paintshot so we can see just what color this contam is. I think making a picture would be better than a color description.

Thanks to all, peace, and take care.

-uniboner

Without nipples, breasts would be pointless...

--------------------
sleep is for the weak.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: uniboner]
    #357908 - 07/20/01 04:21 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Well, this is the best i could do in the form of an adobe color sample... and this is only what my jars looked like.  But for me, my mycelium grew fine and after a few days the first few jars became contaminated with little pink dots on top of the mycelium on the sides of the jar.  It seemed to envelop some small bits of BRF or vermiculite because it was all in little dots of different sizes and the colors ranged from light pink to dark pinkish/purple.  On two of my twelve jars it appeared as a pinkish haze over the mycelium but later formed the little dots. 

That's pretty much how the purple was dispersed throughout the mycelium's surface.  By the way, I also used the Sporechick's syringe and had let all my jars sit dormant for two weeks before innoculation to test for any would-be contams and no signs appeared.  O well, 1st time down the drain... but it wasn't really my fault right :wink:.  Bit dissapointed but not discouraged.  Only thing is... I can't bare to throw out the only other syringe I have (which is from sporechicks).

?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?
      Weed Legalization Freedom Fighter
        ?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: Doc]
    #357918 - 07/20/01 04:46 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

hey doc, could the bacerial meningitis be spread if you didn't dispose of it correctly? I wouldn't want the stuff sitting in my house, but i wouldnt want someone else to contract it by NO fault of their own and with NO idea of how they'd gotten it.

My head is hurting..
DO CACA!
Engage in fecal expulsion!

Edited by CACA on 07/20/01 05:46 AM.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offlineuniboner
Loc: TO
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: geokills]
    #358067 - 07/20/01 10:36 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

My thanks to you! well im a bit more at ease now.

I experimented with soaked wild rice in a few of my jars and noticed the cake has a slight, very very slight pinkish hue to it. I am assuming that this may have to do with colours leaching out of the wild rice husks (dark purple/black). I am also reassured by the appearance of primordia prior to birthing. Im hoping things stay ok. If any of you think that my assumptions are incorrect, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks and peace to all,
-uniboner

Without nipples, breasts would be pointless...

--------------------
sleep is for the weak.

Offlinevion
Stranger
    #375477 - 08/21/01 03:05 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i inoculated my jars 10 days ago (PF TEK). IN THE BEGINNING mycelium was white but after 5 days from inoculation it turned from white to white-pink (like a facial powder for women). (the same in each of my jars) - new mycelium grows white but after some time gets pink as well - what to do ? mycelium still grows

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: vion]
    #375540 - 08/21/01 08:39 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

How old are your syringes and where did you order from? This pink contamination actually colors(pink/purple) the condensation in the jars and appears as little dots of pink on the mycelium\BRF itself. If you have the same contam from the SporeChicks fiasco then your jars are doomed. They may fully colonize but they will never fruit even when birthed. The evil pink will get progressively worse towards full colonization. If you have a digi-cam post a pic. I can tell you in a second from a decent pic if it's the same type of contam.

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

OfflineClayOtis
the funkdoObiest

Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: Great_Cthulhu]
    #8806120 - 08/21/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Great_Cthulhu said:
How old are your syringes and where did you order from? This pink contamination actually colors(pink/purple) the condensation in the jars and appears as little dots of pink on the mycelium\BRF itself.  If you have the same contam from the SporeChicks fiasco then your jars are doomed. They may fully colonize but they will never fruit even when birthed. The evil pink will get progressively worse towards full colonization. If you have a digi-cam post a pic. I can tell you in a second from a decent pic if it's the same type of contam.<br><br>"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

Ok, yes i am new here, first time posting but have visited many times... i got 'ringes from sporeworks, and my jars colonized fine, and now on the second flush or so i see this foookin crap that looks like whomever said powery-womens-makeup... its mostly just on the tops of a few cakes, but has begun to travel down the sides of some, and some of the fruits are getting coated in it... i knew that it wasn't good, so i am currently losing like 1 of 5 fruits... i flush them down the toilet (LOL DEAL W/THAT, SANITATION DEPARTMENT!!), so my question is this...
If i put on my full hazmat gear, and scrape the pink fluffy "mineral powder" pink makeup shiet off my cakes, then use my crem brulet torch and fry the fook outta the cakes where the pink stuff was at... will it come back??

PS--this stuff NEVER was in the jars, it showed up 6 months into my farming, on batch 2, and seems to love the puerto ricans but is also on a few B+ and hawaiian cakes.... i'll take a picture, but only if someone really knows their funGis... dun wana post digi pics w/out getting the metadata out of them first... PLEASE "PM" me or email me or post here if you can help a semi-rookie shaman that does not want his parents, cats, girlfriend, friends, UPS man, etc to DIE cause of me... i called my dr and said i found this shiet outside and am getting a Rx of anti-biotics tonight, so i want to dawn my hazmat gear and go to town on my precious closet kiddies with the torch, but want advise on that 1st.... Great_Cthulhu i will try to contact you via email in case you dont hang here anymore....

Thanks all,

FREEE JAH MINDS!!!

C.O.

--------------------
unce unce unce unce unce

OfflineClayOtis
the funkdoObiest

Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: ClayOtis]
    #8806163 - 08/21/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh also, was wondering... if i just said F-it and havested all the pink coated fruits, could i just make super hot tea and would that kill of the crap??

Thanks all for any insites... "play it safe, throw them out" not an option really im perdy much an addict...

Thanks again,

Clay

--------------------
unce unce unce unce unce

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8806376 - 08/21/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

No pictures, no ID. 

This thread has been dead for 7 years.  I'm sure if you search the contamination faq, you'll find similar pictures to what you're seeing.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineClayOtis
the funkdoObiest

Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8807318 - 08/21/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
No pictures, no ID. 

This thread has been dead for 7 years.  I'm sure if you search the contamination faq, you'll find similar pictures to what you're seeing.
RR

honestly i have looked.. and there is nothing like this in there. RR, can you advise?  its pink, looks like my girl's "mineral powder" makeup (sept its not pink....) i will review the contamination faq AGAIN, maybe find the closest thing to this, but how to be sure when it's not 100% the same?? i realllllly LOVE life... dont wanna lose it, this is verry important to me.  Even worse, the innocents that visit me... if they got sick or God forbid DIE idk what i would do!!
Clay

--------------------
unce unce unce unce unce

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
    #8807503 - 08/21/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ClayOtis said:
Thanks all for any insites... "play it safe, throw them out" not an option really im perdy much an addict...

Sounds like you have bigger problems than just the contams.

If you are so worried about your own safety and the safety of others then throw the shit out and start over.

Really hot tea may kill the contam but probably won't breakdown any toxins that may be present. You could still get sick.

Once again, throw the shit out.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #8809764 - 08/22/08 07:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Allways getting this on my BRF cakes :/ (the contam)

well there is purple contam in the contams list.

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Invisiblelexmark
Stranger

#8818838 - 08/24/08 03:45 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

sadg

--------------------

Edited by lexmark (08/28/08 06:40 PM)

Invisibleyogurin
Cannario
Male
Loc: Spain Flag
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: Azure]
    #14541224 - 05/31/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there people!

I was looking for pictures of Neurospora on Agar; Because i have a "thing" on my homemade PDA-Agar that looks strange and wanted a confirmation.
It's mycelium from P.cubensis B+ on homemade PDA

Searched the forum for neurospora but didn't found any picture, except the ones here: What-are-common-contaminants-of-the-mushroom-culture

So, i'll post the pics from my contams that look similar to Neurospora, IMHO.
Can you confirm it's Neurospora?

*Sorry for replying to such and old post, but didn't found another topic that fitted better.

Edited by yogurin (06/01/11 04:25 AM)

Offlineeveningstarrr
Stranger

Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: puscle]
    #22928230 - 02/20/16 09:36 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

This sounds serious. I recently had brown rice vermicukite jars come up with a purple tint in small areas in my jars 6 days after inoculation. Does this sound like the safer purple mold to you?

OfflineCannabisKid
I'm a teapot

Loc: Phobos
    #24584613 - 08/28/17 05:17 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

sorry i know this is a old thread, but i thought these pictures of my agar dishes were relevant to this discussion.

i have yet to have this contam identified.

--------------------
****in Skitz m8

Follow My Journal - 22/08/17 First Grow (Monotub~Bulk)

"My posts on this forum are for role playing purposes only."

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: CannabisKid]
    #24585848 - 08/28/17 04:12 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

That is bacteria, not a mold. Unfortunately IDK which specific type, but it is definitely bacteria. Fusarium, the mold which causes the issues in the OP is not bacteria.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offlinequickmush
Stranger

#25056959 - 03/11/18 07:11 PM (6 years, 9 days ago)

I had spinal meningitis. Where does this 98 percent death rate come from? Im just curious? It totally sucked but I never heard anything like that

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple/Pink contamination can be DEADLY [Re: quickmush]
    #25063052 - 03/14/18 01:55 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

E-Coli can show up pink on agar :uhoh:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies