Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
LSD and religion
    #2289793 - 01/31/04 04:04 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I took this drug for the first time 14 hours ago. I have been awake all night sorting through my mind. The experience has left me, slack-jawed. My perception was renewed, my ideas of God have changed profoudly, I feel like I've crossed an Event Horizon of some sort. As I was going into the black hole, I knew that I would be forever changed once I was sucked out.

I never thought something so small would affect my mind the way this chemical did. I could have never prepared myself for this because it was always supposed to happen.

Haha, intelectual spew

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: LSD and religion [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #2289797 - 01/31/04 04:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

welcome friend
good luck on integrating your experiences

that's the hard part

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: LSD and religion [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2289857 - 01/31/04 04:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Difficult but neccessary. I just discovered the magic of Alan Watts via mp3. It feels like I lost my car keys only to find them in my pocket.  :rocket:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2291013 - 02/01/04 03:38 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

heh sometimes after a powerful drug experience it feels like I've been "asleep" for years :wink:

Good Morning, Friend :laugh:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: LSD and religion [Re: Strumpling]
    #2291789 - 02/01/04 03:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, "'asleep' for years," seems to be a very common but important experience among Entheogenic Explorers - usually (unfortunately) from acid rather than Mushrooms.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#2291803 - 02/01/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well then, you just be careful not to jump to any conclusions. Become something of a Phenomenologist and [bracket] the Experience out of ordinary reality so that you can look at it closely, and so the Experience can continue to reverberate from the past into your continuous Present. The Transcendental transcends space-time and will continue to have an effect on you, so do your system a favor and allow time for integration before the next Experience. My first time was July 1, 1972.
Peace.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: LSD and religion [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2291828 - 02/01/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"usually (unfortunately) from acid rather than Mushrooms."

I disagree

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2291849 - 02/01/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"They say LSD turns a healthy man insane; his world appears disjointed and incohesive. On the contrary, it is an unshakably rigid and cohesive world which turns an insane man to LSD for solace."

"My eyes are open, and the light makes the spirit ache with relief. I've been in the dark so long. Everything that seemed normal now appears insane."

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: LSD and religion [Re: Strumpling]
    #2292966 - 02/02/04 02:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
"usually (unfortunately) from acid rather than Mushrooms."

I disagree

I also disagree, I get a very strong feeling of being 'back' on both shrooms and LSD, one of the stranger aspects of these drugs. The first time I did LSD I said to the guy who was with me 'Damn, I'm so sure i've done acid before, I just can't remember when'. I guess the feeling is more pronounced on LSD but it's still there with shrooms. With acid its more like your head being forced open and the deal of how shit is going down is forced into you with unrelenting intensity whereas shrooms are more mellow and embracing, not so blatant(not to say it can't get out of hand! :nut:). Well for me any way. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: LSD and religion [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2293029 - 02/02/04 02:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

'Damn, I'm so sure i've done acid before, I just can't remember when'.

those exact words came out of my frinds mouth our forst time. I on the other hand was convinced we were going to die. And eventually convinced him.....it made so much since..the Grateful DEAD, and all this shit was going on that apparently really wasent but i swear everyone there on acid was walking to the center of the earth to die and i said fuck it, cant to shit about it now, and went close behind.

lol

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: LSD and religion [Re: Vulture]
    #2293165 - 02/02/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

woh, lsd sounds wild.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: LSD and religion [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293233 - 02/02/04 04:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Be responsibile with it. It's a POWERFUL POWERFUL tool. After taking acid I thought about how it relates to my mushroom experiences. Mushroom trips feel like being placed into a complex magical story viewed through the eyes of a child. I always remember them as experiences where I see acid more as a car wash for the mind, the car is still the same it just comes out a little cleaner.

This is all purely subjective.  :smile2:

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: LSD and religion [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2293287 - 02/02/04 05:18 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, its fairly wild :eek:

--------------------
Light & Music

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #2293374 - 02/02/04 06:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you know, the way lsd worked on me i'd experience patience, wisdom, harmony, and the ecstasy of beautiful visions... but deeply ingrained in me was the kinow-it-all bratty kid that came from being really sheltered... i was so lazy when it came to religious practice, i loved to read about them w/ the most esoteric books 'cuz they articulated my experiences so well, but never put much effort into their practices. arguing philosophy through the shroomery was a definate set-back, 'cuz i had yet to even live my life... my life is about traveling, meeting and making new friends and finding new loves, learning about new cultures and histories, and picking up new crafts and skills... i didn't know that though. never had traveled, was totally dependent on my parents, was socially inept, loved escapist fiction books and videogames before i tripped on acid as i finished up high school........ didn't start growing up until after i was through with college, hundreds and hundreds of acid trips later. after a certain point, it's just not useful anymore until you go out and get your hands dirty and just live.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD and religion [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2293420 - 02/02/04 07:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Right. I agree with my Lady, who I had the opportunity to turn on to both Mushrooms (up to 4 gms) and Acid (2 strong gel tabs at once). We both concur that Mushrooms have more Lunar (Yin) energy than the Solar (Yang) Acid. Mushrooms develop from the dark, moist Earth, while Acid is derived from a fungus that grows above the Earth in air and light on the ergot-laden stalks of grain. Of course, that is a metaphysical way of looking at it. I 'cut my teeth' on Windowpane LSD from the early 70's, and tooks lots of high dose blotters before I ever had Mushrooms - hence my comment. Certainly no disrespect to the Sacred Mushroom. More blessings to ya if you get to 'that place of remembrance' from the Mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2293437 - 02/02/04 07:56 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the new world YellowSub  :heart: :grin:

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: LSD and religion [Re: Ped]
    #2295085 - 02/02/04 08:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
"They say LSD turns a healthy man insane; his world appears disjointed and incohesive. On the contrary, it is an unshakably rigid and cohesive world which turns an insane man to LSD for solace."

Ped i fucking love that quote

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology