Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNeverWasOrWillBe
Stranger
Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? *DELETED*
    #2291858 - 02/01/04 01:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by NeverWasOrWillBe

Reason for deletion: this post needs deleted

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: NeverWasOrWillBe]
    #2291889 - 02/01/04 02:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1. Condensation is fine. It is what happens to bags once they get over 80 degrees. The towl is not needed. Light doesn't hinder mycobag growth ime. Make sure the temp is in the low to mid 80's. DO NOT OVERHEAT YOUR BAG.

2. 2-2.5 cc is fine. Be sure to innoculate the plastic wall of the bag. Puncture the bag, and spray the spores on the plastic, not in the middle of the subsatrate. Then mash the bag to spread the spores. Once you have myc, mash the bag again. Mash a 3rd time at like 80% colonization if you feel you need to. Be sure to mash the myc up. It will crush... and disapear. Don't worry. It will grow back very quickly and be more evenly dispersed. If you payed for your spores, 4-5cc is TOO much. You will be wasting money. Always save some spores in case something goes wrong.

Good Luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: Rose]
    #2291916 - 02/01/04 02:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

iwouldn't normally suggest this too a nebwie. but i just thought id throw it in. check out g2g transfers. i think myco bags are excellent for this.good luck on the first grow i started out with mycobags and they were very succesful.i used 10cc on my first one so your fine man.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #2291927 - 02/01/04 02:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you bought pre filled mycobags, I would not try gtg. GTG requires a pc... so if you mess something up, you can quickly make more substrate. GTG isn't worth the price of pre filled bags... especially for a newbie.

People who buy pre filled bags usually don't have a good gtg setup.

Otherwise, gtg rules all.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineNeverWasOrWillBe
Stranger
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #2292012 - 02/01/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by NeverWasOrWillBe

Reason for deletion: this post needs deleted

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: NeverWasOrWillBe]
    #2292041 - 02/01/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NeverWasOrWillBe said:
1.)but why does everyone else say to always keep colonizing bags in the dark until they are ready to fruit?

You could do either...exposure to light could induce early pinning, you are fruiting in the bag so it it doesnt matter much...I prefer dark for incubation

Quote:

2.) Furthermore, where should I puncture the bag at? (low or high) Do I need to be concerned about contamination through that puncture hole? (in the coming weeks I mean)

also personal preference...I would mark a spot with a sharpie about 1" aboge the substrate and run it down the side, the reason is it allows you to see the colonization earlier...best way is wipe it with alcohol, mark it with a sharpie, flame the needle and inject.

Quote:

3.)How long would a partially used spore syringe remain viable at a temperature of 70 degrees? (I have read an estimate of two weeks in a fridge)

in a fridge it could last a couple of yeas...I know I've had some stored in an outdoor shed for a couple of years and had no problem out of them. the thing to remember is that it's better to use them within the first 6 months

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2292058 - 02/01/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just have a quick question, it's something i've always wondered about; if you shake immediately after spore injection, will you slow germination times as many spores are required to germinate? I know that there are millions of spores, bu they must be in close proximity to germinate. Thoughts?

-Odium

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in bags, & how many cc's to innoculate? [Re: OJK]
    #2292175 - 02/01/04 05:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1. Light can cause pinning but IME, bags will not pin until they have fully colonized. Even if they pin early, the bag should colonize fully before harvest. You have mycobags and they are fun to watch. Why not watch 'em? That is one of the best parts of using mycobags. They will stay sterile... it is fun to watch 'em grow. In fact, some of my friend's largest fruits were incubated in the light. I learned a lot from watching those bags grow.

2. I have heard of a lot of people (including myself) not seeing colonization, or failing because they inoculated the center of the bag. The spores seem to suffocate... and even if they germinate, it will take a long time before you see the germination because it is in the center of the substrate. Never failed by squirting the side of the bag... besides, it is wht Mr. Mycobag himself recomends.

3. No clue, all my syringes have been refrigerated... this stalls most (if not all) growth (contaminant or otherwise)... eventually your syringes will get a bacterial infection (according to Ryche Hawk)... 6 months is the rule of thumb.... but they could last longer if they are stored well). Prints are a MUCH longer lasting way to save spores... don't worry, you'll have some soon... prints are very cool.

Odiumjunkie: I don't know for sure. Mushing the substrate works so well (Mr. Mycobag suggests this as well, it spreads the spores... 2.5cc will be MILLIONS of spores so spreading them around wll not be a problem... it also loosens the soil making for easy colonization) I haven't tried it without. I have noticed a lot of folks have trouble if they didn't mash the substrate... resulting in slow or stalled colonization. Myc grows quickly if the substrate is like potting soil. Otherwise, you may as well colonize a brick.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale