Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerandom777
Stranger
kiddie pool croping container
    #2268501 - 01/24/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

looking for some opinions about this idea. take a kiddie pool (and poke small holes in the bottom??).put 5 gallon bucket with 1/4 holes drilled all the way around 6 inches from bottom in the center of pool. fill bucket with a couple inches of moist perliteand salt h2o2... fill doughnut shaped hole with spawn, case then cover the whole thing with plastic. since the top of the bucket is covered with plastic moisture can only escape out holes into fruiting area. also could you put a bag of ice in the 5 gallon bucket to induce fruiting. any comment would be helpfull thanks for taking the time to read this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: random777]
    #2268536 - 01/24/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i think u would be good if u just filled the pool with your bulk + ton of spawn, and made the top of the pool air tight, then cased that w/ coir+verm and kept the casing surface nice and moist. but ive never tried anything remotely similar to this, so im talking out of my ass. the perilite bucket idea might work better if u had a fan blowin in the bucket, but without good circulation i dont think the perilite would be doing much better then keeping the casing misted.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Anonymous

#2268546 - 01/24/04 03:06 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i reckon those kiddies turtle shaped sand pits with a lid would be better

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2268737 - 01/24/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

thas gonna be a hella lotta spawn...

~JSlice~

--------------------

OfflineParanoidSchizoid
Fun Guy With TheFungi
    #2274055 - 01/26/04 07:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say you could skip casing if preferred. I probably would the first time around. That thing would produce plenty of humidity on its own if it was contained in a tent. The opening around the lower perimeter of the tent would allow for co2 to escape and the heat produced from the substrate would cause the water vapor to rise(maybe?) and collect in the tent. Am I wrong? Somewhat like a straw log but more like a straw patty! What type of substrate were you considering using? I hope you try it. If I had a place to do it I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Let us know what you decide!

--------------------
Growing conspiracy
Everyone's after me
Frayed ends of sanity
Hear them calling
Hear them calling me

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: ParanoidSchizoid]
    #2274211 - 01/26/04 09:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've got a 14 quart casing in a 150L r-maid right now, colonized, cased, patched and waiting for pins,

I simply placed a transparent garbage bag over the top of the bin loosely fit, and check on it every other day....

no reason why this would not work.

my advise is to not make the casing too deep.. without some kind of bottom ventilation method.. like 4 inches max..

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: PooPs]
    #2280762 - 01/28/04 12:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

lol that would be one big contamination if you ask me...i have found that fruting 1/2pints invitro with eq's to be the best way to get shrooms with little work...im talking 6g dry per 1/2 pint...do the math.

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2281717 - 01/28/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

ive heard its possible to get 28g dry from 3 flushes off a cased quart jar of rye in a perilite bucket faned regularly.

and ive also heard millet is even better. im having trouble finding the un-hulled kind though =(

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineRohypnol
Vice Figurehead

Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: amyloid]
    #2281952 - 01/28/04 08:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

28 grams? Thats just an ounce... thats not that good :-/

Offlinerandom777
Stranger
    #2289247 - 01/31/04 07:28 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

right my my friend get one to two ounce dry flushes from kitty litter trays. and he does it so easy, simple. I cant do what he does(family)but I will put a kiddie pool in my garden this spring. maby try some oyster kiddie pool beds.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX
Trusted Cultivator
    #2290125 - 01/31/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If you want to do a large scale grow make a shelf system with about 18" shelf spacing and do multiple "bulk neglect" style grows using wine boxes or milk cartons (bulk faq's). Get some insulation boards (home depot) and Make the top shelf an incubator box to fit one shelfs worth of boxes and some spawn jars for incubation. In a 2x3'footprint with 4 fruiting shelfs you could get 2 lbs a flush, ($4-6k value) and thats more then you can probably move unless if you have connections. Every week change out the spent shelfs boxes with the ones you have prepped in the incubator.

Dont get too crazy with bulk grows. Get a few flushes then give it a rest for a few months. Too much shrooms can be bad if the same buyers keep using and also you dont want any heat. If your growing in bulk only sell in bulk (by lbs) to one or two people. And never talk about it or tell that your growing them to the buyers, just say you bought them.

Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: Rohypnol]
    #2290452 - 01/31/04 07:24 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

28 IS good for a single quart of substrate

see stamets biological efficiency explanation in his book

Offlinezoomerman
zoomer
Loc: Arizona
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2292082 - 02/01/04 04:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Grower you are an idiot. You are definitely gonna get busted sayin shit like that on this site. This is for hobbiests only, not for people selling mushrooms for profit.

--------------------
As long as there is dope to fill it, there is no reason to stop hitting the bong... ever.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: zoomerman]
    #2292177 - 02/01/04 05:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

O ok, i am an idiot, i always thought so...
Chill out with the name calling and when you do name call make it someting that fits the person or something funny like an assmonkey.

So how do you think shrooms get on the street? Someone has to do it. And how am i going to get busted telling someone how to do a bulk neglect grow, that already has a FAQ with pics of a guy growing about 5 lbs try total out of the 3 boxed he showed, he could have easily had more. With my project, i can assure you that some will be sold, it makes my time worth while and gives e some extra cash. There are much legaly worse things then growing a pound or two of mush, like a few kilos of outdoor weed :laugh:

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: Gr0wer]
    #2300602 - 02/04/04 12:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Gr0wer, I think I'm the person that you refer to regarding the bulk neglect report and the pics and stuff. Some things need to be laid out straightforward.

The scale of my growing increased dramatically around the time of the bulk neglect grows. It increased only because I reached a point in my life where I knew I couldn't continue growing, or fucking with the black market at all anymore. One last bang if you will. It was done for fun. It was done for karma. It was done for the OMC and the real world MC. It was certainly not for money.

Everyone should be aware that psychedelics have a different subculture from most drugs, including a large contingent of people who are very much opposed to drug dealer capitalism. These people are mostly loose groups of friends, growers, chemists etc. The general rule of thumb is to not charge for something that should be free.

The large scale of my last grows was an investment in karma, not money. The fruits were not sold, but rather given to the community where they were enjoyed free of charge by many.

The karma paid off. I don't have to worry about keeping drugs in my house. Whatever I want, is simply given to me, whenever I want it. I don't have to worry about the drug dealers, the risk of incarceration, nothing. I just show up, have fun, and go home clean as a whistle. Not only am I free from the risks of the street, I am free of paranoia.

Of course shrooms get on the street by people selling them. But that doesn't mean that's how things should be. Shrooms shouldn't be on the street with coke and crack and smack and all that bullshit. Shrooms should be on the farms, at the shows, in the campgrounds. They should not be tainted with the filth of the street, they should be spread with the love of a community.

Perhaps you would consider cultivating towards a positive goal for all rather than a short term buck for yourself? I think that you should at least give it your consideration, seeing as how you've benefitted from my contribution. I do not like the idea of my posts contributing to drug dealer capitalism.

Give it a try, your friends and your karma will thank you.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: kiddie pool croping container [Re: mycofile]
    #2300633 - 02/04/04 12:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That being said, back to topic. A casing the size of a kiddie pool shouldn't require a sealed environment, or fancy rigging. A humidifier in the room should keep the humidity around 75%, and it wouldn't need to be run long as the huge casing itself will give off a lot of moisture. Ice would not be necessary as temp drops are not needed for cubensis (the fact that you ask about this leads me to think that you might be daydreaming beyond your experience level though).

That being said, I don't think there is any benefit in using a kiddie pool. I think other ways would be easier, less trouble and more efficient. Straw logs, multiple mortar tub trays etc come to mind.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale