Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineghost_of_new_river
Mad Scientist
Loc: Terra Firma
Feels like the very first time
    #2292614 - 02/01/04 11:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, tommorow i start my first indoor mushroom grow. I have decided on the wild birdseed substrate cased in a Tomato plant grow chamber, like the ones you get in a gardening department, and a blue light bulb as the light source. i decided on the blue bulb from what i have read. Is there anything else i should know?? I am overly excited and want to make sure this is done correctly. I have read almost every tek, and was just hoping for a little bit of wisdom from more experienced mushroom growers that come to this board. P.S. I have done wonderful outside grows in the summertime in florida....any incorperations?          :mushroom2:The Ghost :mushroom2:

--------------------
Mushrooms=Godflesh

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheDrugStore
Shroomer

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Feels like the very first time [Re: ghost_of_new_river]
    #2292978 - 02/02/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

According to the light need... It really doesn't matter. Use anything and it will work. Mushrooms dont acually need sunlight to photosynthesis but just to tell them its time to grow.
At least as far as i know.

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
    #2293002 - 02/02/04 02:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

A good buddy of mine told me to tell you this.

A blue light bulb, even though might help some, won't make that much of a difference. He always just uses ambient lighting from the room he grows in.

Wild birdseed is a good choice. He prefers to use rye grass seed. Both work well.

He isn't sure what the tomato plant grower that you mention is. But would like to throw in the idea of using the good ol' reliable rubbermaid tubs.

In my buddies opinion though. You have already conqured the hardest part, that being all of the initial reading that is involved with this hobby.

Hope any of this helps.

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

OfflineSkunkMonk
Lab-Rat is myMiddle Name.

Loc: South Africa
    #2293060 - 02/02/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You're like me, you read like crazy first. Trust me just follow the teks to the letter and you'll be fine. Get your first few flushes and then you can experiment. And you've come to the right place because this message board is filled people that know whats going on and are ready to help. May you have white thumbs and be free from contams.

--------------------
If one has all,
Then one lies.
No one too tall,
Can Touch the sky.

Offlineghost_of_new_river
Mad Scientist
Loc: Terra Firma
    #2294698 - 02/02/04 06:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well, the millet is soaking, and i begin sterilization tonight around 1:00. Grey, tell your buddy that i was thinking of using the miniature green house for the casing part, instead of a baking dish and saran wrap. I do have a large (2 1/2 x 2ft} rubbermaid tub for the fruiting chamber. I was actually thing about cutting a hole large enough to screw a jar into to base the blue bulb in, instead of a window. I think i am ready. the only part i am having trouble with is trying to figure out if my spore solution has to be sterilized, (made it myself} and, if so, how do i do it??? thanx for the help, guys. Any more will be much appreciated. the ghost

--------------------
Mushrooms=Godflesh

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Portable Greenhouse, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation