Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Are the pyramids spiritual?
    #2290305 - 01/31/04 06:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The pyramids in Egypt are considered a very spiritual place. I think they are to, but I have one problem with them.

They were built using slaves.

Is my thinking wrong on this? It seems wrong to me to consider a place that was built with the suffering of slaves, spiritual. So is it a monument to slavery or spiritual power point?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: Learyfan]
    #2290311 - 01/31/04 06:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

heh, ive had dreams about being in the pyramids, they have "resonated" with me for a long time, even when i was a kid.

The "spirituality" is distorted i think in some respect when you consider the fact that slaves built it, but it still has that power to invoke awe. Its grand size make it almost hard not have it affect one so much. If you went to the pyramids and never knew slaves had built it, it may be very spiritual.

Say you knew your whole family built it and died building it in slavery, you would probably have lots of anger, but that structure itself woudl invoke a lot of emotion, and its size i think would only magnify it. Considering the laborous, tiresome process that was required to build it.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2290317 - 01/31/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

They were built using slaves.

My understanding is that there is no evidence to support this claim. It is just as likely that they used paid labor. Another theory I've heard is that they had a sort of compulsory "pyramid service," kind of like military service, where people were drafted to work on the pyramid for a certain amount of time, and then went back to their farms. This seems quite plausible, since the flooding of the Nile made it impossible for people to work on their farms during certain times of the year, and therefore they would have had to do some other kind of labor during the rest of the year.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2290329 - 01/31/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was under the impression that most of the people involved in the building of the pyramids were doing it voluntarily for their gods. Like a sense of duty or something, and that they lived in working groups in lots of camps. I think I saw it on some special on the Discovery Channel.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2290342 - 01/31/04 06:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Either The History Channel or The Discover Channel said they used slaves. I forget which.

Don't blame me....... "I DIDN'T DO IT!"

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2290363 - 01/31/04 06:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Is it still a 'mystery' as to how the Pyramids were built?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2290368 - 01/31/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Either The History Channel or The Discover Channel said they used slaves. I forget which.

I've seen both of those channels question that assumption.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2290369 - 01/31/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty much.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2290380 - 01/31/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I hope you're right.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2290385 - 01/31/04 06:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not saying they weren't built by slaves, but I'm saying we don't have any proof that they were, and there is even some evidence which points to the contrary.

However, I do think that the pyramids are representations of the propaganda that is organized religion. The pharaohs who had absolute political control over the masses also exercised absolute religious control by convincing the people that they were gods and therefore the people must build these large, elaborate tombs for them. Of course, the joke was eventually on them as looters later came in robbed these pharaohs.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2290396 - 01/31/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad that there's no proof of it. I just assumed it was true when the History Channel(?) said it. Although, maybe I misunderstood, to.

:stoned:

www.artslides.com/gallery/images/58952.jpg">

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2290404 - 01/31/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Why does it matter if they were built by the slaves or not? The Egyptians still had slavery anyway, even if it wasn't used to build these monuments. Of course, all those slaves and slave-owners have been dead for thousands of years anyway, so even that doesn't matter all that much either.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2290414 - 01/31/04 07:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Incedentaly, do you realize that it would have been impossible for us to go to the moon without Adolf Hitler?

Nazi scientists ran many experiments on the Jews in their concentration camps. One of these was to put a poor dude into a pressure chamber and keep turning the pressure up until his head exploded. They would meticulously measure how much pressure a human being could stand.

When the US was launching its first manned expeditions to space, the relied heavily on this Nazi data (which the US govt accquired in Operation Paperclip) when constructing the space suit. No consciounable labs could have done these experiments, only the inhuman Nazis could have.

God works in mysterious ways.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2290446 - 01/31/04 07:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Question: What good has it done for us to go to the moon? How has Neil Armstrong improved your life? Alas, those Jews still died in vain.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2290456 - 01/31/04 07:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the earth is doomed, one way or another.

space is our only hope.

I would love to see the humans colonize space. If we can make it that far. Can you imagine growing up in an environment with no up, down, left, or right? Can you imagine being able to cruise the galaxy in your own personal starship? Hopping from planet to planet, drinking strange intoxicating beverages and fucking exotic female beings?

I think i would be a pirate. "WE ARE DOCKING YOUR SHIP. HAND OVER YOUR CARGO OR PREPARE TO BE ATOMIZED." Either that or I would be a smuggler like Han Solo.

Someday.

I hope.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2290460 - 01/31/04 07:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shakespeare once said, "Thou owest God a death." I believe this is true just as much for mankind as for individuals. I'd rather have mankind destroy itself than go on to destroy another planet.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2290467 - 01/31/04 07:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

bullshit.

god designed you to have survival instincts. And when the time comes, you've no choice but to use them. Morals or no morals.

oh yah, and no one owes god shit. God works pro bono. thats why he's my nigga!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#2290518 - 01/31/04 07:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dont let your pessimism destroy your since of judgement my friend :wink: .

If we are to abandon all that we have come from and all that has created us, (the earth), are we not already doomed to failure? If we have not been able to come to grips with the ill decisions we have made, what is to say that we will survive elsewhere?

How are we to even THINK that we have the ability to get to some other planet in some other star sytem, or livable planet, WITH resources, in a scenario that would keep us from destroying oour own planet here beforehand?

I dont think we will stand up, if we cant even wake up. People need to deal with certain issues. A healthy persuit of scientific knowledge regarding space may not be a bad thing.

But to ignore the problems that we face, and trying to escape... i dont think its going to work. You may be right, i might be wrong.

But i wouldnt abandon hopes of trying to solve the problems in the here and now.

Way too many people give up everday slaving themselves away never caring about anything else.

If we cant ever step outside of where we are, (which doesnt have to be "space") but the rat race, how will we EVEr be able to think of greater prospects?

There is no running away. even if you could, would you really want to?

--------------------
What?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2290542 - 01/31/04 08:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what about when all that created us (the sun) goes supernova and turns into a nebula, so that it may give rise to new stars and new worlds? 

If the human race is supposed to survive (and it may not be) you can rest assured that we will eventually leave earth.  The earth is impermenant, but humans do not have to be, if we do not choose to be. 

Unfortunately it looks like we are already headed down the wrong road.  Silversoul might be right- maybe its better that way.

any way, no one can say they have either a right or an obligation to this life. The universe is the ultimate free lunch- take it or leave it.  Me, I wanna eat the whole thing before it rots.  But I guess most people choke at its taste and send it back.  Pussies.

BTW I'm very stoned rite now.  these are obviously incoherent rantings :nut:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2290548 - 01/31/04 08:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

If the human race is supposed to survive (and it may not be) you can rest assured that we will eventually leave earth. The earth is impermenant, but humans do not have to be, if we do not choose to be.

This strikes me as rather arrogant. To think that we could outlast our own sun, especially considering how many resources we use up as a species, is foolish.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2290559 - 01/31/04 08:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll admit its against the odds, but then, so is the existence of our species and the universe in which we live.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#2290902 - 01/31/04 11:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That is correct Dr. J, you have pointed out one inevitability within the human experience on earth.

That is far down the road :wink:.

I think people should be thinking on a closer time scale, what to do within the short future, and the current times that they have.

If people cannot resolve what has been done, we will never think of seeing such a closer day.

Even before that, their are an uncountable ammount of risks.

But i love home, and home is where the heart is.

maybe we will find other things, or die before then, but i think its too far along to judge any kind of "do or die" action in the present.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2291152 - 02/01/04 03:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Incedentaly, do you realize that it would have been impossible for us to go to the moon without Adolf Hitler?

Nazi scientists ran many experiments on the Jews in their concentration camps.

not only that, but a lot of the technology itself was appropriated from the nazis.
they were way ahead of us in rocketry, jet propulsion and aerospace engineering.

an example:
http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/vonbraun/bio.html

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#2291153 - 02/01/04 03:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shakespeare once said, "Thou owest God a death." I believe this is true just as much for mankind as for individuals. I'd rather have mankind destroy itself than go on to destroy another planet.

you should look into the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement :thumbup:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#2291163 - 02/01/04 03:32 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It seems wrong to me to consider a place that was built with the suffering of slaves, spiritual.

what do you think of the American South?
spiritual? well, there are plenty of religious people down there...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2291317 - 02/01/04 07:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No humans built the Pyramids... they were spiritual spaceships that carried the Martians to Earth to populate here. :nut:

I find it beneficial to focus on the short term AND the long term. I focus on the future and work towards it in the present moment.. but I also enjoy this moment and care about it too. We should be keeping this Earth in mint condition.. and we should also be making plans to spread throughout the galaxy.

The man who only walks with his eye sight on his feet is going to walk into the brick wall, and the man who walks with his eye sight on the horizon is going to trip over the shit on the ground. Ones eye sight should be balanced. :wink: Personally, I embrace the idea of us venturing off of this lovely planet and ensuring the continuation of us. One step further along the path of evolution. To not do so would be the same as burning down libraries.

And nothing is spiritual (or everything is, :grin:), spirituality is a concept that we imply and find within ourselves. The cross is just as spiritual as this light pole outside my window.

Injustice has been everywhere and involved with everything. If the pyramids can't hold spiritual value because slaves built it, well, any structure built using horses or oxen can't hold spiritual value. That animal that was once a free animal living its life was manipulated for our purposes. Anything that has ever been tied to America and the fact that it exists cannot hold spiritual value then as well, because we came over and took the land from people already living on it.

Its all in the mind, after all.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2291367 - 02/01/04 08:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

about the space 'moon' program...plastics were developed then b/c of the space program, and there were a host of other technilogical breakthroughs too, i just cant remember them off the top o me head...but yeah, anyone who dies against their will is dying in vein. of course, im not saying that these breakthroughs were neccessarily ultimately good for the human race, b/c most of the techno stuff went into war weapons...we are too advanced technologically for our yet too primative minds, i think. btw, i dont think the pyramids are inherently spiritual, one thing isnt more spiritual than anything else, but one could say that everything is inherently spiritual....know what i mean?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: CleverName]
    #2293202 - 02/02/04 02:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

no i dont think the pyramids are spiritual. They symbolize man's dominance over nature. I think the pyramids in machu pichu are more spiritual because they symbolize man's integration with nature. The egyptians were more interested in space and not so much spirituality.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2293229 - 02/02/04 02:42 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

to many, the pyramids are highly spiritual

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293376 - 02/02/04 04:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lostsuitcase said:
no i dont think the pyramids are spiritual. They symbolize man's dominance over nature. I think the pyramids in machu pichu are more spiritual because they symbolize man's integration with nature.

Spirituality comes from where one seeks it. Either nothing is spiritual or everything is, nothing has more inherent spiritual value than anything else. It is all in the mind; it is the CONCEPT of spirituality that is carried around and applied by us to objects and places, and the association is only made by us.  :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2293404 - 02/02/04 05:14 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

no, some things are more spiritual than others, this has to do with the seperation of the mind body spirit tri-axis.

the body is represented through biology and physics, while the mind is represented through metaphysics and psychology.

the spritual is represented through religion and philosophy.

this means that certain things are more spiritual than others, for example. Sex for purely biological reasons is not spiritual, while sex for mental/religious reasons is MORE spiritual. Many things are like this.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293650 - 02/02/04 08:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lostsuitcase said:
this means that certain things are more spiritual than others, for example. Sex for purely biological reasons is not spiritual, while sex for mental/religious reasons is MORE spiritual. Many things are like this.

It is US that determines how spiritual something is. It is all a concept in our mind. What makes the difference between sex for biological reasons and sex for religious reasons? Isn't it still sex? What is the variable that determines if there is spiritual value in it or not?

Yep. That is right. The mind. Your intentions and motivations. We have the ability to conceptualize and imply meaning, and this is where spirituality comes from.

I find spiritual value in eating. Others might not. Once again: it is MY intentions and meaning implied that determine its spiritual value. Hell, what IS spiritual value? Some people don't even carry the concept around. It seems fairly obvious that spirituality was created by and is determined and defined with our mind and our power of conception.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2293663 - 02/02/04 08:53 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm...agreed and agreed, im with you on this one, buddy, "we are what we think...with our thoughts we make the world"--from some dude i used to hang with named siddartha :grin:

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2293672 - 02/02/04 08:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah!!!!!!!!!    :thumbup:

can't really say much after that :biggrin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2294347 - 02/02/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll admit its against the odds, but then, so is the existence of our species and the universe in which we live.

The odds are 1 to 1 or 100%.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: Swami]
    #2295026 - 02/02/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

?If the rate of expansion one second after the big bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, the universe would have recollapsed before it ever reached its present size.?

-Stephen Hawkings

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2295660 - 02/02/04 09:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dear Doktor, the odds of something happening after it already happened are exactly 1:1.

Am NOT being flippant, but this fallacious logic is used all too often in many fields.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: Are the pyramids spiritual? [Re: Swami]
    #2295755 - 02/02/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

time is a bitch :nut:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds