Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: heart of the sun
Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia?
    #22903735 - 02/14/16 12:05 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen two therapists who both told me I have all the symptoms for schizophrenia, Then I got a referral from my university psych for a treatment at a mental health clinic for those suffering from "early onset of psychosis."

Now, even though my symptoms definitely have a dark side, I can honestly say that a lot of it is actually quite fun and enjoyable. I have read about schizophrenia and psychosis and most of what I have read has been very negative.

I often have this sense that somebody is narrating my whole life, including my deepest thoughts and emotions. I can almost hear it. I often feel this deep sense that ordinary life is a very thin shell over a reality that is so strange, abstract, and alien in comparison that merely comtemplating it can damage the rational, sane mind. Whenever the narratator makes comments, I feel this strange sense of perfection and completeness. For instance, I could be sitting on a bench drinking a coffee and the narrator says "Alex is enjoying his warm coffee on this cold winter day, a warm coffee is such a treat" or "Alex is just a blonde boy who loves his coffee." This suddenly makes me feel as though everything in the universe is just perfect and right,

Sometimes my mind allows me to look through the world through other people's eyes. I could be sitting at my lecture and suddenly I feel like I can read the professor's thoughts and perceive his reality. I can often create vivid scenes in my mind of events that have happen to other people.

I could talk about my symptoms forever and most of it I have difficulty putting into words, but the main point I want to make is that I actually enjoy them. I know schizophrenia is associated with high dopamine levels, the opposite of depression, so maybe that's why I feel this way, since dopamine makes one feel happy and rewarded.

I often feel like my senses are heightened and that I'm tripping without drugs, my life feels very psychedelic but I love that.

Has anybody here ever experienced a form of  psychosis? Did it have an enjoyable side to it?

--------------------

Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart's in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: Alexestalex] * 2
    #22903788 - 02/14/16 12:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

nobody enjoys being mentally insane to the point where they need to be taken after and cant function in society

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: Alexestalex]
    #22903820 - 02/14/16 12:27 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

: I've always wondered this about schizo seems like the answer is usually no.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #22903844 - 02/14/16 12:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rebelutionsssss said:
nobody enjoys being mentally insane to the point where they need to be taken after and cant function in society

Yes but there's varying degrees of mental illness. Some people have terrible depression and they can function just fine in society whereas others can't. I don't think all schizophrenics are totally dysfunctional.

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #22903887 - 02/14/16 12:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

theyre not. i have a friend diagnosed schitzophrenic, he's a pretty happy guy, but spenmds most of his time playing video games. like as in he works at a game store and when he gets home plays more games. but hes always really happy it seems. good personality to be around.

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineDetached
You know where...

Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: Salomon]
    #22903918 - 02/14/16 12:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's the paranoid schizophrenia that is no fun.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #22903965 - 02/14/16 01:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alexestalex said:
I often have this sense that somebody is narrating my whole life, including my deepest thoughts and emotions. I can almost hear it. I often feel this deep sense that ordinary life is a very thin shell over a reality that is so strange, abstract, and alien in comparison that merely comtemplating it can damage the rational, sane mind. Whenever the narratator makes comments, I feel this strange sense of perfection and completeness. For instance, I could be sitting on a bench drinking a coffee and the narrator says "Alex is enjoying his warm coffee on this cold winter day, a warm coffee is such a treat" or "Alex is just a blonde boy who loves his coffee." This suddenly makes me feel as though everything in the universe is just perfect and right,

Sometimes my mind allows me to look through the world through other people's eyes. I could be sitting at my lecture and suddenly I feel like I can read the professor's thoughts and perceive his reality. I can often create vivid scenes in my mind of events that have happen to other people.

I could talk about my symptoms forever and most of it I have difficulty putting into words, but the main point I want to make is that I actually enjoy them. I know schizophrenia is associated with high dopamine levels, the opposite of depression, so maybe that's why I feel this way, since dopamine makes one feel happy and rewarded.

I often feel like my senses are heightened and that I'm tripping without drugs, my life feels very psychedelic but I love that.

Has anybody here ever experienced a form of  psychosis? Did it have an enjoyable side to it?

So I googled for positive instances of schizophrenia, and it talked about how paranoid schizophrenics are more likely to experience day-to-day delusions.

So I looked into paranoid schizophrenia a bit (only the wiki, not claiming to be extensively knowledgeable) and it specifically referenced delusions of grandeur.

Dropping by the delusions of grandeur page, it talked about positive functioning of delusions a bit.
Quote:

Positive functions

Grandiose delusions frequently serve a very positive function for the person by sustaining or increasing their self-esteem. As a result, it is important to consider what the consequences of removing the grandiose delusion are on self-esteem when trying to modify the grandiose delusion in therapy.
In many instances of grandiosity it is suitable to go for a fractional rather than a total modification, which permits those elements of the delusion that are central for self-esteem to be preserved. For example, a woman who believes she is a senior secret service agent gains a great sense of self-esteem and purpose from this belief, thus until this sense of self-esteem can be provided from elsewhere, it is best not to attempt modification.

Quote:

There are two alternate causes for developing grandiose delusions:[9]

Delusion-as-defense: defense of the mind against lower self-esteem and depression.
    Emotion-consistent: result of exaggerated emotions.

So, in terms of whether or not any schizoprenics enjoy their delusions, it would be quite probable that some others do.
Someone experiencing delusions that artificially raise their self-esteem would certainly enjoy that more than experiencing delusions that degrade it, or that make them feel endangered.

Whether or not it is psychologically healthy to have positive delusions is an affair that is beyond me though.

Do not think that having a vivid imagination that makes you think you can see life through someone else's eyes and picture their past is in itself an issue. :shrug:

Offlinedr.greenfurn
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: pacific northwest
Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #22904028 - 02/14/16 01:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad you appreciate being crazy.

InvisibleAlexestalex
fallen angel

Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: dr.greenfurn]
    #22904057 - 02/14/16 01:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dr.greenfurn said:
I'm glad you appreciate being crazy.

Do you enjoy being high on a low dose of acid? That's roughly how I feel most of the time, I personally love it,

--------------------

OfflineMental Taco
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hell
    #22904100 - 02/14/16 01:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

In "the doors of perception" by Aldous Huxley, he compares his mescaline experience to his wife's schizophrenia saying something along the lines of it allowing you to have a transcendental experience and euphoria looking at 100 folds in a blanket or sweater that visualyou pleasing but at the same time getting frustrated with a paintING for ridiculing you.

Like anything dealing with the mind there is a great deal of dynamic to mental illness.

--------------------
Did you not know that the royal hunting grounds are always forbidden?

Offlinedr.greenfurn
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: pacific northwest
    #22904131 - 02/14/16 01:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

OK that sounds cool :thumbup:

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Any schizophrenics here who ENJOY their schizophrenia? [Re: dr.greenfurn]
    #22904511 - 02/14/16 03:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my delusions come and go, they are not too much of a bother. I was scared for a long time, but learned that there is nothing out there that scary.

voices gave me guidance more than anything

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
    #22904558 - 02/14/16 03:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I have nothing to speak of on the subject.

However, I feel that a huge majority of us will end up with Alzheimer's.

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates