Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
"Natural" Perception
    #2290911 - 01/31/04 11:59 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

When you look out inside a city, or a suburban neigborhood, what do you see first... Nature, or human development.

(Nature in this case, being raw nature, plants, trees, wild animals other than humans, that are not in a cage, clouds, vegetation, etc)

(human development being buildings, cars, walkways, etc)

For instance: When you are walking down the street in your city do you:

A) see the strange eclectic mix of buildings, side walk, streets, and cars/. Then see the "raw nature".

Or:

B) Do you see the trees, the grass, the birds, and the sky, and then see the "human development".

--------
I would GREATLY appreciate feedback on this issue. Its been concerning me for quite some time now.

--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2290945 - 02/01/04 12:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, I'm keeping my eye open for the wild nature no matter how domestic a place is. It'll grab my attention even if there is very little. A dandelion thats pushed its way though ashphalt, or a group of raucous crows is more likely to catch my eyes or ears than cement or metal structures. I find the smallest lifeform more awe inspiring than the largest building. But to be honest, I had to make the concious effort at first. There was a long time where I was unaware of those things until I realized my own unawareness and conciously altered my focus.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2291082 - 02/01/04 02:27 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wish I could say that I saw one or the other. Truth is, I see both.

Hmm. Wait a minute.

Minute's up.

I first see the buildings and streets, but I look for the vegetation.

I love both.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2291309 - 02/01/04 07:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I tend to take in everything, as it is... what is there is what I see. Beauty and wonder is in it all. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2291356 - 02/01/04 08:09 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

it depends on the time of day.  if I go outside in the morning, there are too many noisy cars that pass by, they scare the birds away obviously.  A lot of the time though if its morning, the clouds and the rising sun always put on a great show, especially since the sun rises above the green hills, hehe it's hella cool :grin:  in this case, I would be admiring nature and then see civilization as being planted on nature. 

then again I see littering a lot. but that's when I start thinking to myself, yeah littering on the streets sure, but isn't concrete littering on nature itself?  things are hard pressed to grow around concrete.  seeing it this way, it's civilization in nature.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineGridge420
ParentalAdvisory
Loc: High
Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: kaiowas]
    #2291535 - 02/01/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yo zero, go wake up fungus and duck and tell them their not horseman!

--------------------
When I spit, I shine.

OfflineGridge420
ParentalAdvisory
    #2291536 - 02/01/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds saine to me :smile:

--------------------
When I spit, I shine.

OfflineGridge420
ParentalAdvisory
Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: Gridge420]
    #2291543 - 02/01/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone ever think of people as being animals? Or am i just that fucked in the head? I have a feeling its the 2nd one lol

--------------------
When I spit, I shine.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: kaiowas]
    #2291544 - 02/01/04 10:55 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

A carved stone can really bring out the natural features around it, AND it will bring out many things about human nature itself. (thats my opinion anyway, i really love sculpture too)

Or you could lay out a nice path of concrete. It is just rocks after all. You could do cobblestone, or lay out rocks in a nice pattern.

The bad thing about concrete, is when it is done to excess. I think it can really help out in certain circumstances for humans. But those square mile parking lots filled with concrete. Ahhhh... that a different story. WE know what that parking lot serves... for the most part. But concrete can be broken up and used for filler in certain spots. U can reverse the "damage" but it requires work. Some trash just doesnt decompose.

Its a balance, i think, that you have to work to maintain. Even when you build.

or destroy.

Reminds me of when i went to oregon a few summers ago, you couldnt help but be drawn the overpowering sense of nature. Although there was development, it provided a great contrast to dallas.

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2291615 - 02/01/04 11:40 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I liked whatshisname...Frank Lloyd Wright. Talk about being called to your profession. He totally changed architecture. Imagine being born to be the best at whatever it is you do. He was perfection.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: Frog]
    #2291640 - 02/01/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Someone still hasnt "pushed the envelope". Im not an architecture Guru, im not really anything.

Ive studied little of Frank Lloyd Wright, but i do know that he is big role model for architects. Sure he was instrumental in developing the open plan, but i cannot say what he cared too much about.

SInce yesterdayy i had lost all kind of meaning about anything I was doing, it wasnt until swami made the wounded planet post, and Mr. Mushrooms response, that i forgot that existed outside of myself.

I like Louis Kahn more, if you look at his building in India, or the Kimbel Art museum, or read what he has written about how "buildings come about".

I think it offers a much more natural approach to architecture.

To me, from my ignorant stance, Frank Lloyd Wright was more interested in building solid building that were aesthetically pleasing, and in order to do that he had to incoporate the oustide.

But to me there is a lot more when considering building something. You have to think about the affect of the building on the enviroment, the people who will be living within the dwelling. Where do they get their food, do they have automobiles? Whats the weather like, what kind of geological activity goes on in the area.

What kinds of different wildlife are in the area. How can you use the natural things that you already have, to build the house, etc.

I dont think i aspire to be an architect in the "classical sense". To tell you the truth i dont know why i am doing it, only since yesterday did i realize one important thing about what i have been doing this whole time.

To preserve the beauty i have seen in the natural world, and to incorporate a dwelling that would reflect that beauty and premote the human condition.

Other than that, i dont have a clue as to what i am doing, i dont even know if it will work, i dont have the slightest sense of confidence, other than that which my imagination can conjure in order to get me through the days.

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2291663 - 02/01/04 12:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

It's probably time for someone to "push the envelope" again. He most definitely pushed it. But it's time for another push. Timing is ripe. People have been building the same buildings for the last 50 years or more.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2291786 - 02/01/04 01:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I see everything as one. I see trees growing through the sidewalk, slowly pulverizing it. I see stray cats rooting through trash cans. I see people sitting on stone benches underneath trees, surrounded by graffitto-tagged walls. I like the city. Its fascinating.

Nature is cool too, though. The wilderness in Texas is pretty boring, though. Not like the forests of Canada or the beaches of California.

I dont know if you can really call cleared fields designed to mass manufacture cattle "nature", though. You look at that shit from a plane and its just green squares all organized in a grid with roads and fences marking who owns what. Kind of disgusting.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2291792 - 02/01/04 01:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thats Texas for you :wink:. well where we live anyway.

I was trying to see what people saw first. You will see the nature, but which do you see, are you more prone to look for the buildings everywhere you go, or are you looking at nature, everywhere you go.

--------------------
What?

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2291933 - 02/01/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I see nature first. I like both, but nature somehow is more diverse and infinitely better crafted than anything we can produce. God's an artist with a hell of a muse.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: Gridge420]
    #2292781 - 02/01/04 10:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Gridge420 said:
Anyone ever think of people as being animals? Or am i just that fucked in the head? I have a feeling its the 2nd one lol

I have often thought of it. Why do we seperate ourselves from nature so much. We are a part of nature so everything we make is just as natural as a beaver damn or bird's nest.

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: "Natural" Perception [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2292968 - 02/02/04 12:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
I see nature first. I like both, but nature somehow is more diverse and infinitely better crafted than anything we can produce. God's an artist with a hell of a muse.

We are part of nature and our creations are part of its diversity.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2293044 - 02/02/04 12:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I see first "human-development" because it's everywhere goddamnit. But I pay alot more attention to Nature, I look more at natural existing things like clouds, trees, grass, my nicely toned arms. I don't look at Man-made objects with such a sense of love for life as I do with natural things, but cool Sky-scrapers or other amazing human feats are pretty damn crazy too but not as crazy at the mind-boggling thought of my existance.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds