Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: the irc situation [Re: G a n j a]
    #2287394 - 01/30/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

There is no op abuse. There is good natured joking around. This element of the chat is one that really makes it fun, but I wouldn't expect your imbred British ass to be able to understand the concept of "fun"

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: the irc situation [Re: TinMan]
    #2287403 - 01/30/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

TinMan, I've never even seen you in chat. You come accross as some expert when this is an aspect of the community that you don't know anything about. What you have presented here as an argument is senseless garbage

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: the irc situation [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #2287414 - 01/30/04 02:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
TinMan, I've never even seen you in chat. You come accross as some expert when this is an aspect of the community that you don't know anything about. What you have presented here as an argument is senseless garbage

I COME across as some expert? How would you know what I know or not about IRC. For all you know I could have been coming there since it was first made...

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2287628 - 01/30/04 04:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
There is no op abuse.  There is good natured joking around.  This element of the chat is one that really makes it fun, but I wouldn't expect your imbred British ass to be able to understand the concept of "fun"

And you want to be my latex salesman... :grin:

--------------------

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
Re: the irc situation [Re: neuro]
    #2288124 - 01/30/04 08:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

heh i find it incredibly amusing how many people are okay with this change, they all seem to have one thing in common....THEY HAVE THEIR OPS AND POWERS....(with the exception of doobie, who is trying to stand up for those that feel theyve been treated unfair) as i have said before all the people that have their ops dont think it really means anything and they say dont care, if you really honestly dont care then you really should not mind having all your powers taken away...(ie not just the op sign but all your chanserv powers too) i said this before and no one really responded to it. was it because i was right? dont say you dont care if youre not ready to give up your powers entirely and hand them over to someone eles because that would be lieing. now as far as my own ops are concerned i dont think anyone ever bitched about me with my ops yet they have still yet to be given back as promised.....yet theres people in there that ive never seen in chat for the close to a year time ive been in there that have them...how can this possibly be considered fair? much like when i first got ops on here i didn't once think i deserved them nor did i ask for them but i feel since ive been very good with them regaurdless that i should not have them taken away any longer as well as anyone eles that had them taken away that didn't abuse there power....i still dont see the purpose of all these little tests especially when 2 people were the cause of the problem. 3d himself told me that he even agreed to have his and mndfreezes ops taken away and thought it was complete bull dink that everyone eles was taken away. now im not defending him or am i defending mndfreeze or pointing fingers at one or the other, but from what i understand the general concensus of the community agrees with that statment or is that incorrect?
When the server was switched over i heard nothing but that the shroomery will not be run by one specific person it will be run by the community. THE POLLS STATE WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS AND THINGS HAVE YET TO BE RESTORED FULLY! what the hell kinda crap is that? i came back on here after leaving because i thought maybe things would change for the better after my frist impression that what happened in otd was going to start happening all over shroomery....is this is a good exsample that they didn't change?
And stop telling me to chill! lets see how chill you guys are when all your powers are revoked period.
Once again IF POWERS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU I DARE YOU TO GIVE THEM UP AND TO SOMEONE ELES THAT CAN APPRECIATE THEM!

Now watch this! ill even go as far as to admit a wrong of mine....when they first shut down otd i was all for it because i didn't really understand how people could be so upset over it. tho it did help me focus a little more on the mycology side of the board i didn't stop to think about the people that had been in otd for years and thats what they were comfortable with and how they felt. I two was saying chill and stuff like that now i realize how wrong it was for otd to have been shut down as im in the same situation here. otders my apologies for agreeing with it earlier.

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

Edited by Calbha (01/30/04 08:38 PM)

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the irc situation [Re: Calbha]
    #2288465 - 01/30/04 10:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well the descions have been made so im going to pipe down now despite how incredibly unhappy i am with the way this turned out but id still like it if my last post was adressed please as i feel i made some incredibly honest and good points. notice ive done my damnedest not to make direct attacks on anyone person either :wink:

Edited by Calbha (01/30/04 10:12 PM)

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#2288841 - 01/31/04 01:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

[02:14] <automan> geo, u there?
[02:14] * geo|vape nods
[02:14] <automan> since i am never in here, i want to give my aops up to someone more deserving of it
[02:15] <automan> with only 30, u need people that are in here
[02:18] <geo|vape> automan: if you are volunteering your continued services for the shroomery; there really is no reason for you to relinquish your OP status in the chat room. however, if that's what you want, then so be it.
[02:18] <automan> if it frees up room for people more deserving, then take it

-------------------------------------------------------------------

there ya go cal. i gave up my power in there, because i'm not in there enough to take up a spot on the list.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: the irc situation [Re: automan]
    #2288897 - 01/31/04 01:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

automan, you kick ass. You see the problem, and you want it fixed.

Thanks

I still don't understand why mods have @'s. Their status does not count against the 30 ops, but they are never in chat, so if the problem was that the op list was too long, what's the point?

--------------------

Edited by Senor_Doobie (01/31/04 02:42 AM)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2288927 - 01/31/04 02:07 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

/me hurls a level twelve smirk-ball at Doobie the Cleric --> :smirk:12

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
    #2289021 - 01/31/04 03:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

calbha should totally have ops man. we my kid around lots and shit but i still think your a good op :laugh: im always on #shroomery unless im working or sleeping. irc is the first thing i log into when i get online it used to get the boards but irc seems to be pulling me :laugh: i loved having aops yea i fucked around but i never heard any complaints about it geo was the one who gave em too me in the first place. i was told that anyone who stuck through the crap that the boards and irc went through with all the 3dshrooms drama that they deserved to have aops but fuck it if yall dont think im worth it then i guess im not

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: the irc situation [Re: Dobie]
    #2289292 - 01/31/04 08:35 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Find someone willing to switch with him.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #2289547 - 01/31/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

OPs is like some High School 'cool crowd' thing.

Seriously from the first time I ever went into a chat room in like 1997 or something I always felt that the people with OPs were looked at as the cool crowd.

It was a way to make people feel like they fit in and were part of the cool crowd.

I think ops are 90% about that, 10% about actually doing something to help the group.

Its the purest form of popularity clique syndrome on the internet I've ever seen.

Now where's my ops? :wink:

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: the irc situation [Re: Thor]
    #2289717 - 01/31/04 01:29 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

/msg chanserv aop #shroomery add Thor

there ya go  :smirk:

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the irc situation [Re: automan]
    #2289773 - 01/31/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First of all id like to say after a conversation with a few people i see the issue in a new light....Id also like to apologise for the heated remarks but i think alot of times in these situations when theres so much a lack of information being given to people on the situation at hand its very easy to fly off the hook.

I'd like to apologise to geo as from what i saw it was him making these descions on his own in haste. I found out this to not be true and that its always a collective descion but apparently geo is kinda like the messanger to the community and i was killing him. ;P in order to stop such personal attacks on one specific person id like to suggest that more admins back up the guy and help explain whats going instead of letting him take all the heat. And i dont just mean rah! rah! moral support but to help try and explain a little more on maybe some things that are still unclear.

When theres a problem with the community i feel its only fair for the community to know everything! the biggest causes for argument is lack of communication including lack of information. So i feel the best way to communicate what is going on is to follow a few simple steps
1.what the problem is
2.what is going to be done about the problem
3.why its going to be done

and most importantly

4.how does the community feel about the situation.

I dont think that is asking too much now is it?

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

Edited by Calbha (01/31/04 01:56 PM)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #2289815 - 01/31/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to add that some of the admins like myself and anno, Pappaver, and Ythan spend very little time if any ever in chat.

The Shroomery is truly 2 entities, the BB and Chat. They are both unique in their own way and thus those admins on the BB that are active in chat have the confidence of the other admins who don't visit chat much to do the right thing.

For myself, anno, Pappaver, and Ythan since I don't believe he goes much to chat its just not an area we get involved in with since its not our domain.

I think Vamp, Geo really represent the community admins over there and thus we leave it to them to make decisions and run chat.

I think that a lot of chat people assume many people from the community care about chat but I think this is not true in most cases. Most people who don't ever visit chat post only on the BB and rarely if ever go to chat. Many people in chat stick to chat and rarely post. There are of course people who do both, but thats not I think the majority.

So really the BB and Chat are two different entities and are managed not by the same people.

I don't think regulars in chat would like it if I came into chat and started to make changes considering I know little about that part of the shroomery community and in that sense how would I know whats best.

So yeah, anyhow thats what I think.  :biggrin:

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: the irc situation [Re: Thor]
    #2289861 - 01/31/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:
OPs is like some High School 'cool crowd' thing.

Seriously from the first time I ever went into a chat room in like 1997 or something I always felt that the people with OPs were looked at as the cool crowd.

It was a way to make people feel like they fit in and were part of the cool crowd.

I think ops are 90% about that, 10% about actually doing something to help the group.

Its the purest form of popularity clique syndrome on the internet I've ever seen.

Now where's my ops? :wink:

I told you hardheaded niggers the proper way to solve that problem years ago! 

AOP *EVERYONE*  Once the first few days have gone by and everyone gets over the 'cool kicking' thing, everyone will realize that they are all equal, and have no special privledges over anyone else really since aops can unban themselves etc..

OR, just giv eme back my oline and I'll kline the whole lot of you silly people!

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: the irc situation [Re: Barbi]
    #2289871 - 01/31/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
AOP *EVERYONE* Once the first few days have gone by and everyone gets over the 'cool kicking' thing, everyone will realize that they are all equal, and have no special privledges over anyone else really since aops can unban themselves etc..

Thats exactly what I'm sure everyone has been working towards, and thats the reason the list was modified in the first place. If you want everyone in the channel to have AOPs, go make your own damn channel.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2289952 - 01/31/04 03:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Cool! I'm glad to see this situation calming down. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Re: the irc situation [Re: Papaver]
    #2289969 - 01/31/04 04:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thats what you think, Mr. Bond.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: the irc situation [Re: TinMan]
    #2289979 - 01/31/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Shaken not stirred, Dr. No...

By the way, where's Miss Goodthighs?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale